red calipers

When i painted mine i did it with a brush. Wasnt to hard and looked just fine. Been like it for over a year now and has not peeled. Just make sure they are clean before painting and i also scuffed them up with some 80grade sandpaper beforehand. If you want it magnetically sprayed it would have to be powdercoated which is big $$$.

Powder coating, not cheap but will definitely last long for sure. Will need to be pulled apart I think and sandblasted first before powder coating.

Since you have nice and relatively new calipers you can try a DIY yourself if your a bit of a handyman. Wouldn't be too much of a hassle to get them clean compared to one thats done 100k kms. lol

It's not that difficult at all. It just takes about 4 hours and alot of patience. If you do take the time to do it right, you will end up with a nice smooth and hard finish that wont flake off and also makes it easier to clean. Also make sure you use VHT Brake and Drum paint.

Have a look in my garage for how well the proper cailper paint lasts. I painted mine when the car was only 2 days old and in the 3 and a half years that i owned it i only repainted them once.

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...tem&CID=419

btw the rims are called RJR Zenith from bob jane and costing price is 200 each for the 17 inch and 250 each for the tires (low prof) so all up 450 for each wheel guy said 1800 fitted also with that dont i need to change my springs to lower the car? or would it drop cause of the low prof

1800 fitted for a set of 17s seem quite steep IMO.

I know ill probably get blasted for shopping at Tempe Tyres but i got my replica HP design (machined Gold) with tyres in 18s fitted, balanced with spacer rings and locknut n stuff for $1280 for my old car.

So if you shop around other than Bob jane, im sure u can get more of a bargain. Ide go 18s for the new corollas, looks like they got bigger wheel arches.

Back to the caliper painting, I got a quote for a set of stivo calipers to be sandblasted and powder coated in a colour of my choice for $45. Thats almost as cheap as buying a couple of cans of decent spray paint and doing it myself.

When i painted mine i did it with a brush. Wasnt to hard and looked just fine. Been like it for over a year now and has not peeled. Just make sure they are clean before painting and i also scuffed them up with some 80grade sandpaper beforehand. If you want it magnetically sprayed it would have to be powdercoated which is big $$$.

what type of paint did you use?

Back to the caliper painting, I got a quote for a set of stivo calipers to be sandblasted and powder coated in a colour of my choice for $45. Thats almost as cheap as buying a couple of cans of decent spray paint and doing it myself.

Hey i think thats a pretty good price? But will the paint fade off??

Yeah the price is really good although I wonder if they will remove the calipers for you?

The powder coating will last very long and will not loose colour or fade at all.

Yeah the price is really good although I wonder if they will remove the calipers for you?

The powder coating will last very long and will not loose colour or fade at all.

Not entirely true. Powder coating will tarnish over time especially when it is subjected to heat(and a lot of it).

Powdercoated rims(white) especially offroad rims that are often covered in mud or used in beach conditions do start to go an off white/dirty colour about after a while. The colour loses it's vividness and gloss.