Aurion Servicing

e240

Just got myself an Aurion - Used and the dealer promised a free service prior to delivery.

Only problem is, I found out this dealer uses BP Viscous 2000 which is an oil suitable for Pre- 87 cars!

Don't dealers have a standard where they have to use the recommended engine oils?

I though Toyota had their own line of oils as well?

The service guy said they don't use synthetics because it glazes up the bores! thats the stupidest thing I've ever heard. I might have to bring my own oils for future servicing.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this a Toyota dealer? I thought Toyota dealers always used Castro?

Yeah, this is a Toyota dealer in Sydney - one of the places that sells the TRDs.

Anyway, have just spoken to the sales person, who I would have to have have been very accomodating, and he's going to look into it.

How did you find out their using BP viscous 2000?

and Yes Dealers should be using the oil recommended in the manual.

I called up the service dept and pretended to want to send my Aurion in for servicing.

and so questioned the Service Staff.

I don't know if its ignorance or simply a providing an easy answer when he said

Synthetic oils cause cylinder walls to glaze. Do mechanics take their customer's for fools just because

they think we don't work around cars often?

Now I don't know if I can trust them and might just have to change to a synthetic myself when i get the car. BTW, its not new, its a demo, so would've been well and truely run'ed in.

Is this a Toyota dealer? I thought Toyota dealers always used Castro?

Yeah, this is a Toyota dealer in Sydney - one of the places that sells the TRDs.

Anyway, have just spoken to the sales person, who I would have to have have been very accomodating, and he's going to look into it.

mind revealing which dealer this is?

I don't know much about BP oil, but make sure that they're using a 10w/30 grade, which is best suited for VVT-i. Full synthetic in that grade is even better. Dealers can use whatever oil they please - usually most dealers have a deal or agreement with a particular oil company that provides their oil, fuel and lubricants. Toyota branded oil is made by Caltex, btw. The last couple of dealers I've worked at used Mobil and Castrol.

Just BYO synth oil if you're concerned with same rating as the manual. I've always BYO oil for my Camry.

Agreed ,The dealership will allow u to supply own oil,as long as its withn specs (check the S(?) rating)The WA dealerships use a Castrol magnatec equivelent,I have heard about (some ?) of the Syns having a Glazing effect but sadly my stay with them was brief & did not witness any cases.

Sounds like it depends where you go. Our Toyota service dude's use Shell (Helix, I think) in the Aurion.

the person I spoke to might not have known.

This dealer stocks many different Toyota oils, from semis, to Full Synthetics and even TOMS oils. If you specify what you want, they will use it.

Thats the comfort given to me when I spoke to the servicing in person today.

Edited by e240

• 2 months later...
I heard magnatec isnt very good, can someone clear up on that?

i know its a different engine to the aurion, but ive used magnatec in my '05 v6 sportivo since i bought it, and ive never had any problems. ive been told by my mechanic ,whos also a good family friend, that the engine is running pretty clean. so i dont think id be making any switches in the short term

• 2 months later...

Instead of making a new thread...

I just got quoted for Aurion servicing at Hinderland Toyota!!!

300 bucks for a 30k km service.... :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

300 bucks for a 30k km service.... :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

Yeah mate. My 30k service was quoted at $309 which included a wheel alignment. I wasn't satisfied with their service overall, so I'm heading elsewhere next time.

Yeah mate. My 30k service was quoted at $309 which included a wheel alignment. I wasn't satisfied with their service overall, so I'm heading elsewhere next time.

I thought the first 3 yrs (or up to 4 services) still $120 provided you drive normally ie if 30000km still cost $120.

How come both of you end up $300?

I am confuse.

http://www.toyota.com.au/Accessories/acces...84_1314,00.html

I thought the first 3 yrs (or up to 4 services) still $120 provided you drive normally ie if 30000km still cost $120.

I am confuse.

On the website:

9. Exclusions

Government, Rental and Employee Family Vehicle Purchase (EFVP) vehicles are not eligible, and additional exclusions may apply. To understand applicability across the Toyota vehicle range, consult a Toyota Dealer.

Mine is 2nd hand from one of those categories. It was a repairable write-off as well. Don't think any of that would remain valid anymore even if it did have it.

I am confuse.

On the website:

9. Exclusions

Government, Rental and Employee Family Vehicle Purchase (EFVP) vehicles are not eligible, and additional exclusions may apply. To understand applicability across the Toyota vehicle range, consult a Toyota Dealer.

Mine is 2nd hand from one of those categories. It was a repairable write-off as well. Don't think any of that would remain valid anymore even if it did have it.

hmmm i was looking at an ex-rental coz there is so much savings! and in the adverts they mention the balance of new car warranty. how would a dealership know anyway?

hmmm i was looking at an ex-rental coz there is so much savings! and in the adverts they mention the balance of new car warranty. how would a dealership know anyway?

They can access information about the car from their database using the VIN number. Usually rental cars start their life as just that, so when they are delivered, the VIN is recorded in their system as such. The warranty would still exist, just not anything that was deemed to be excluded (such as that service plan) due to the nature of the vehicle. At the price I paid for mine, I'm not complaining.

Yeah i'm checking my VIN if im registered for that 120 bucks 3rd service, I got the car via auction, if its a no go... then i will cancel it and then ring Greg i got recommended here on the forum to get him to look after my ride...