Brisbane Meetup (Every Thursday 9pm)

btw, I have a mate told me that he just bought the New Aurion..i told him about this and he might come together next week.

it wasnt blue by any chance was it and picked it up last wednesday? lol

ill be out with the new car, not sure about nebo if i get enough peer pressure ill go but defs not going hard this thing handles 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 times better than my aurion every did so its pretty scary. but getting my suspension done on friday so not sure if ill wait until thats done or not. bumps already rattle my dash with stock springs lol

if i wuss out and ash is going ill go in with u

No he pick up the car THIS THURSDAY. He told me the color is silver with bit of gold or something. He traded his 2000 corolla conquest (own from new) for $7k at Southside Toyota the Gabba.

He is loving toyota as well.. :rolleyes:

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

btw, I have a mate told me that he just bought the New Aurion..i told him about this and he might come together next week.

ill be out with the new car, not sure about nebo if i get enough peer pressure ill go but defs not going hard this thing handles 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 times better than my aurion every did so its pretty scary. but getting my suspension done on friday so not sure if ill wait until thats done or not. bumps already rattle my dash with stock springs lol

No he pick up the car THIS THURSDAY. He told me the color is silver with bit of gold or something. He traded his 2000 corolla conquest (own from new) for $7k at Southside Toyota the Gabba.

get him to come for sure, as Daryl has proven, aurions handle pretty damn well.

ive got an idea rowan... how about you take me in the mighty colt... :D

ride for ride mate, u take me this week and when mine has got some goodies ill take u out, got a few things up my sleve for the next few weeks :spiteful:

get him to come for sure, as Daryl has proven, aurions handle pretty damn well.

Maybe..ha

But it is a brand new car....cant ask him to push it hard... ;)

Mmm Nebo....be careful out there guys, any moisture on the ground and you will kiss guardrails. That's what happened to me... :angry: All the nifty AWD traction technology in the world won't save you if the road is slippery as I found out painfully 2 months ago. Luckily no one was injured and the car has been repaired (I needed a new intercooler anyway) but the pain still lingers....probably the dumbest thing I've done, Nebo just after it started raining and the ground turns to a skating rink.

Now I'm reserving my angst purely for the racetrack.....not to be a killjoy but just a reminder to everyone that all it takes between you and a really nasty accident is split seconds.

Have fun & stay safe

Edited by Supercharged TRD

agree with elgin, nebo is fun, but can be very dangerous.

If it is wet tomorrow night, we wont be going up.

A couple of things to remember...

Don't try and be a hero, you arent out to prove you are the fastest motherf*cker out there... nobody will think you are cool when you crash...

Don't get over confident, you can **** it up very easily.

Have fun! but make sure you stay within the limits of yourself and your car.

oh, and watch out for that damn left- right hand hilly corner!! (people who have done nebo before will know what i mean)

im bailing on nebo run hahaha :whistling::rolleyes: . I'll be too tired as I'm working 12 hour day tomorrow and maybe friday but I might still come for the meet up.

Edited by 11TWO

I am still keen... could always do another one soon...

can't you go one week without a nebo run mick?

i agree, last time i went up, i couldn't keep up with any of them... I am NOT prepared to ace myself and everything i have worked hard for, off a f*ken cliff... i went to my limit, if i begin pushing limits, that's when things start to go wrong...

also, since the car was freshly boosted, i didn't know how it would go round the corners. :unsure:

Won't be out this week, if we can get a meet-up going next Friday Arvo, then i will be there... Its too much for me to come up on the Thursday night, then go home, get home around 1ish, then have work the next morning :o

Have fun and keep it safe :toast:

Evo

looks like it will be, a nebo run tonight for those who are still keen (michael, me, ro, ash, dave, whoever else) and then another one when daryl fits his suspension :)

looks like it will be, a nebo run tonight for those who are still keen (michael, me, ro, ash, dave, whoever else) and then another one when daryl fits his suspension :)

Will anyone be taking it easy tonight on Nebo? I've never done it in the Yaris and not only is it slow but the tyres aren't that great so I won't be pushing hard if I come.

Oh and I'll be coming to the meet regardless to say Hi and meet you guys, so if you see some random wandering around like a lost sheep, that's me :P

Will anyone be taking it easy tonight on Nebo? I've never done it in the Yaris and not only is it slow but the tyres aren't that great so I won't be pushing hard if I come.

Oh and I'll be coming to the meet regardless to say Hi and meet you guys, so if you see some random wandering around like a lost sheep, that's me :P

Just go as easy as you want to, we aren't just going to get to the end and bail, we will always wait for all the cars to arrive.

That said, I will be in my yaris, so I wont be going too hard out :)

Just do the mountain at your own pace, dont worry about anyone else, especially since its your first time in the Yaris.

mick will have to get rid off all those ladies high heels in his car to reduce weight lol...

haha, yeah i will dump all of the GF's sh*t out before i come.

ill be another one going relatively soft, dave always goes hard. i gave him a fright the other time when we went up when guni was here coming down the other side(newbies to the hill, done go hard on the way down u wont have brakes by the end). brake faid was very apparent would have liked to pulled up a little earlier lol

Alright, sounds fair :) I get brake fade just hammering around town.... <_< Time to invest in slotted rotors + pads me thinks!

What about doing it in reverse? That way the descent is much longer, less strain on your brakes.

what time are we leaving tonight to go? i dont think ill be able to make it there till about 8:30 so dont leave before then, let everyone gather i think it will be a biggish one tongiht

what time are we leaving tonight to go? i dont think ill be able to make it there till about 8:30 so dont leave before then, let everyone gather i think it will be a biggish one tongiht

I was thinking somewhere in the vicinity of 9.00-9.30, what do we think?