NEED HELP ON LOWERING INFO ABOUT RUBBING

will try tonight when i get home 16 hour day today.

if it scraping badly now imagine when they settle at 1000km anyway will have to wait till i get home and evalute the noise and how bad it is. do the sportivos have firmer shocks?

AUR30N

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

o.k I took the car for spin very little scrub if any - I knowticed more going up hill steering toward the right like a cicane the rear left tyre scrubs slighly I think i know why too the inner guard isn't sitting properly but hard to diagnose in the dark.

also 2 less kids in the car. I supouse once we have the 2 kids and 2 adults in the car we will see the diffrence in scrubbing

anyway the guy was more than helpful said it sits good and if I have any problems to go and see him + he 4 wheel aligned it + after 1000km to take it back and get it realigned for free once theyt settle is.

now that custumer service.

AUR30N

hey man chuck some pics up would love to see it

cant understand whu yours is scraping I have had 5 adults in mine with no scrape and the same wheels ? strange mind you Im on peddeers not kings

I know on My car even tho not a aurion, but should be similar.

I had rubbing issues on the front and back,

the front is ok not to bad, just rubs on the plastic inner guard not doing any damage. Thinkin

bout just taking it off so I can get it a lil bit lower.

The rear I had to get Sydney guard rolling to come and roll the rear guards and pump em out by bout 5-7mm.

Cos of my 8.5" wide in +35 offset the guard just clears the rims/tyres now.

The only thing after that I had problems with was the little lip that the rear bar screws onto,

I ended up bending it back up and having to shave abit of the lip off.

that was just my experience, I dont think the guard would be that much different to the Camry guards

hey man chuck some pics up would love to see it

cant understand whu yours is scraping I have had 5 adults in mine with no scrape and the same wheels ? strange mind you Im on peddeers not kings

Yeah guys I will do on the weekend like i replied to rowan i wake up dawn and come home in dusk so it will have to be saturday or even sunday when i give the girl a good wash.

atm rears sitting almost flush and the front has 2 fingers 3cm and they haven't settled yet.

with peddar i think the way it sit front lower then back stops it from scrubing.

but I spoke to the mrs who drive the beast :rolleyes: and she reckon very light and minimal scrubing if any at all mostly in my estate that i live in full of cicanes and windy bendy roads.only rear and like i said in previous post i think 1 of the fiber inner guards is sitting lower then usual towards the outer panel.

I have also knowticed only brief drive that i don't feel the bumps as much on the road anymore.

You know what this means i have to take another good photo to replace my old signature lol look at the gap there you can stick your whole head in there hehehehe

AUR30N

Edited by AUR30N

Kings have actually made the car ride smoother took it for good drive today.

bloody rain cannot take good picture of the car washed up and lowered so i can update my signature :angry:

if it rains 2morrow then i will have to wait till next weekend bummer car sitting nicely now and getting even more heads turning.

I feel happier now too cause people are also liking the gold wheels. on the white.

getting my Club 20 logo made up to stick on fron windscreen too tommrow.

AUR30N

Edited by AUR30N

Finally got some good weather for me to wash my car it was filth but I only get weekends in winter to do anything.

i washed the car i think i need to give it clay and wax again.

but here is my car lowered.

dsc01805t.jpg

dsc01791i.jpg

AUR30N

Finally got some good weather for me to wash my car it was filth but I only get weekends in winter to do anything.

AUR30N

Ari, your car looks HOT... NICE WORK

dude kings ftw look how mint that sits....very nice mate very nice!! VIP style all the way now

btw man your first pic looks like youve got angel eyes man.............?

Edited by ELEGNT

thanks guys - I finally gave my car full detail and it look mint again :P clayed it after 2 weeks of rain, then i waxed it then i used top reflection mothers and man does it look like a mirror I took it for drive and had people comment how nice and shiney my car looked. :lol: its that smooth and reflective that iam impressed that i haven't seen in 3 weeks :P

Ingres - thanks pal

VFX - thanks for your coments but I wouldn't go any lower for the fact that any lower you will be scrubbing non stop and i can live with 2.5cm gap for the front.

Elegnt - no angel eyes :D thanks for your comments i have seen my mates on peddars and I think i did the right choice seeing my car all level. having the back higher makes the car all tailly. I like my lowering all level :D thumbs up for kings. also far from VIP yet my kits expected this week. been few delays but to be expected

things to do

1.fog lights

2.body kit

3 hid lights

4. led bulb replacement

5. 18inch stroker sub woofer :D dooof doof only for comps - I want to prove i still have it in the DB drags lol

6. finish of my 1973 cortina - which i could of if i didn't invest in the Aurion lol

7. look after 3rd bubs due in Octoer

AUR30N

Edited by AUR30N

dsc01805t.jpg

dsc01791i.jpg

AUR30N

mate i reckon it would look perfect if you shaved off at least another 10mm from the front, but other than that it looks sensational! =)

may i ask what is the height of the kings springs that you've got fitted atm? (are they the yellows or reds?)

dsc01805t.jpg

dsc01791i.jpg

AUR30N

mate i reckon it would look perfect if you shaved off at least another 10mm from the front, but other than that it looks sensational! =)

may i ask what is the height of the kings springs that you've got fitted atm? (are they the yellows or reds?)

Dub - I wouldn't go any lower i have 2.5cm gap in my front with 245/30/20 anymore and i would be scrubbing i reckon to often for my liking. my back is flush. + when i put my body kit not sure how much lower the front lip will sit.

also when you go to low you loose the suspension travel and have to get camber kits to correct the ride.

there yellows didn't think you could get any other colour ?

AUR30N

Edited by AUR30N

funny thing u said about pedders, look at for sell section where i posted my pics, better "level" i recon than kings..

reason i didnt go for kings is bcoz their rear is always lower than the front, which is just weird as...

but nice colour of rim for a white car.

thanks guys - I finally gave my car full detail and it look mint again :P clayed it after 2 weeks of rain, then i waxed it then i used top reflection mothers and man does it look like a mirror I took it for drive and had people comment how nice and shiney my car looked. :lol: its that smooth and reflective that iam impressed that i haven't seen in 3 weeks :P

Ingres - thanks pal

VFX - thanks for your coments but I wouldn't go any lower for the fact that any lower you will be scrubbing non stop and i can live with 2.5cm gap for the front.

Elegnt - no angel eyes :D thanks for your comments i have seen my mates on peddars and I think i did the right choice seeing my car all level. having the back higher makes the car all tailly. I like my lowering all level :D thumbs up for kings. also far from VIP yet my kits expected this week. been few delays but to be expected

things to do

1.fog lights

2.body kit

3 hid lights

4. led bulb replacement

5. 18inch stroker sub woofer :D dooof doof only for comps - I want to prove i still have it in the DB drags lol

6. finish of my 1973 cortina - which i could of if i didn't invest in the Aurion lol

7. look after 3rd bubs due in Octoer

AUR30N

Seeing all these pictures of these lowered Aurions has got me thinking about lowering mine <_< .

i have never had any intention on lowering it but...........Mmmmmm.

My wife says no because i will get cranky :angry: when she scrapes it (i suppose I will).

i want to lowering just enough so it looks even and lower just a touch, is there a minimun you can lower it by?

I also dont want it too rigid after all im not a young bloke enjoying my car im actually an older bloke enjoying seeing my car along the road driven by my wife with the kids in it.

Any help :huh:

Seeing all these pictures of these lowered Aurions has got me thinking about lowering mine <_< .

i have never had any intention on lowering it but...........Mmmmmm.

My wife says no because i will get cranky :angry: when she scrapes it (i suppose I will).

i want to lowering just enough so it looks even and lower just a touch, is there a minimun you can lower it by?

I also dont want it too rigid after all im not a young bloke enjoying my car im actually an older bloke enjoying seeing my car along the road driven by my wife with the kids in it.

Any help :huh:

mate if u want a minimum drop, go and get pedders rears and kings fronts. as pedders are higher at the back and kings are higher at the front. if u dont want scrubbing dont get kings all round but if u want it level dont get pedders all round. it will be a good setup as they are nearly the same prin rate i beleve