Melbourne Events Organising Thread

we dropped by the carwash around 10:30pm last night. no sign of anyone...so just went and got food

Should've given me a call. I was about 10 mins late :(

Anyway guys, we need more input if we want this to happen. Tell us your preferred time and date.

From what i've gathered, the general consensus is on the 29th June @ Garage cafe. If you don't like that idea then give us another suggestion, otherwise tell us a time that suits you best for that day so we can accommodate as many people as possible.

Edited by kolourhero

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we dropped by the carwash around 10:30pm last night. no sign of anyone...so just went and got food

Anyway guys, we need more input if we want this to happen. Tell us your preferred time and date.

From what i've gathered, the general consensus is on the 29th June @ Garage cafe. If you don't like that idea then give us another suggestion, otherwise tell us a time that suits you best for that day so we can accommodate as many people as possible.

I'm in!

Ahh well. Car was clean due to the rain.

Regarding the monthly meet, the date is fine. As for time, i'd like late afternoon.

As mentioned before 29th is fine, as long as it's being organised and it'll go ahead I'll swap my shift over with another day

Yeah im keen too...will be my stivos first outing too :)....im keen for 29th Arvo aswell......

Seems like we have afew keen.....are we going o lock it in ?.....ive got nothing on but others may need to swap work etc so best lock it in soon i guess ?

cheers guys.....look forward to putting face to names

Lets definitely lock it in for the 29th of June Sunday and we'll decide what time we're meeting yeah?

So it's clear that there'll be something happening and so i'll swap my shift at work or give it up kk.

Is everyone cool with that?

Okay, since we're all so keen for the 29th June we'll set it for this day. Done.

Okay for the time. It seems like arvo is the best time for everyone since people have work the next day or have a curfew or don't want to miss their bed time @ 9:00 :P

I'd personally prefer to meet at around 2:00pm, but again i can't speak for all of us members so please specify a preferred time so we can decide on a time that can accomodate for most if not all. Otherwise, we're going to stick to 2:00pm.

2 or 3 pm should be ok

is garage open on sundays?

They are generally closed, unless you call them and make a booking. They will open up for car events (no cost, but should buy a coffee to make them happy). If they are closed and remain closed, the street is quiet and large enough to accomodate us all.

Cool 2pm is awesome that means I don't have to swap work shifts. I can still meet you guys and go to work at 6 :D

can go block up lygon or hit up yarrabend

yeah studley park, or go east and drive on the eastlink as it opens on the 29th for cars to travel on for free

can go block up lygon or hit up yarrabend

yeah studley park, or go east and drive on the eastlink as it opens on the 29th for cars to travel on for free

oooohh yeah....not sure if it will be rediculously busy or not but id be keen want to have a drive n see what its like......

count me in for a cruise along

true true

how bout we plan a path with a few stops? might drag on abit to around 7-8? but this lets people meet and go when they need to

ie. meet at around 2pm kick back say hi

then between 3 to 4 head off towards yarrabend stop for a photo op at one of the very steep carparks

then at the end of yarrabend jump onto the eastern and take it the full way onto eastlink, maybe some stops on the way?

after that whatever

Sounds like lots of fun, maybe I should really take work off coz it'll be my first meet and greet. :yahoo:

And I don't think 3 hrs will be enough for me to do all that was suggested above hehe. Ok I'll take work off to have some fun :D