Which would be the best shock to chose

Gday all.

I tried searching for the correct info through this forum and i just cant find the very accurate information i want to know, In the next few weeks i am going to starts buying suspention parts for my 1zz and for springs i will prob get kingsprings lows, but i am not to sure wat the best shock will be best for this, and the kind i stuff i will be doing is like togay kind of roads which is swirvy and also the odd time i am going to get on the track, so what is your opion on the best shock for the job and how low did you make your corolla go with it making it look good and feel good without damaging anything.

Sorry if this shock talk has came up befor but all i could find is talk about springs.

Thanks Pricey.

gday,

ive never had enough dosh to do my suspension in my 1zz.. but when i eventually do, it would be whatever silverbullet put on his sportivo... check that car (and many others) in the members rides section.

jase.

gday,

ive never had enough dosh to do my suspension in my 1zz.. but when i eventually do, it would be whatever silverbullet put on his sportivo... check that car (and many others) in the members rides section.

jase.

King Springs 35mm Drop Front

King Springs Super Low Springs Rear

Koni Sport Adjustable Struts Front

Koni Sport Adjustable Struts Rear

gday,

jase.

King Springs 35mm Drop Front

King Springs Super Low Springs Rear

Koni Sport Adjustable Struts Front

Koni Sport Adjustable Struts Rear

yea if i had a sportivo id do exactly that.. but i recall sb using superlows up the rear and lows in the front to make the car level. not sure if this is the same issue with a conquest, levin or ascent.

... the kind i stuff i will be doing is like togay...

Just so no one can take you out of context, the english spelling is 'touge' :P

Best thing to do is price up how much the kings and konis (or other options) cost and compare that to Cusco Zero 1 or 2.

Edited by SuperDave

I got Bilstein PSS coilover on my car and its perfect match between comfort and performance.

And lately I've been driving EVO 8 MR equipped with Bilstein shock from factory; its brilliant.

So if you can grab Bilstein = don't back off.

How much were they for the Celica?

By the way, for some reason most people combined their Bilstein shock with Eibach spring.

Bilstein do make their own spring; but Eibach seems to be the better one.

Yup, even the newer model evo's will come standard with the Bilstein + Eibach combo.

For a Corolla, I do not see the point in spending over $1000 on suspension unless you car is a dedicated track car.

By the way, for some reason most people combined their Bilstein shock with Eibach spring.

Bilstein do make their own spring; but Eibach seems to be the better one.

Yup, even the newer model evo's will come standard with the Bilstein + Eibach combo.

For a Corolla, I do not see the point in spending over $1000 on suspension unless you car is a dedicated track car.

Or unless you're awesome like me. My coilovers (the rears are in btw! holy SHIIITT!) will bring all the girls to the yard.

Copy paste from Bilstein worldwide website; product catalogue screen.

VehicleTOYOTACOROLLA (_E12U_, _E12J_)1.8 VVTL-i TS

Product groupSuspensionCoil Spring Suspension

Parts manufacturer

Product selection

Back

Suspension Kit, coil springs / shock absorbers

BILSTEIN

BILSTEIN

005194 BILSTEIN - B16 PSS9

Threaded Suspension (height adjustable), Mechanically adjustable shock strength, Mounted Adjustable

Gas Pressure, Conditions see certificates

Fitting Position Front Axle, Lowering 25-45 mm, To axle load 1000 kg

Fitting Position Rear Axle, Lowering 25-45 mm, To axle load 970 kg

PSS9 = adjustable damper and height.

Mine is PSS so only height adjust.