Showing her off... Finally compiled the page...

Hello boys and girls!

I have finally put in some effort in putting together a post on my car... :P

I've had the TRD Superchager for about 9500kms now and has been going strong and hasn't skipped a beat. With the help of rollamods, the car has been a total ar$e kicking daily driver!! :)

Some might think... yeah... its only a Corolla, but have a look for yourself the amount of effort and detail put into this car, you would agree if i said... its NOT just a corolla... :)

How many Corolla (1zz or 2zz) that has a JDM C60 LSD gearbox? Supercharged with Water injection? and all other goodies... :P

Jelous?? well... i'm hope you are... (maybe not you bill) i've broken my piggy bank and nearly my back in putting her together!! too much R&D and trial&error.

Here it is!!

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...showtopic=15425

Cheers.

supercharged with water injection??....what are you trying to do??....make a Cappuccino??

i know the reasons for using water injection.....your making too much boost and REALLY heating up the charge air.i(i bet without it the engine rattles its head off like a bunch of rocks in a cement mixer) why not try underdriving the supercharger instead of overdriving it??.. your pistons/conrods/engine bearings will like you for not trying to hammer them into the road via the sump.

superchargers have been around since early last century. most now live in top fuel dragsters...some in older 2 stroke detroit diesel engines (otherwise known as a screamin jimmy) while others are still used in modern performance engines.

hold on.....i bet a factory aurion v6 doesn't use water injection on their "factory supercharger"

just a few thoughts and ideas....iif you don't like them...well thats just too bad...we are all entitled to our opinions and some of us actually vent them constructively

cheers

supercharged with water injection??....what are you trying to do??....make a Cappuccino??

i know the reasons for using water injection.....your making too much boost and REALLY heating up the charge air.i(i bet without it the engine rattles its head off like a bunch of rocks in a cement mixer) why not try underdriving the supercharger instead of overdriving it??.. your pistons/conrods/engine bearings will like you for not trying to hammer them into the road via the sump.

superchargers have been around since early last century. most now live in top fuel dragsters...some in older 2 stroke detroit diesel engines (otherwise known as a screamin jimmy) while others are still used in modern performance engines.

hold on.....i bet a factory aurion v6 doesn't use water injection on their "factory supercharger"

just a few thoughts and ideas....iif you don't like them...well thats just too bad...we are all entitled to our opinions and some of us actually vent them constructively

cheers

One does not simply 'townace' into Pippy's thread.

With the TRD supercharger there is no provision for adding an intercooler(unless you through alot of $$$ into it) and if your chasing for more boost then WI is the only way I suppose to keep the temps down.

cheers

Looks like you dont have any experience with the eaton M45 setup on the 1ZZ... Its running the stock TRD pulley, not overdriven at all, stock boost and the Water/Meth injection makes a MASSIVE difference to midrange power.

The charger used on the Aurion isn't an M series, they made a grand total of 1kw more power using a non intercooled M series charger in the development stage before switching to the TVS charger.

do u have the Before and after dyno sheet for the water injection?

my set up atm is the 5th injector spraying fuel in there... trying to attempt to reduce charge temp.

Edited by DuGong

...we are all entitled to our opinions and some of us actually vent them constructively

And isn't it a shame that you do not

Edited by Tayles

cheers

One does not simply 'townace' into Pippy's thread.

haha! man you're a crack up!! thanks for the support!! :P love ya comments...

as for mr townace, i really don't know what to respond... everyone has their views i guess... :P but seriously, first hand experience and a year of research into this particular setup you'd find that i just might know a bit more about it than most.

and yes, i do bet that a factory aurion v6 doesn't use water injection, but i'm sure the supercharged V6 would benefit from it from a tuning perspective, however water injection would not be implemented in a production car for obvious reason. Not every one is willing to do a 50/50 mix and remember to top up every couple of weeks.

thanks for you thoughts and ideas, its not that i don't like them, but rather i struggle to find any justification or relevance into what you have stated. :)

peace.

Water methanol injection is the only way to get a really nice big fat increase in power from a s/c without a big heat gain as well. My old man has been mucking around with water/methanol injection set ups since the 60's on forced induction and aspirated cars.

So will it turn up at the Dyno day/show and shine at CES later in the year???? Doooooooooooooo iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttttttttt

Nice setup mate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish i could do that with my Levin <_<

If you dont mind me asking what was the total costs involved for the engine enhance??

Understand entirely if you dont want to say just an approximation would be alright.

Thanks

I'm sure I can put a cost on it if I take a week to think about it and add up what it SHOULD have cost :P

In reality he got out cheaply ;)

I'm sure I can put a cost on it if I take a week to think about it and add up what it SHOULD have cost :P

I can't imagine how much Thomas Bantalgar's services would have been priced at. Is there anything that guy 'can't' do?

I can't imagine how much Thomas Bantalgar's services would have been priced at. Is there anything that guy 'can't' do?

haha!

yes i definitely agree i got out of it cheaply... :P all the efforts put in i can't even being to imagine a 'workshop' price... (and choose not to) not to mention the 'quality' you'd get from 'workshops'...

as for is there anything that Wilson (Thomas Bantalgar) can't do... well... if it can't be done with the combination of a lathe, mill, tig welder and 2 IT nerds clicking away on AutoCAD and Solidworks, then he can't do it... :P

Edited by 1ZZ-FZE