Toyota TRD Aurion 3500SL

SecaBoy

will look shmick once its black, powdercoating it or just painting? i would make a heatshield around the pod as well some how with some aluminium.

i think its called "crinkle" paint... or something like that... i've seen the outcome and the best i could explain it would be that it looks similar to a "cast iron pot"... very bad explaination, but thats the best i can do... LOL

you're right though, a heat shield will DEFINITELY be done... as soon as it gets fixed and installed for good, i'll be making a heat shield and also doing some piping from the front bar to the pod... :)

I love your car Ash! I think its hot as!!

Keep up updated with mods hey!!

PS - Impressive 1/4 mile too hey ;)

thanks julez... i'll try to keep it updated...

1/4 mile time was okay... just really need to get the launch down pat... i was either getting too much wheelspin or too much axle tramp.. :(

i've already purchased a few new "ricey" things...

LED's are sitting in my car... i've installed three of them, but i ****** one of them up, so i stopped working on it cause i freaked out... :lol:

HID's are on the way...

after that, i'll be looking at getting the exhaust done properly... i'm not happy with what i have...

and i'm not giving up on the varex idea yet either... :lol:

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

well, this hasnt been updated in a LONNNGGGGGG time... so here is the update:

so far, the following has been done since my last post:

*Replaced all internal bulbs to LEDs

*Installed a pair of 6000k HIDs

*Replaced the stock 19" rims with 20" Hennessy Rims from Ozzy Tyres

*Installed a custom Cat Back exhaust including a varex muffler in the place of the centre resonator and two oval mufflers at the rear

Things which will be done soon: (whenever i can be fu(ked lol)

*Remove all the restrictions from the intake system (ie, resonator, top intake pipe, etc)

*Complete the installation of my amp and sub (all i need to do is connect the wires to the amp! :lol:)

Things which i want to purchase soon:

*Replacement K&N Panel Filter

*Front Strut Brace

*Rear Sway Bar

Anyway, here are some pictures that were taken by a professional that came up from Sydney (i think! maybe Melbourne)...

img_6093_web_789.jpg

img_6097_web_160.jpg

img_6099_web_156.jpg

img_6100_web_614.jpg

img_6102_web_253.jpg

Looking good. I love how the lighting effect has given it a carbon black look.

As for the intake changes, don't you have an SRI in progress?

Omg...It's lookin so Hawtttt.. Great Photo skills

It's lookin a lot better compared to normal photos

*Suddenly a Fan*

Edited by VF-X

no idea mate... the guy is flat out with other s**t these days...

and i dont like to continually bug him...

he's on this forum, so if he sees this and feels like finishing it off, he can let me know... :lol:

so in the meantime, i'm thinking of doing what daryl has done... seems to be a good compromise...

Awesome car mate! From the previous owner of a silvia with an rb20 conversion to say that the trd has guts must mean that the car is actually something, which I always had doubts about.

Might I suggest getting a headlight shroud/surround that is black, so it will suit the black car even more?

Something like this?

http://stadium.weblogsinc.com/autoblog/hir...n_sports_02.jpg

Take care of her, shes fkn mint!

yeah mate... it sure does have guts...

granted, my old silvia only had roughly 200kw at the wheels, so it wasnt anything stupid...

only got to race the trd once when my friend drove the trd... the silvia obviously won, but off the line, the trd just ate the silvia... but then when i hit boost in the silvia, it was time to overtake... :lol:

i have some eyelids for her, but i havent gotten around to painting them yet... that should help the lights look a bit better, imo...

Edited by SecaBoy

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I have ordered my new brakes. $900 odd later and hopefully it'll brake better and stop squealing. Haha

the setup is the following:

front

RDA Slotted discs

EBC Red stuff

rear

stock trd disc

EBC Green stuff

BIG BIG BIG thanks to David for helping me out with all the part numbers and doing all the research.

• 4 weeks later...

well, after a 3wk wait for the brakes to arrive, they finally came last week...

i got them modified and fitted yesterday...

first impressions are that they stop the car 100000000% better than stock...

but they have this god awful squealing when the car comes to a stop... its soooooo damn loud and really annoying...

but after a bit of searching around, that seems to be the "norm" for these pads until they 'wear in'...

does anyone know how long the pads take till they use up the "bedding in compound"?? ive done a bit of searching and cant find a straight answer...

with the new tyres/brakes, im really really itching to hit the mtns again... havent been up there in ages... :D

it doesn't take long to bed the pads in on the road, about 5-10 minutes if you use a bedding-in procedure.

If they still squeal, you could try beveling the leading edge of the pad.

apparently the redstuff has a 'special' compound on it though that doesnt need to be bedded in like normal...

dunno, thats just what ive heard... am i wrong?

You are right in saying that. Manufacturers use that so that when a shop puts the new pads in for you, they don't need to go through the typical bedding in process.

My old Bendix General CT had some titanium stripe on it which meant that bedding them in the traditional way isn't necessary. I chose not to believe it though and bedded my pads in like they should.