Shredding of cars

There's also a link to a video.

http://www.dailybulletin.com/ci_9251385?source=most_viewed

"Officers from the Dragnet Task Force on Tuesday attended the shredding of seven cars used for illegal street racing and containing stolen parts.

The registered owners of the impounded vehicles were invited to watch the court-ordered destruction at Pacific Coast Recycling in Rancho Cucamonga as well.

The cars contained stolen engines, stolen transmissions or both. The Dragnet Task Force trains police to identify the illegal parts and prepare cases.

The Ontario Police Department coordinates the task force, which includes the California Highway Patrol, the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department, and the police departments of Chino, Upland, Montclair, L.A./Ontario International Airport and Fontana."

Again... I have no problem with this for serial offenders.

BUT... I would rather see the cars stripped back down to stock, and sold back off. That way the car is not wasted, and the gov't gets revenue.

Surely the gov't could employ a couple of mechanics to do solely this...

Again... I have no problem with this for serial offenders.

BUT... I would rather see the cars stripped back down to stock, and sold back off. That way the car is not wasted, and the gov't gets revenue.

Surely the gov't could employ a couple of mechanics to do solely this...

I'm going to assume the modifications would then be destroyed as the Government would then be selling stolen goods :P

But who is to say the cars themselves weren't stolen? (Note: I didn't bother reading the article).

I'm going to assume the modifications would then be destroyed as the Government would then be selling stolen goods :P

But who is to say the cars themselves weren't stolen? (Note: I didn't bother reading the article).

Generally speaking, if noone comes forth to claim stolen goods once the cases are resolved, they do get auctioned off...

I posted this because it made me think about some poor dude or posted about his Stolen DC2 Type R not long ago - his car was found stripped of the recaros and wheels.

is it just me or did anyone get inundated with pop ups after watching the video? i had to pull the battery out of my laptop cause it wouldnt respond due to all the windows popping up

is it just me or did anyone get inundated with pop ups after watching the video? i had to pull the battery out of my laptop cause it wouldnt respond due to all the windows popping up

Hmm I didn't get any popups... you might've caught a virus/adware.

u knw what though ...... there is 1 piece of important evidence that is being over looked that the officer states ..... "THE CARS WERE NOT RACING BUT WERE AT THE SCENE AND WERE FOUND TO HAVE STOLEN PARTS" i.e. the cars are NOT being crushed for street racing but are BEING CRUSHED FOR HAVING STOLEN PARTS ..... key word STOLEN

also can someone verify this for me ..... after reading a few articles and watching a few of these crime vids it seems to me that the rego system in the US is far more advanced than in aus .... i.e. they seem to record a lot more info on the car and major parts on the car like gearbox, panels etc not just chassis and engine number like here in aus ..... is this actually the case ?