Aurion Servicing

e240

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah but I think i will be getting the car service privately from now on...

Since auctioned cars loose their warranty correct? If so then I dont think I will be eligible for the Toyota Advantage Program either...

yeah the savings on a ex rental would be about 5-10k, which u would then pay $200 for each 6 month service?

Bearing in mind the Toyota Service Advantage plan is valid for the first eight services (60,000km or 3 years), that comes to a total of of about $1000 savings in service should you have that plan. If you buy ex-rental and save much more than $1000 in comparison to another 2nd hand car, then you would be getting a good deal.

With respect to the warranty; a warranty for a car should always be transferrable even if you purchase your car from a auction. The only time it wouldn't apply is if something was done to void it; but that's just common sense. My car has a limited warranty (yet to find out what that means from Toyota), but considering what it had been through/the amount I purchased it for, that would be expected.

yeah the savings on a ex rental would be about 5-10k, which u would then pay $200 for each 6 month service?

wow

5-10k saving for ex-rental?

Redbook sugguests

2006 AT-X $23,200 - $25,600 (30,000-50,000km)

so how much can I pick up an ex-rental for?

13,200 - $18,200 - $15,600 - $20,600

if its $20,000 or lower my family would probably change the 2002 Camry Touring

its using just as much fuel as the our Aurion

Bearing in mind the Toyota Service Advantage plan is valid for the first eight services (60,000km or 3 years), that comes to a total of of about $1000 savings in service should you have that plan. If you buy ex-rental and save much more than $1000 in comparison to another 2nd hand car, then you would be getting a good deal.

Its not 8 services.

I used to think 6 services.

It turns out to be 4 for Aurion.

(6 for 2008 Camry.)

http://www.toyota.com.au/Accessories/acces...84_1314,00.html

Its not 8 services.

I used to think 6 services.

It turns out to be 4 for Aurion.

(6 for 2008 Camry.)

http://www.toyota.com.au/Accessories/acces...84_1314,00.html

My bad. That's pretty bad wording on Toyota's behalf on their Toyota Service Advantage website on their Terms & Conditions page:

Toyota Service Advantage pricing represents the maximum amount payable for standard scheduled services and applies for the first three years or 60,000 kilometres of driving, whichever occurs first.

According to my service book, up to and including the 60,000km service, that is 8 services. So from my understanding of reading that statement, I would believe that the first 8 services were covered providing you cover that within the first 3 years.

are the services detailed? like is there a list of things they check off and sign?

Well the service logbook firstly shows what they need to replace (usually engine oil and filter), then a list of things they need to check or perform. The Toyota Service Department then just prints out your invoice which states everything that they have done, which should show everything in accordance to the logbook. Then they just put a stamp in the logbook and sign it off. This is my first car which has required logbook service, so I'm guessing this is what normally happens. I guess I just need to trust that they really inspected everything like they said they did.

yeah I was tricked too (regarding number of $120 standard services)

but I try to look pass it

its funny the sales guys I came across didn't really talk about Toyota Advantage

our old Camry we service at the dealer

$250ea for first 3 years, then $500ea for the next 3 years

LOL

Well i think i will just get it service by a private mechanic!

i dont see a point where i have to spend crap loads of money which its harder to come by nowadays...

just got two quotes in West Aus for 30 000 km service and both were just over $400.00. As i bought the car from adelaide and had it shipped over i don't get to use the service plan, bugger!

That said, I always new that Toyota genuine meant more money and generally at one service a year whats the big deal?

just got two quotes in West Aus for 30 000 km service and both were just over $400.00. As i bought the car from adelaide and had it shipped over i don't get to use the service plan, bugger!

That said, I always new that Toyota genuine meant more money and generally at one service a year whats the big deal?

thats stupid. what if someone migrated over to a different state!

does the service requirements state that it has to be serviced at a dealership? or can it be any approved service centre?

Mine is due for her 30 000kms service in about 2 months........will be interesting to see what it is going to cost.

As far as I am aware, the Aurions interval is every 15 000km's, not every 7500km as some have suggested.

As far as I am aware, the Aurions interval is every 15 000km's, not every 7500km as some have suggested.

Really? My service logbook shows a service every 7,500km.

yeah i thought the same, when I rang the local toyota dealer and tried to make a servicing booking for the 22500km servicing, she said the Aurions were every 15000kms......i think those servicing books are a generic book for all toyotas and not just Aurion specific.

Edited by beaves

Hello all,

Checking the recommended service intervals from the toyota website -

http://www.toyota.com.au/parts-and-service...nance-intervals

I believe that every 15k/12months (whichever comes first) is the usual interval for services as long as the vehicle is under "Normal Operating Conditions".

The space in the logbook for the 7.5k/6month intervals is for those unlucky enough to be in the "Additional Maintenance Requirements" category from Toyota which are as follows-

1.Driving on rough, muddy or snow-melted roads.

2.Driving on dusty roads.

3.Towing trailers, caravans or boats, or using a car top carrier.

4.Repeated short trips (less than 8 km) in freezing conditions.

5.Extensive idling and or low speed driving for long distance such as taxis, couriers, etc.

6.Continuous high speed driving (80% or more at maximum vehicle speed) for over 2 hours.

Most of those additional requirements seem pretty far-fetched so I think most of us are safe with 15k/12month services yea.

i dont think one or twice more than required will do any damage to the car~

Dumping the old engine oil and flush it clean then with a new filter, why not?

I do my servicing every 3 months or less.

i dont think one or twice more than required will do any damage to the car~

Dumping the old engine oil and flush it clean then with a new filter, why not?

I do my servicing every 3 months or less.

That's pretty excessive man, but kudos to you if you can afford it.

I'd probably prefer if I changed the oil and filter every 7,500km; that's just me. After hearing all this, I'll just do that myself now at mid 15,000km service intervals. Thank you beaves and dharsh for the heads up on that. I only had my 30,000km service in mid June, and right now my car is on 36,000km. Had you have not said anything, I would have booked in to get a service for 37,500km. All I need now is the oil filter cap removal tool so I can swap my oil out.

Advantage Plan and Fleet servicing is every 15,000kms or 12 Months (whatever comes first) on Aurions, Camry's and Avalons...

Everything else is 10,000kms or 12 Months (whatever comes first)...

Toyota gives you the option of servicing at the intervals between being 7,500kms and 5,000kms respectively...

Be careful with warranty however, you now MUST get the services done at either 15k or 12 Months, whatever comes first... Toyota will deny warranty if you have gone over either...

Advantage Plan and Fleet servicing is every 15,000kms or 12 Months (whatever comes first) on Aurions, Camry's and Avalons...

Everything else is 10,000kms or 12 Months (whatever comes first)...

Toyota gives you the option of servicing at the intervals between being 7,500kms and 5,000kms respectively...

Be careful with warranty however, you now MUST get the services done at either 15k or 12 Months, whatever comes first... Toyota will deny warranty if you have gone over either...

The advantage plan on my aurion is 60k or 3 years.

I confirmed it when I had headlight problem and they showed me the whole screen that my aurion is on advantage plan for first 60k or 3 years.

If you are sure about 15k or 12 months on advantage plan, I think there's an option that you might choose on length of period.

So..yeah, I am prety sure it's 60k or 3 years.

Also the warranty, I asked the guy from toyota service department and he said mine is 2 years fixed no matter you get regular serviced or not.

Even the advantage plan is totally upto you to get it done or not. It doesn't affect the plan you are on.

That is what I heard from terry shield toyota in Paramatta, Sydney.