My Lowered ZR6!!

DKzr6

Well finally some nice weather. Good time ti wash the car and take some pics showing the new lowered suspension.

I ended up with Pedders Sports Ryder Progressive rate springs with a 55mm drop. Got it fitted by Bob Jane.

Ride is smooth, slightly firmer, but it corners so much better now. No more inside wheel spin under harder acceleration.

New suspension makes a remarkable difference to how much power you can put down, before traction control takes over.

As an added bonus it looks great too.

post-3909-1194741913_thumb.jpg

post-3909-1194741926_thumb.jpg

post-3909-1194741956_thumb.jpg

Thats hot, those style wheels suite well, now i gotta rethink what sort of rims I want haha..

19's or 20's?

And how much clearance do you have from the ground to the car?

Oh yeah I reckon white is a killer on the aurion especially with the dark grey styling panels around the fogs/bumber/spoiler etc it blends well!

and how much all up was this?

Edited by AcoustiK

Thats hot, those style wheels suite well, now i gotta rethink what sort of rims I want haha..

19's or 20's?

And how much clearance do you have from the ground to the car?

Oh yeah I reckon white is a killer on the aurion especially with the dark grey styling panels around the fogs/bumber/spoiler etc it blends well!

and how much all up was this?

Thanks for all the comments guys.

I choose 18's, otheriwse the ride gets a bit harsh on Sydney's roads.

Have not measured ground clearance. Generally its ok, only bottoms out on some steep driveways. As long as you approach on an angle it doesn't hit.

Price was $550, but that included, wheel alignment and balance. It also includes another free aligment after i do 500km on the springs.

DkZR6, what's the tyre spec, ie. width, aspect etc.

Did it only really cost you $550 all up for rims, lowering, etc? That's pretty cheap!

How's the ride like? I've only got 16s on, and keen on getting 18s but worry about the harsher ride.

Did it only really cost you $550 all up for rims, lowering, etc? That's pretty cheap!

How's the ride like? I've only got 16s on, and keen on getting 18s but worry about the harsher ride.

Suspension was $550.

Ride is smooth, and controlled. I was also worried about having too harsh a ride, but even with 18's and lowered suspension the ride is not to harsh or stiff.

Wheels from memory were around $2100.

Tyres are 235x40x18.

Wheels are 18x8

Suspension was $550.

Ride is smooth, and controlled. I was also worried about having too harsh a ride, but even with 18's and lowered suspension the ride is not to harsh or stiff.

Tyres are 235x40x18.

Wheels are 18x8

looks really nice. congrats

Tyres are 235x40x18.

Wheels are 18x8

dang. i dont wanna know how much your tyres. cost (yes i do) hehe

Tyres are 235x40x18.

Wheels are 18x8

dang. i dont wanna know how much your tyres. cost (yes i do) hehe

heheh, what i should have said, is wheels "and" tyres were $2100. I think the rims were $1400 and tyres were $700 (only a cheapish tyre MAXXIS MA-V1). They came priced as a package so purchasing them separately may be a whole different story price wise.

I'm surprised, the tyres are actually very grippy in the wet and dry. They rated well in the 'Wheels' tyre test. My only critisism would be that they are a little noisy compared to the Michelin Energy's that were on the car from factory.

Probably go for some better tyres when it comes time to change them.

Edited by DKzr6

Looks sweet. Been thinking about doing this to mine but insurance is then an issue. Who are you insured with if you don't mind me asking. Alliance won't insure a lowered car.

Steve

AAMI. No questions asked. I told them i lowered it and added mags and tint. They said ok.

As a matter of fact i got my renewal yesterday. Insured for 40k. $813.

Age might be an issue if you are younger than 25. I'm old :blink: 33.

Looks sweet. Been thinking about doing this to mine but insurance is then an issue. Who are you insured with if you don't mind me asking. Alliance won't insure a lowered car.

Steve

AAMI. No questions asked. I told them i lowered it and added mags and tint. They said ok.

Im 21 insured my car for $50,000 and im paying $671

With AAMI too

Edited by Soloman

Steve

With AAMI too

thats really good. im 19 atm turning 20 this month and i pay 895 yearly for the zr6 2007. which is still good compared to my age. when you call them up to say you have done modifications to the car, do they ask for receipts of the wheels and tyres etc?

Steve

With AAMI too

thats really good. im 19 atm turning 20 this month and i pay 895 yearly for the zr6 2007. which is still good compared to my age. when you call them up to say you have done modifications to the car, do they ask for receipts of the wheels and tyres etc?

No, they don't ask for anything. I would assume that if you make a claim they will ask for proof of purchase.

Steve

With AAMI too

:huh: thats really cheap!! What suburb/state are you in? How much did your car cost? They normally won't insure it for more than the replacement cost of a new one.

With AAMI too

serious? how long have u been with them!? and have u been comprehensive with them for a long time?

I paid 795 under rating 1,

I doubt they will even ask for proof, as long its in the policy and its what it is as it says when you get into an accident they will cover for you, Ive had friend with JustCar (is pretty much AAMI) and had done mods to their car got into an accident and Insurance paid off.

But there could be issues with police though, if your car is deemed unroadworthy before the accident happened e.g. mods, then the insurance company might use the police argument to shaft you.