Brisbane Meetup (Every Thursday 9pm)

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Was wondering... if I bring the Commodore out this coming Thursday, would some of you Photographers be able to take some shots?

I don't want anything too fancy... (seriously, it's a Commodore, is that possible?)

Just something to help me sell the damn thing.

:rolleyes:

EDIT: I'll give you 5 dollars.

Edited by natedog11six

Was wondering... if I bring the Commodore out this coming Thursday, would some of you Photographers be able to take some shots?

I don't want anything too fancy... (seriously, it's a Commodore, is that possible?)

Just something to help me sell the damn thing.

:rolleyes:

EDIT: I'll give you 5 dollars.

awww yeahhhh... who wants to make 5 buckssssss

You guys might wanna watch a grass gymkhana before you consider doing one. I've seen a few tyres peeled off the rim, ...and much worse. :o

Gav.

i did something similar (tyre off rim) while having my own little grass gymkahana at my parents place... hehe.

BTW Rowan: I expect you to be doing better than just passing Phil on the 2nd run, with all the mods you have now! :huh:

still cant even pass a colt that i drove with less mods than him LOL! jksjks

You guys might wanna watch a grass gymkhana before you consider doing one. I've seen a few tyres peeled off the rim, ...and much worse. :o

Gav.

Such as?

You have to drive a fwd really badly (read excessive understeer) to roll a properly inflated tyre off a rim.

I think the only incident I can remember seeing at one of our grass motorkhanas is a wheel came off a falcon cause the nuts weren't done up tight.

A quick search of Youtube for "NDSCC motorkhana" will show you what the events are like.

There will also be a skidpan motorkhana coming up early in the year.

I have competed in dozens of grass motorkanas and only once have seen a tyre rolled off a rim. This was with a competitor who was using a spare set road of road tyres on his rally car (as rally tyres were banned due to excessive grass damage) and didnt check the pressures before his first run, resulting in the rolled tyre.

I've seen at one NDSCC session [at the purple cow]:

a tyre peeled on the same car twice in one day [ends with a flat tyre with grass and dirt in it that won't seat properly],

coilovers burst [this is more of a setup issue, but if you're not ready for it...],

undertrays and front lips ripped off [once again, you need to prepare your car].

Peeling a tyre is not the same is completely tearing it off the rim, but you can't drive home or compete on it any more.

I'm just saying if you take your shiny modern slammed car to a grass gymkhana without any extra consideration, you can be driving home with more than just the entry fee to worry about.

I've got some groovy pics from this event, and I think Rob's EVO was there too. Hit me up on MSN, and I can share them.

Cheers, Gav.

One of the very first khanas we had up at the Farm Fantastic (purple cow) site did chop up quite badly but you simply drive to suit the conditions or accept the risk of damaging something. My VR4 had the minimum legal 100mm ground clearance, Hotbits coilovers and never suffered any damage at that event or any others for that matter. I do know, that at that event, a guy in an R32 GTST that ripped an old rubber strut top apart and I got him some Noltecs to replace them with, but he also had silly stiff jap spec coilovers.

All this talk of rolled tyres and damaged suspension, just go to QR; gotta be pretty unlucky, or just being a ***** to hit/damage anything out there.

Boring with a capital B! :D

BTW Rowan: I expect you to be doing better than just passing Phil on the 2nd run, with all the mods you have now! :huh:

its running to rich to make any good power, 1st run he jumped me so bad, i was off boost in 2nd that how slow we where doing on the highway but 2nd run i got him by a resonable amount. but my car came out with neary 30kw less than his + i dont have that many mods

whaterver faggot haha "ow sean the greatest", owner supposably of the faster colt in aus, only beat me by half a car length by 160kph, and you know this cos u where driving, or maybe u just cant handle it or suck balls at gear changes lol

Edited by ELEGNT

its running to rich to make any good power, 1st run he jumped me so bad, i was off boost in 2nd that how slow we where doing on the highway but 2nd run i got him by a resonable amount. but my car came out with neary 30kw less than his + i dont have that many mods

whaterver faggot haha "ow sean the greatest", owner supposably of the faster colt in aus, only beat me by half a car length by 160kph, and you know this cos u where driving, or maybe u just cant handle it or suck balls at gear changes lol

let me drive it then hehehe

All this talk of rolled tyres and damaged suspension, just go to QR; gotta be pretty unlucky, or just being a ***** to hit/damage anything out there.

Boring with a capital B! :D

If it's boring you're not driving hard enough :lol:

I can hardly recommend n00bs go to Lakeside with no run off and the highest average lap speed of any track in Australia.