Melbourne Events Organising Thread

I 100 % agree with Blind Kid Seeks.

IMO

Monthly meets = Social interaction, get to know eachother, talk cars, food, nice cruise (chance for afew to flex their cars if they want). From the meet on sunday, my first meet it seems some ppl are fairly shy and the meet was also their first meet, i really feel to grow the community spirit social meets with cruises are the way to go. Track days.....feel free to go ahead and organise one in this here the melb organising thread as thats its purpose, those who want to go will etc. Personally i cant justify the cost and havent got a sweet suspension setup (need sway and strut).

Just my 2c, as blind kid seeks mentioned 300$ is a fair few months worth of nice cruises, beverages and lunches with other TOCAU members - reviving the rich melbourne spirit that was afew years ago.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im not saying their not social.......ok ill rephrase.....im under the impression that the meet on sunday was the first "big" meet up in a while and had lots of new faces ?

maybe atleast we make the first few months a more social type (with low costs involved) for ppl to get to know eachother and on liesurely (places for those to push hard in twisties etc) cruises with food and beverage (alcohol/non alcohol etc).

guess im trying to say we should keep the monthly meets basic'ish so that everyone can participate and feel included - chucking down track days straight up might limit ppls participation from costs to car setup to shyness and fact ppl might not want to throw their car around a track or 1/4 mile.

Easiest would be set day (last sunday every month) and knowledge that you dont have to prep car do this or that etc.....you can forget about it all month for example and then click and go ....**** meet this sunday...jump on net, see meet point and go....u know all you need is yourself, car, cbradio if got one and some cash for social lunch and afew beverages

once again my 2 cents......and im pretty sure Blind Kid Seeks :)

sorry for all the fuss, it was me that brought up the whole idea...

and i'm not picking sides,

i only brought it up cause you guys asked for our opinon,,, i'm all up for a cruz and beer's (beers for sure :D )

but i thought it would be a good idea if we as a group did some club events every now and then, like skyline aus and nissan slivia do.

so that way we can find out what really works on our cars and what dosen't.

and track days are very social,

sorry for all the fuss,,, lets just drop it and move on ay,

wil

lol

i was just saying if we do plan a "race day" track might be better than drags

and when bks found out the costs, it was surprising to see it that cheap, i had 5k + in mind for track rental

wil_rolla........no need to say sorry

the idea of a track day is not a bad idea at all.

Maybe we do plan one as one of the monthly meets, we plan it 3 months in adavance for example so ppl can add suspension bits and pieces if they want and save the cash etc etc.....im definently not bagging track days, i just feel seeing were pretty much rekindling the melbourne big meets (correct me if im wrong) we keep them social and inclusive of all for the first few months and then do some different stuff

Cheers guys......

hey, im down for monthlies

was fun meting all you guys, i'll bring a bib next time to catch all the drool

was really surprised by the turnout and the number of corollas there are o.0

i think everyone thinks we're arguing, buts its just opinions

personally i just dont want to see us try to hero it on mountains thats why i suggested track

By all means go ahead and organise your track days guys if you want to... but all i was saying is that for a regular meet and greet and get together we should at least do something that EVERYone will feel comfortable doing...

Track days are great for people who have worked their cars... but people who havent.. what incentive is there for them to come... sure its fun... but kinda harder to be competitive or go quick enough when you're car isnt modded for the track.

On a cruise we can all me-ander along... playing music... hit some apex's here and there... and do it all without breaking a sweat. for those that want to push it... let them go for it... for those that would prefer to cruise.. they can come too... everyone wins...

I'd love to see another Big cruise with everyone there like last sunday... i'm just afraid that making a track day as an all over meet isnt going to get as many attendees. But by all means i'm not telling you that you cant go... haha

everyone enjoys their cars in different ways.

peas.

[/bKS]

yeah true.....i think everyone knows their limitations but i guess there is always the feeling to show off sometimes.....can be dangerous.......yeah monthly meets i think will be great...seeing we have been chatting for 2 days about it i think those who really are keen have had their opinions heard etc........so im keen to say

LAST SUNDAY EVERY MONTH = MEET, with location and activities TBA

there said it ....done :) lol

very keen to spend some time chatting to the ppl from sunday and others....getting ideas opinions and valuable information about our cars

Cheers guys

im going to go ahead and set the date for the second melb monthly meet then, if its alright with peeps on here can Blind Kid Seeks and I have a go at organising this one ?

with the idea of once again a meeting point ---let all get together

a cruise of some description XX km

Stop for lunch

Cruise again back to melb/meeting point/ppl peel off and head home etc

MELBOURNE MEET NO.2 SUNDAY 27TH JULY

3.8k to hire, thats actually not too bad

i would imagine a big 21st would cost heaps more :P

i cant justify the expense at all... 21 laps is all you get... not to mention all the damage to the car, wear to tires... all for the sake of some bragging rights. We drive Corolla's. FFS!

Just a Corolla eh? :P

image00011hu.jpg

7th, 8th and 13th? Thats hardly amazing... Look i am not Bagging the Sportivo... i own one FFS... all i am saying is that i think if you really want to go and spend some time at the track go for it. But i cant justify it. I would rather go somewhere and Be social.

All you guys with coilovers and slotted Rotors, strut bars and sway bars.. would definately have a blast on the track.. you sure have set your cars up like you belong there you may aswell get there .... once!

It's not the result that matters here, it's the time the car does. Mind you, the Corolla that did 1:52 was stock as a rock. Compare those times to other cars that cost 2-4 times as much. Still not impressive for a Corolla?

Having said that though, I'm totally against the idea of a track day at this point in time for the reasons you guys have stated. If people are interested in Track days, EXE car club as Steve has pointed out organise a few a year. Track days for Corollas only have failed in the past due to disinterest from the majority.

i cant justify the expense at all... 21 laps is all you get... not to mention all the damage to the car, wear to tires... all for the sake of some bragging rights. We drive Corolla's. FFS!

image00011hu.jpg

7th, 8th and 13th? Thats hardly amazing... Look i am not Bagging the Sportivo... i own one FFS... all i am saying is that i think if you really want to go and spend some time at the track go for it. But i cant justify it. I would rather go somewhere and Be social.

All you guys with coilovers and slotted Rotors, strut bars and sway bars.. would definately have a blast on the track.. you sure have set your cars up like you belong there you may aswell get there .... once!

It's not the result that matters here, it's the time the car does. Mind you, the Corolla that did 1:52 was stock as a rock. Compare those times to other cars that cost 2-4 times as much. Still not impressive for a Corolla?

Having said that though, I'm totally against the idea of a track day at this point in time for the reasons you guys have stated. If people are interested in Track days, EXE car club as Steve has pointed out organise a few a year. Track days for Corollas only have failed in the past due to disinterest from the majority.

No track days ????

:(

Monthly meets are OK. Love relaxing cruises ..................... and food and beer .........

image00011hu.jpg

Word from the Wise One BB :toast:

Guys seeing as this thread has got "chatty" and at times has gone off topic the Melbourne meet thread will now be be pinned like all the other states. I will close this thread and each meet can put in the Melbourne meet pinned thread. It should be the same location each month. If it isn't then start a new thread about it.

cheers SB :)