Australia's Best Cars

s**t... we dropped, we were 3rd last year by mem, behind the Scooby-rex and Clio... but looking at where the Clio is now... we fared much better this time out!!!!!

EDIT: just checked, we were 4th, behind Rex, RX8, and XR6T... my bad

Edited by Blue_Sportivo_VVTLi

The Sportivo came in 4th last year behind the Rex & RX8 who were equal first, then the XR6 turbo.

Last year the Sportivo scored an overall 3.64 which would have put it in 3rd place for this years results. I wonder what's changed.

the only change I can see, not that I understand, as nothing has changed, is we have been downgraded on fuel consumption???? but the Mini has improved??? go figure, I don't understand how we can be rated at the same level as the Rex on Fuel as it drinks about 12L/100K's and our fuel consumption is about on par with the mini... and also the new catagory of Environment??? has a critical importance so is weighed highly and brought us down a bit...

That **** doesn't make any sense. They rate each category between 1 to 5 (which is therefore categorical and not continuous numerical data) and then rate the cars using an arithmetic mean. The most telling statistic would be the median value, on which the Sprotivo ties for 2nd with the XR6 T behind the equal 1st contenders (WRX and Cooper S)...

I put their "top" 5 cars in an Excel spreadsheet (which it won't let me attach), and my weighted scores don't average as high as theirs. Anyway, I'll email it to anyone who's interested and we can try and sort out how they calculate their score.

dunno blade hunter.. i think i can recall your name from the ausgamers forums

but unless u play cs, i probably dont know u... coz i dont have an xbox (unfortunately)

i find the scoring system a bit dodgy too... and how they left out certain cars