How much did you pay for your Rav4 (3rd generation)

PNR888

HI all:

I am in the market for a new Rav4, most likely 4 cylinder Auto Cruiser or Cruiser L.

It would be appreciated if you guys can post up your DRIVE-Away price. Please indicat year, model, auto or manual, metallic or non-matellic, accessories if any..

Thanks for your help :clap:

I have a 2008 (January) CV Auto with Metallic Paint (Mist Green), Rear Rubber Cargo Mat, Floor Mats, Drive Away $33,500.00

Thanks Azza for your reply. Is your 07 Built, 08 complaince? and bought during march Toyotathon sales? Sounds a very good deal. Thats around $4400 off the price (after add all the on road and accessories cost).

• 2 months later...

hi there! paid $38168 for rav4 cruiser auto. it's march 08 compliance plate. i did a lot of research to get this price. i don't really know what people typically pay. local dealer wouldn't go below $41K. it really pays to shop around.

jacki.

A new one was out of the question, so I picked up a 2007 model Cruiser, auto, pearl white, with only 8000km's for $34,000 - private sale.

About $10,000 less than it would have been new 8 months ago.

It is fitted with deluxe nudge bar, side steps, bonnet protector and shuRoo and has had the 5 way tint, paint, fabric and electroic rust proofing.

Extras worth about $3000 all up. Still looks brand new.

I think second hand is the way to go as there are heaps for sale on carsales.com.au Lots of choices for model, year, colour, extras and in every state. :yahoo:

A new one was out of the question, so I picked up a 2007 model Cruiser, auto, pearl white, with only 8000km's for $34,000 - private sale.

About $10,000 less than it would have been new 8 months ago.

It is fitted with deluxe nudge bar, side steps, bonnet protector and shuRoo and has had the 5 way tint, paint, fabric and electroic rust proofing.

Extras worth about $3000 all up. Still looks brand new.

I think second hand is the way to go as there are heaps for sale on carsales.com.au Lots of choices for model, year, colour, extras and in every state. :yahoo:

sounds like a beauty. i really like the pearl white it is amazing. i've noticed to that in the dark it almost glows in the dark. i mean, not really, but perhaps you know what i mean. very good for night driving. i LOVE :wub: the deluxe nudge bar, and quite like the side steps too. i'm planning to get the deluxe nudge when i've got enough money and am looking around for a good price. cheapest i've seen is about $550, and this is for the deluxe nudge bar alone, not fitting. i think i could fit it myself but not entirely sure....

I've seen a couple of genuine deluxe nudge bars on eBay and side steps also. I believe the nudge bar has to be air bag compatible so may be good idea to get genuine.

When I can afford it I want to add a tow bar, sheepskin seatcovers and some cool decals. ;)

Edited by kiwis rose

I've seen a couple of genuine deluxe nudge bars on eBay and side steps also. I believe the nudge bar has to be air bag compatible so may be good idea to get genuine.

When I can afford it I want to add a tow bar, sheepskin seatcovers and some cool decals. ;)

i would only get a genuine toyota nudge bar... saw a genuine one, deluxe version, on ebay recently but it was $490 + postage and the dealer down the road quoted me $550. so anyway have to be patient with that one.

by the way you are so right about carsales.com.au and also drive.com.au; so many yummy cars... i think it is great because it kind of helps to release the grip of second hand dealers on the second hand car market.

i want a tow bar too! and i really like the toyota genuine one, it looks really good quality. we just have to be patient and save our pennies... someone was recently selling a genuine rav4 2006-2008 model tow bar kit, it was going pretty cheap. i couldn't bid because i live in brissy and it was in sydney and it was local pickup only

• 7 months later...

Hi, we have a 2008 Rav4 Cruiser Auto 2.4l, metallic paint (storm grey) window tint, rust proofing, sound deadening, paint protection, headlight and bonnet protector, front and back rubber mats and a towbar and we were at the dealership for 4 hours negotiating price, and we paid around the $37,000 mark driveaway and yes, it was 08 complianced.

I picked up a bargain in the Toyota January sale. MY09 (plated 09/08) - also called the "update" model.

CV6 Silver Pearl with 1900kg towbar and harness, front and rear carpet mats, all weather rubber cargo mat, headlight protectors, front mudflaps and two front weathershields. Drive away $38,343

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
HI all:

I am in the market for a new Rav4, most likely 4 cylinder Auto Cruiser or Cruiser L.

It would be appreciated if you guys can post up your DRIVE-Away price. Please indicat year, model, auto or manual, metallic or non-matellic, accessories if any..

OCT 1999 BUILD SWBASE 5 speed, 150,000KM Tinted glass, Air, dual fuel, Hayman reece 1500 kg tow bar, $5950 on the road.

HI all:

I bought my 2008 CV brand new last year in Oct for 32,000 driveaway and included floor mats, 12 months rego and tint. Had to bargain with 4 different dealerships to get that price though. Finally got it from New Town Toyota in Perth.

• 1 month later...