Suspension set quote

levinboy

Hey guys,

I need some advice....i got a quote on suspension parts for my 04 corolla, the guy recommended Koni sport shocks with King Springs performance coils, he quoted $1750 drive-in drive-out, supplied fitted and wheel aligned.

I would like to know if this a good deal and if this package is a good one??

any other suggestions on what i should go for, steer away from etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Levinboy

Hey guys,

I need some advice....i got a quote on suspension parts for my 04 corolla, the guy recommended Koni sport shocks with King Springs performance coils, he quoted $1750 drive-in drive-out, supplied fitted and wheel aligned.

I would like to know if this a good deal and if this package is a good one??

any other suggestions on what i should go for, steer away from etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Levinboy

That's not bad at all, seems like the going rate.

Not too bad a price. I sell koni's for $1030 and Kings for $225. Add $50 for alignment(RRP) and I usually charge about $230 to fit it all. total for me to do it is $1535 so what you are getting charged isn't too bad at all as you are prolly paying more to buy the stuff straight up.

levinboy, for around or abit more of the price, you'll be able to get some coilovers. can adjust the height/damper.

do a 'search' for them, many threads have been covered about them already.

just a thought/suggestion.

levinboy, for around or abit more of the price, you'll be able to get some coilovers. can adjust the height/damper.

do a 'search' for them, many threads have been covered about them already.

just a thought/suggestion.

Im just not sure if coilovers will be good for everyday driving i hav been looking around the forum and there are so many different opinions i get confused!!! :rolleyes:

My budget for suspension is $2000 if that helps, if i was to get coilovers i would go for Cusco Zero 2

Give Wholesale Suspension in Penrith a call. Apparently they fit Konis to zze12x on a regular basis, and price is better than what you were originally quoted.

If you would like a street application only, I'd suggest Tein Super Wagon coilovers as they're quite comfortable and come at a price that wouldn't make your wallet jump ship. Generally between the 1400-1600 mark.

Give Wholesale Suspension in Penrith a call. Apparently they fit Konis to zze12x on a regular basis, and price is better than what you were originally quoted.

That quote was from wholesale suspension. Maybe there prices have gone up

If you would like a street application only, I'd suggest Tein Super Wagon coilovers as they're quite comfortable and come at a price that wouldn't make your wallet jump ship. Generally between the 1400-1600 mark.

Are the Tein coilovers good quality??

i dont want to have to replace them after 2-3yrs, are they Jap made or american??

Are the Tein coilovers good quality??

i dont want to have to replace them after 2-3yrs, are they Jap made or american??

Tein are made in Japan. Can't comment on quality, but I haven't heard anything bad about them.

Here is an option for sourcing them, they aren't listed but I'm sure he could get them. http://www.amecautocare.com.au/tein.htm. I used to race with him until he got tired of winning the v8 class.

Not too bad a price. I sell koni's for $1030 and Kings for $225. Add $50 for alignment(RRP) and I usually charge about $230 to fit it all. total for me to do it is $1535 so what you are getting charged isn't too bad at all as you are prolly paying more to buy the stuff straight up.

silva..r those adjustable koni's?

Definitely recommend Tein Super Wagon

Even on the hardest damper setting you could drive it everyday

I think you may have swayed me in the Teins direction Tayles!!!

Im wondering if you know of anyone on here that has the super wagons so i can ask there opinion or are you running them??

No worries mate. I'll be able to give you a full review once it's donw to my desired ride height.

I got quoted over $2100 from Wholesale Suspension for TEIN SuperWagons (without install) so check out your other options. NextMod quoted me around $1700.

No worries mate. I'll be able to give you a full review once it's donw to my desired ride height.

I got quoted over $2100 from Wholesale Suspension for TEIN SuperWagons (without install) so check out your other options. NextMod quoted me around $1700.

Looking forward to hearing how they are, but i may just wait a bit and splurge and get Cusco Zero 2s!!! :D

Yes they are. Bought mine off him...they are very yellow and very adjustable :)

Yes they are. Do you really need any other sort of adjustment on your suspension unless you are at the track all the time??? How many people on here with coilovers actually adjust their set up once they have it installed??? Personally i think a lot of people buy them just to say " I got coilovers" and never use the abilities that coilovers offer. Once they are installed and set then 90% of the time that is the setting that they remain in.

I can appreciate the features that coilovers possess but most people never ever use them. you can fine tune your set up when you install them which you can also do to a degree with adjustable koni's/springs but from what i see on this forum is people impulse buying just so they can have a set of coilovers. most have the wrong spring rates, dampers incorrectly set then it rides too harsh too soft and then peeps get on here saying my car does this or this and want others to fix it for them.

If you do not plan on going to the track and utilising coilovers to the best of their ability then just go with good adjustable struts and springs. You can achieve the same results with them as coilovers as far as set up goes cause you can adjust the dampers to suit ride quality. there is less to go wrong as you don't have to worry about pillow mounts flogging out, spring retainers moving or coming loose and changing ride height. Hell my sportivo set up on Kings and Koni's with some Whitline gear handled every bit as good as any car running on coilovers.

I am a fan of using the right equipment for the right job. coilovers are not meant for street use and are more motorsport oriented hence the tuning ability so it you aren't using your car for motorsport all the time then why get them unless you want the "brag" factor of telling everyone that you have coilovers.

don't mean to offend anyone but hate seeing people spend money on totally unnecessary items.

^ That sounds like MOTM material.

Sounds like opinion to me.

I got everything I wanted for consierably less than the quote for Koni's and Kings in this thread. Installed them myself, gained valuable experience being only a young fella, and I've played with the height and damping twice already. Can't help myself :toast: