Parking sensors

Cookie

You guys that have the front sensors - can you tell me where they put the switch? In the KXR, there's a blank switch to the left of the dashboard dimmer button.

Ive got parts on order to install fog lights, and need a spot to put in a switch. I have a bad feeling that the dealer is going to steal my spot. :)

You guys that have the front sensors - can you tell me where they put the switch? In the KXR, there's a blank switch to the left of the dashboard dimmer button.

Ive got parts on order to install fog lights, and need a spot to put in a switch. I have a bad feeling that the dealer is going to steal my spot. :)

I've put this picture somewhere else, but here it is again.

depends...........on FWD there's extra blank spot behing gear lever.............on AWD only empty spot is one you mentioned where dealer will fit you clearance sensor switch.

I would recomend buying IPF wiring harness with switch and mounting it next to steering column.

I've put this picture somewhere else, but here it is again.

KXR dont have that blank spot (if he's getting KXR)

There are manuls available to public !

They come with every fitting kit.

Once sensors are fitted instructions are stored in the glovebox (As requested by Toyota)

That how it is done where i work................

That's where they were - both front and back...

B)

Thank you all for your input which helped a lot. I have referred Toyota to this forum and this is what I received yesterday quote ....there should be in fact manual available...unquote. Now I am to contact the dealership.

Will let you know when I have the manual 'on board'

Not on the centre console; to the right of the steering wheel, there's a switch to adjust the brightness of the dash board lights. Next to that switch, is a blank.

Whats a IPF wiring harness?

Not on the centre console; to the right of the steering wheel, there's a switch to adjust the brightness of the dash board lights. Next to that switch, is a blank.

Whats a IPF wiring harness?

Try to read my previous two posts again............KXR FWD has 2 blanks (console and right of steering column)KXR AWD just one-right of steering wheel.

IPF is brand of driving/fog lights.............one of the best ones you can buy.

They sale separate wiring loom with switch.........it is top quality,no soldering-all is plug in looks great and has fancy switch.

see http://www.arb.com.au/ipf-globes-and-accessories.php