Aurion Headlamps / Bulbs

TRD_FREAK

Sup people....just bought a 2007 Aurion Sportivo SX6.

I was wanting to change the lights to get a white light.

Can anyone please advise of the options here......should i just get white bulbs with xenon gas...say running at like 5000k or 6000k

or look for HID conversion ?

cheers.

HID kits are the way to go for performance wise, but there is the legality issue thing about it. Though usually cops will ignore this because the fact your car is newish and looks euro.

What I did was changed the bulb to OSRAM Nightbreakers, offer 90% more light with 10% more whiter, been really good to the point people think your on highbeams lol, Never been happier.

What I did was changed the bulb to OSRAM Nightbreakers, offer 90% more light with 10% more whiter,

:help:

So what is the actual name of these globes, Got a mate that works for OSRAM, and gets me almost any globe in their extensive Lighting Range(free plug :whistling: )

I was actually thinking of just buying the Presara Zenon Headlights from Toyota, bargain for $330 a side, and fitting the Zenon globes of my choice.?

Any help/advice is awesome!

~Richie~

OSRAM ones are called NIGHTBREAKERS, do a search on the net, and you'll find some people talk about it, its meant to be as good as the Philips xtremes. I got them from a UK site, I think it cost me around $50. Check out http://www.powerbulbs.com/

As for obtaining the Presara headlights, 330?? thats a bargain, so im guessing it doesnt come with the HID unit itself?, though to make it legit I think you'll still need the washers?

Acoustik,

Is H11 is the one for aurion?

http://www.powerbulbs.com/product_detail.asp?prod=113

Can I just unplug and plug this one easily? without removing the bumper etc? Sorry, I haven't seen closely to change the bulb yet but I will check it again later.

AUD$76 for 2 bulbs looks ok compare to replacing the bulb from dealer with the same cost or more.

Edit: Acoustik, I read your other forum and saw your car. I thought you use HID light and why you need this OSRAM again? sorry, I am confuse.

Where do I put this osram nightbreaker? for the one on the normal light (next to halogen light), am I right?

Edited by insi

Acoustik,

Is H11 is the one for aurion?

http://www.powerbulbs.com/product_detail.asp?prod=113

Can I just unplug and plug this one easily? without removing the bumper etc? Sorry, I haven't seen closely to change the bulb yet but I will check it again later.

AUD$76 for 2 bulbs looks ok compare to replacing the bulb from dealer with the same cost or more.

Edit: Acoustik, I read your other forum and saw your car. I thought you use HID light and why you need this OSRAM again? sorry, I am confuse.

Where do I put this osram nightbreaker? for the one on the normal light (next to halogen light), am I right?

Yep the H11 is for the Aurion, yes it replaces the existing standard headlight bulb (not hi-beam or parkers), its very easy, you just twist the holder and should pop out from my recollection. and no you dont have to remove the bumper.

As for the other pictures, thats the MTEC light bulbs, not as bright, bluer and not so good in the rain. Its just the camera i used kinda exaggerates the exposure a bit.

Acoustik,

Can you help me with this one?

http://www.powerbulbs.com/product_detail.asp?prod=31

since I will buy the nightbreaker and they give me a pair of this, is this for the low light/park light (the one on the very corner light)?

If it is, what size do I need? or only one size?

Thanks again

Bulb details should be in the manual. It should state the sizes of all the bulbs in the car.

Has anyone got an electronic version of the Aurion Manual - I've done a quick search of the web with no luck

Acoustik,

since I will buy the nightbreaker and they give me a pair of this, is this for the low light/park light (the one on the very corner light)?

Thanks again

Hi insi, yes this will be the corner light, your parker lights, typically most if not all cars would use the wedge bulb (the one you are getting). There should be only one size for these, I havent experienced any different size ones.

Just to note, this will be difficult to replace as there is a metal frame covering this section, you may need to remove the headlight and fit it in I think... but not sure, I didn't do it yet coz I couldnt be bothered at the time.

I have changed my wedge bulbs and it is a slightly difficult process. You will need to do the following for each side.

1. Adjust steering wheel to give you a good working space on the side you are wanting to replace the wedge bulb.

2. Remove wheel well guard.

3. Once removed, access is tricky but possible.

4. Replace bulb

5. Reattach all wheel well guards.

I changed my "more yellowish" wedge bulbs to match the headlights (standard halogen).

Have fun! Regards.

Acoustik,

Thanks again

Hi insi, yes this will be the corner light, your parker lights, typically most if not all cars would use the wedge bulb (the one you are getting). There should be only one size for these, I havent experienced any different size ones.

Just to note, this will be difficult to replace as there is a metal frame covering this section, you may need to remove the headlight and fit it in I think... but not sure, I didn't do it yet coz I couldnt be bothered at the time.

I've got the new bulb (normal light) and it is definately whiter but not sure whether or not it is brighter but I am guessing may be only 20% brighter. I haven't test drive the car at night because mostly my wife who drive the car.

but changing the park light on the edge of the corner it is difficult for me and I don't want to risk it because it shows in the manual need to get the expert to change it so I leave it there I guess or until the warranty expired.

I haven't try to remove wheel well guard yet but is that the one that opposite the tyre that normally has all the dirts stuck on it?