Where can I get radar detectors in Perth?

Any radar detector experts in here?

I'd like to find out for a friend, where can he buy one & if there are any recommended brands?

Thanks,

TF

Edited by ToyotaFreak

Neltronics is the main distributor, but I'm not sure if they actually sell them.

I know that Audiocom in Morley sell them, and that they recently had a good sale price on them.

I like the Bel Vector series. The detectors that are installed into the car (sensors placed in bumper grille), while hidden, are known to fail regularly.

Neltronics is the main distributor, but I'm not sure if they actually sell them.

I know that Audiocom in Morley sell them, and that they recently had a good sale price on them.

I like the Bel Vector series. The detectors that are installed into the car (sensors placed in bumper grille), while hidden, are known to fail regularly.

the main distributor in perth is radars.com.au if im not wrong. i would recommend the whistler pro. i hv a bel vector myself, i wont say its very good it works alrite but apprantely the whistler pro works twice as good for a fraction of the price..

i dont believe in radar detector after using it for just under two years.. keep both eyes open or just.. DONT SPEED :P

but do check out radars.com.au

Thanks for the advice guys, will inform my friend about those two models.

TF

PS: I tried to get him to join TOCAU (Has a Camry Sportivo, but I think he's a little shy...:lol: )

Edited by ToyotaFreak

I had a Bel Vector a few years back. Sent it in for repairs through Ozcom, and they promptly lost it. Never got a replacement, never got money back, too expensive to buy another. But it had served its purpose, and saved me when I was a more aggressive driver.

Police have radar detector detector's.

However, you could foil them by buying a Radar Detector Detector Detector. They detect any radars, and also radar detector detectors, but only if the radar detector detector isn't a radar detector detector detector detector, as then it will detect your radar detector detector detector.

BUT...

You see you could THEN buy a Radar detector detector detector detector detector which........

...oh FFS nevermind.

lol badz u just made this whole radar detector topic all complicated....wat happnd to the old days when u are more aware!!! f**k radar detectors....SPEED and read signs and look out for coppers...u cant be booked if u keep ur eyes open!!!

is there an actual fine for having a radar detector

If I remember correctly, it is legal to have a radar detector in WA, don't think you can in the other states though

In nsw i believe the fines are in the 1000's and they will confiscate the detector..someone correct me if im wrong?

That's why you need a radar detector detector detector.

I think one of the new Decepticons in the next Transformers movie is a Radar Detector actually.

Police have radar detector detector's.

However, you could foil them by buying a Radar Detector Detector Detector. They detect any radars, and also radar detector detectors, but only if the radar detector detector isn't a radar detector detector detector detector, as then it will detect your radar detector detector detector.

BUT...

You see you could THEN buy a Radar detector detector detector detector detector which........

...oh FFS nevermind.

DONT SPEED

hmmmm reminds of trace busta busta busta's ..... that'll bust ya trace busta busta busta busta busta's. (Shocking attempt to quote "The Big Hit")

is there an actual fine for having a radar detector

If I remember correctly, it is legal to have a radar detector in WA, don't think you can in the other states though

Correct repeat offenders often get jail sentences too so I hear

just gotta know when to speed and when to do the limit ;) pay attention to traffic up ahead, if they slow down etc etc, in the 2 years i've had my license and the whole time i've been meaning to get a detector, i've only been pulled over once, 70 in a 50 zone, undercover xr6 turbo, white. Cops wearing casual clothing :P i think if u want to avoid all cops/radars altogether u need to pay the big $$ and get top of the range?

• 2 months later...
hello - I found this the best place to buy a radar detector in Perth. I purchased a Whistler PRO78 from here last year, found them very knowledgable and a great price too.

Perth radar detector superstore.

they charge through the roof.. get one from ebay.. from the US.. 1/3 the price... same thing....

thing is .. my radar got stolen and since then i learn to drive slower and watch traffic ahead..

hello - I found this the best place to buy a radar detector in Perth. I purchased a Whistler PRO78 from here last year, found them very knowledgable and a great price too.

Perth radar detector superstore.

Whistler PRO78

Buy now only $595

you buy from there and you're getting jipped, no offence...From eBay you can get them including shipping costs for less than $180.

The only radar detector at the moment that is undetectable is the beltronics sti. Was looking at getting one myself. Around $600-$700. However after I found out about the penalties I passed :P

Fines about $1000, 8 demerit points and confiscate the radar detector. Wish I lived in the W.A :(