need help trd supercharger

hi i got a 07 corolla 1.8L (1ZZ-FE) im going to buy a TRD supercharger for my car and they only got it for the 03-04 corolla the TRD supercharger fits 1ZZ-FE. but the 03 to 07 corolla all look the same inside and out. so i like to know if i should buy the 04 supercharger for the 07 corolla. would it work?

Do some reading on newcelica.org about what the guys with DBW 1ZZ's there have done to fit the TRD charger to their cars.

there's a bunch of extra parts you will need in addition to the TRD kit...

Sure the charger will bolt to the head, but your DBW throttle wont bolt to the charger which is designed to take the standard cable throttle. You will need an adapter to bolt the DBW throttle body to the TRD charger.

The TRD Piggyback ECU also wont work with the DBW corolla ECU, so you will have to go with another aftermarket piggyback or full standalone ecu that can handle DBW. Harry in Brisbane is using an emanage on his with a greddy adapter, I haven't looked to see if the emanage ultimate supports DBW without any additional adapters.

i would be very inclined to buy the S/C kit for my levin when i can afford it or off my P's... Until then i shall dream :whistling::whistling:

Edited by lylee

don't waste your time and money just go buy a car thats designed for S/C or turbo its solely up to you but i suggest save your money and buy another faster car problems will always occur i've seen friends put ten of thousands into cars that aren't designed for that and they regret it cause you always have to spend money

don't waste your time and money just go buy a car thats designed for S/C or turbo its solely up to you but i suggest save your money and buy another faster car problems will always occur i've seen friends put ten of thousands into cars that aren't designed for that and they regret it cause you always have to spend money

i thought that was the point of modifying cars, you know spending money you dont need to spend to make your car go faster when it really doesnt need to go faster. :unsure:

anyway, good luck with the s/c, let us know how it turns out:)

That's the whole point of modifying and being original. What the hell is point of it all if everyone is driving skylines and evos and rexs with the similar if not same mods/parts installed in them. That just defeats the whole purpose of R&D for different cars.

Need to look at the bigger picture mate.

I think what he's trying to say is, if you don't have the budget for it and just want your car to have a turbo or s/c just so it has one, don't bother.

You get in it for the long haul or find something else.

Edited by TRDYUS

I think what he's trying to say is, if you don't have the budget for it and just want your car to have a turbo or s/c just so it has one, don't bother.

You get in it for the long haul or find something else.

hey guys sorry if i gave the wrong idea, i love modded cars makes it stand out from the crowd and do it the way you want thou as he quoted thats what i meant for a project like that doesnt just end with the kit more and more stuff come into the picture anyways good luck with your project and hope it turns out well

Where are you sourcing the kit from??

thats exactly whats running thorough my head, i hope i dont get flammed for this but for a 03 rolla.. since its uses cable throttle so it should pretty much bolt on and will only need a new ecu?

Edited by Kenneth

thats exactly whats running thorough my head, i hope i dont get flammed for this but for a 03 rolla.. since its uses cable throttle so it should pretty much bolt on and will only need a new ecu?

The reason it's running through my head is because they stopped producing them and you would probably have to get it second hand from the US if you couldn't find one here. I think the TRD and the Blitz S/C kits come with their own piggyback ECU so if you have a a throttle cable type 1ZZ it could be called a pretty cost efective procedure... But it depends what extras you want. Headers, 2.5" exhaust, custom intake, bigger injectors, stronger clutch, LSD, ugraded suspension & brakes etc. It would help if you had some of that stuff already :toast:

The reason it's running through my head is because they stopped producing them and you would probably have to get it second hand from the US if you couldn't find one here. I think the TRD and the Blitz S/C kits come with their own piggyback ECU so if you have a a throttle cable type 1ZZ it could be called a pretty cost efective procedure... But it depends what extras you want. Headers, 2.5" exhaust, custom intake, bigger injectors, stronger clutch, LSD, ugraded suspension & brakes etc. It would help if you had some of that stuff already :toast:

:D i think im like DUGONG.. AUTO COROLLA! (sorry if i got it wrong :P but im quite sure)

i suppose if u run on minimum or moderate boost u will not have to change too much.. bolt that on..piggyback ecu... few bits.. exhaust, intake and prob suspension :P

waw this is looking quite.. interesting..

while on the subject of sourcing the kit.. im off to europe soon and might get a stop off in hong kong anyone know if i could get a kit in anyone of these countries..

But it depends what extras you want. Headers, 2.5" exhaust, custom intake, bigger injectors, stronger clutch, LSD, ugraded suspension & brakes etc. It would help if you had some of that stuff already :toast:

Lol - yes it would help...

... it may also make the S/C idea a little redundant...

:D i think im like DUGONG.. AUTO COROLLA! (sorry if i got it wrong :P but im quite sure)

i suppose if u run on minimum or moderate boost u will not have to change too much.. bolt that on..piggyback ecu... few bits.. exhaust, intake and prob suspension :P

dont know alot about the trd charger but you cant really choose your boost.. its 7.5psi with stock pulley unless you upgrade to smaller one?? (pretty sure)

with the blitz charger like mine (1zz).. you can run low, med or high boost because it has a clutch type pulley and a swith inside the car.. the ecu that comes with it is for cable throttle and auto only if you have any different you will have to look at piggybacks or standalone :D

i dont need the blitz ecu, not sure if anyone would be able to use it for their n/a auto??

dont know alot about the trd charger but you cant really choose your boost.. its 7.5psi with stock pulley unless you upgrade to smaller one?? (pretty sure)

with the blitz charger like mine (1zz).. you can run low, med or high boost because it has a clutch type pulley and a swith inside the car.. the ecu that comes with it is for cable throttle and auto only if you have any different you will have to look at piggybacks or standalone :D

i dont need the blitz ecu, not sure if anyone would be able to use it for their n/a auto??

i would try, but finances are abit low this year

But it depends what extras you want. Headers, 2.5" exhaust, custom intake, bigger injectors, stronger clutch, LSD, ugraded suspension & brakes etc. It would help if you had some of that stuff already :toast:

um :blink::blink: ..... they are all supporting modification .... how do they make the S/C redundant ?

As has been stated there is a wealth of knowledge regarding DBW on newcelica.org ...... but as stated be prepared to have a cash fund on the side to fund this little project

um :blink::blink: ..... they are all supporting modification .... how do they make the S/C redundant ?

As has been stated there is a wealth of knowledge regarding DBW on newcelica.org ...... but as stated be prepared to have a cash fund on the side to fund this little project

Haha yeah I was thinking the same... I'd like to see a N/A 2ZZ pull 120kW ATW let alone a 1ZZ :blink:

Haha yeah I was thinking the same... I'd like to see a N/A 2ZZ pull 120kW ATW let alone a 1ZZ :blink:

Haha - of course boys!! :P Far be it from me to suggest that a modified car can't be given that treatment...

I was going with SWTIVO in that if you are after 'go fast bits' - then leave the TC and SC alone. No point chucking one in there for the sake of speed, when there are all those other NA options to travel down first...

Apart from Pippy and Xoom B) , how many people that have poured all that money into exhaust systems and suspension etc etc, and even so far as weight reduction, will want to spend sooo much more working through a TC or SC setup?

:)

(That was the long winded way of saying: Redundant - as in less attractive to the wallet)

Edited by Leroy

aheeeeem :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

Haha - of course boys!! :P Far be it from me to suggest that a modified car can't be given that treatment...

I was going with SWTIVO in that if you are after 'go fast bits' - then leave the TC and SC alone. No point chucking one in there for the sake of speed, when there are all those other NA options to travel down first...

Apart from Pippy and Xoom B) , how many people that have poured all that money into exhaust systems and suspension etc etc, and even so far as weight reduction, will want to spend sooo much more working through a TC or SC setup?

(That was the long winded way of saying: Redundant - as in less attractive to the wallet)

lol ..... fair enough ..... yeah it can take its toll on the wallet ..... but hey ..... all in the name of fun and the look on the other dudes face @ Eastern Creek when a corolla ripped him to the finish line ;)

2.3in pulley on the TRD charger... that will definitly give the stivo a run for its money...

oh really ...... wanna run @ WSID to test ur theory :spiteful: :spiteful: :spiteful: :P :P :P

aheeeeem :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

lol ..... fair enough ..... yeah it can take its toll on the wallet ..... but hey ..... all in the name of fun and the look on the other dudes face @ Eastern Creek when a corolla ripped him to the finish line ;)

2.3in pulley on the TRD charger... that will definitly give the stivo a run for its money...

oh really ...... wanna run @ WSID to test ur theory :spiteful: :spiteful: :spiteful: :P :P :P

bill..ur stivo isnt a normal stivo :P so ure out! :P

go pick on someone ur own size bill! lets say..an sti or an evo :spiteful: