Lowering 2002 Corolla

FoRoLLa

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum.

Firstly, great forum, have lots of good/useful info on the current corolla (01 onward).

I'm considering of lowering my ride (non stivo rolla) with Lovells Sport Low springs (front & back). Follows by a set of 17" with 215/45R17 tyres.

Does anyone on this forum have this exact setup? If so, just want to know if the front wheels scrub the guard on bumpy rides. Secondly is the uncompressed height of rear springs tall enough to stay in place when the car is being fully jacked up for service?

Cheers,

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum.

Firstly, great forum, have lots of good/useful info on the current corolla (01 onward).

I'm considering of lowering my ride (non stivo rolla) with Lovells Sport Low springs (front & back). Follows by a set of 17" with 215/45R17 tyres.

Does anyone on this forum have this exact setup? If so, just want to know if the front wheels scrub the guard on bumpy rides. Secondly is the uncompressed height of rear springs tall enough to stay in place when the car is being fully jacked up for service?

Cheers,

Is it a hatchback or a sedan, which model. Kcorro has experince in this; at the end I think he went to some sort of stivo set-up? You may want to go for the 205'w due to clearance issues.

Refer to http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showforum=14

Edited by sport1vo

i've got low king springs with 215/45/r17.

My fronts scrub during bumps and moderate dips in the road, as well as hard cornering.

Try to avoid having a full load in the back as well as cargo/baggage. with 17x7's (depending on offset) will be cut by the inner guards, i can provide pics if you want . (for both front and back tyre scrubbing/cutting)/

with 205/40/r17, you shouldn't have any problems at all...but the difference in rolling diameter is greater than 215/45/r17.

you need to look at the offset not just the tyre size. most alloy wheels for front wheel drive cars will have good offset but there are some that cause rubbing problems like what xtigerx has.

i have the sedan and i was using coilovers. i only sold them so i could save up to go overseas. when i get back i will be getting coilovers again. coilovers are for me as i like to feel the road.

right now i am using oem sportivo suspension. i thought i would try it out in the sedan. it is alright but i really miss my coilovers. with the coilovers there was no need for strut tower bars or to upgrade sway bars. i was close to the ground and body roll was nearly zero.

i was feeling very safe too. where i pointed the car it would stick and at speed too.

the stock offset is 45. let us know what the offset is of the new wheels so we can work out if it is good or not.

it is alright but i really miss my coilovers. with the coilovers there was no need for strut tower bars or to upgrade sway bars. i was close to the ground and body roll was nearly zero.

i was feeling very safe too. where i pointed the car it would stick and at speed too.

dammmmm you...... @#&$

below just looks at the rim and not the tyre.

17 x 7 offset 40 will give you

clearance from stut housing to the inside of the wheel will be 8 mm LESS

the outside edge of the wheel will EXTEND an extra 18 mm

see if you can visualise where the new rim will extend to and then take a look at how much room you have got for the tyre.

Edited by kcorro