Taragasaurus

taragasaurus

Welcome to the club :) and fantastic write-up. I didn't realise the 595Evo's were out yet, they sound like great value as the last set of SS595's I got for $160 a corner.

nice ride there! mind if i ask where EXACTLY u stuck ur crossover? isit whats shown in the pic? I had a little trouble fitting mine in :P its bigger then i thot and i couldnt find a flat surface.. those dust/rain cover thing rly pisses me off LOL

TAYLESS I didn't realise the 595Evo's were out yet

the 595evos have been out for a while overseas, but japan, then USA got priority and we still haven't seen there in oz yet.

KENNETH mind if i ask where EXACTLY u stuck ur crossover

it fits pretty much exactly as you see it in the pic, i then taped a peice of cloth with elec tape to the back of the crossover (so that it didn't rattle agains the metal) and didnt screw it down so that when i put the door trimming back on i could shuffle it around until it was snug. i just let it hang there on the wires and put the door trimming back on. very tight fit but didnt stick out and got all the trim plugs back in.

Edited by lips

TAYLESS I didn't realise the 595Evo's were out yet

the 595evos have been out for a while overseas, but japan, then USA got priority and we still haven't seen there in oz yet.

KENNETH mind if i ask where EXACTLY u stuck ur crossover

it fits pretty much exactly as you see it in the pic, i then taped a peice of cloth with elec tape to the back of the crossover (so that it didn't rattle agains the metal) and didnt screw it down so that when i put the door trimming back on i could shuffle it around until it was snug. i just let it hang there on the wires and put the door trimming back on. very tight fit but didnt stick out and got all the trim plugs back in.

oh thats cool, i could give it a shot later :) thanks man! let u know how i go if i do put those other splits on..

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Hi all.....just thought id drop a quick update. Bought a Whiteline front strut brace and whiteline Rear sway bar yesterday and picking it up 2moro (auto one newtown/marrickville, they just moved there) paid $195 for the strut and $225 for the sway bar. should be able to fit them pretty quickly.

TRD CAI was bought with the most recent GB and just waiting (im)patiently for it to arrive.

have decided that seeing as most of my driving is on the road (well all of it really, CBD, inner west etc) I am looking to get a spring and shock combo for the car, spoke to pedders today at mascot and they said that they do a kit specifically for the sportivo that drops it 30mm and fits it with pedders gas shocks. they quoted me $1384.00 including fitment and alignment. has anyone got this 'kit' and is it a good price?.....

the other combos i was looking at were KONI shock and pedders springs and pedders quoted me about $1800 fitted. i searched around and found that some people have reccomended Bilstein shocks with eibach springs, but is it something that i really need? i want a good balance of comfort, slightly lowered, better handling (remembering the car has good tyres now, 17" wheels, front strut brace and rear sway bar)

(i only want a 30mm drop, not 35mm because NRMA will insure me up to 30mm drop )

last mod after springs and shocks might be some headers. i was doing some searching and found this site.

http://www.bestmufflers.com/Information/Ge...itting_w253.htm

has anyone had any experience with this sort of upgrade and how much $$$ (full custom headers, not just ported coated stock ones) on the 2zz? i heard from buddyclub that not many ppl buy the TRD headers cos they end up costing about $1500 once they've landed on our shores.

If you compare the CES headers and TRD Headers, they are both 4-2-1. TRD headers requires you to get the high compression kit in order to max your gain from it.

I work at the engineering auto industry.. The engineers (at my work place) told me that the design of the OEM headers are using quite ok, but due to cheap manufacture cost they are not polished (machine made) and have many rough edges on it. That y all the expensive cars most engines are hand built - like ferrari, M3 engines, Corvette ZR6 engines - same concept.

Port and polish on stock headers allows you to get the cheapest gain bang for ur buck. The CES headers are ported quite well. Dont forget its only a pienece of steel, so any aussie exhaust ppl that have a good set of hands can port the headers well.

Is it worth spending 3 x on TRD, well I dont think so.

One other thing... I can guarantee you that the stock header design is better than most aftermarket tuners.

Becos oEM manufacturers they spend millions on tooling/design for tuning. Only reason y they stock headers have less power is due to cheap manufacture cost to maintain cheap cost per car.

the other combos i was looking at were KONI shock and pedders springs and pedders quoted me about $1800 fitted. i searched around and found that some people have reccomended Bilstein shocks with eibach springs, but is it something that i really need? i want a good balance of comfort, slightly lowered, better handling (remembering the car has good tyres now, 17" wheels, front strut brace and rear sway bar)

(i only want a 30mm drop, not 35mm because NRMA will insure me up to 30mm drop )

Seeing that you've gone whiteline for everything else, why not look at whiteline control springs and koni yellow shocks. That 30mm drop that you want, will soon turn out to 40mm given a year or so, as all springs will sag over time. It might be better to change insurers, GIO don't worry about ride heights, as long as it's rta legal.

Hi all.....just thought id drop a quick update. Bought a Whiteline front strut brace and whiteline Rear sway bar yesterday and picking it up 2moro (auto one newtown/marrickville, they just moved there) paid $195 for the strut and $225 for the sway bar. should be able to fit them pretty quickly.

Hi Lips, sorry to put a dampner on your purchase but ya got ripped a bit :(.

Bursons = Whiteline Rear Sway BTR77 and Whiteline Front Strut Brace KSB603 = $260 for both!!!!!

i just ordered two sets one for me and one for blind kid seeks, $520 for the two sets

just thought id let you know as you may not have picked up yet and could haggle price ?

cheers mate....let me know how it feels with them in......about 1-2 weeks till ours fitted

• 2 months later...

looks great~

red and black~ nice!! and the red pipe :D

o yeh~ westside installed my s12 twinloop..

does ur muffler come out straight?

coz mine doesnt.. they said it cant be done.. BS i reckon

Edited by XploShun

Lips, your rides progress is coming along quite nice!!

a few months ago it was just the TRD CAI.. now an impressive list of chassis modifications.. great work! :clap: :clap:

i wonder what else you have planned for this BEAST.. will have to wait and see ay

btw when are you gonna take me for a spin again, to adjust the ECU after reset :D

hope to see ya at the next meet.. all the best @ Wakefield