Melbourne Events Organising Thread

yeah i have wondered about why VIC never stared a monthly regular meet...

There were monthly meets in Melbourne back in 2003/4/5 after that it slowly deteriorated. People like EGene, TRD_141, Pecker, Lucio, PK, Iliv4-6 (the matching red barons), CAP and Orrock use to organise and come to (Meet at City Mazda, Toyota HQ, Garage Cafe, Springvale Macca/Toyota, Lygon St and so forth, then go on from their). At a few meets, we had over 50 corolla's come (about 40 or so stivo's), and if you look at past meet archives, you may find some of the old photo's. Its not that people don't attend these meets as they have bought new cars (i.e. Lucio and pecker still have there stivo's), but people have left the forum for other reasons. Some meets do happen from time to time (i.e. old members do come with there Accord Euro's, Colt turbo's, MX5's and so on), but they are not posted on this forum (again for obvious reasons).

Edited by omn1potent

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anything after 24 of june.. i will farking make sure i turn up this time, UNLESS something big happen(like i won the next $58m powerball) :lol:

If you do then come in your brand spanking new GODZILLA !!!!!!!

amen to that brother, would definately be good to start up the meets again, I know a few of the guys here regularly attend the meets organised by Sam

So the night of 28th is a go ????? Just need to set a venue.

Car wash meet isn't a bad idea either :whistling:

Im usually at the cnr heatherton/springvale rd carwash every friday nights (caught up with evoke and dorifto there last week).

By all means come join me! If there are more people interested, we can make a more central location to accommodate everyone for a group wash :)

omg I live really close to that carwash, like 1 minute drive close >.< howcome no one told me this happens!

See you next week :)

On ya Alex... I'm down for wherever and whatever that is decided.

As for my input, there will be negatives and positives to wherever the location will be as there are people from all points within Melbourne, even outer.

Central would be a good start I'd say so then we can get a number of where most people are coming from.

Cars flatter in corners, but more bouncy, sucks :(

Coil overs soon!

i'll have my Stivo for this... YEAH! Hopefully on a set of wheels... and its a massive stretch.. but with Kings and KYB's

Just a side note... How do the stock O3 Shocks take to beeing lowered in King Lows?

As for the Melbourne monthly meet Suggestion - 29th June (Sunday) 6:00 @ Garage Cafe.

From there we can have some food/drinks then cruise to a place nearby for a photoshoot.

Edited by kolourhero

Hey guys....im keen for a melb monthly meet to start....make it regular...those who can attend will ....those who cant can come to the next month....

I agree with the majority in saying sunday also....it seems to be the day when most have nothing planned...personal preference id prefer a sunday arvo say 3.00 time only cos sunday night is generally the chill with girlfriend..one night a week both home....or catch up with other family members.

Also agree with Mopp that we need to choose a central location....Im out Greensborough....same with Mopp too i think....so like you guys have mentioned making it city might keep all happy (the garage cafe place etc)

Sorry to Hijack post too......i havent been active meet wise and would like to n like others said we need to make afew decisions

maybe we can start a preference board for days and times and locations ppl think may be good n let it run for a week ?

Day Preference

Jaderd - Sunday (first one 29th like Kolourhero said)

Time Preference

Jaderd - Arvo

Location Preference (general/specific)

Jaderd - Central Melb (Garage Cafe everyone mentions) or coincide with dyno day ppl planning for melb late june/early july ?

Event Preference

Jaderd - Coffee/food n chat look at cars.....never met others before so get to know some melb ppl

Edited by jaderd

I don't mind the 29th of June exams are over and with that much notice I can take work off, as in swap it for another day.

Lets get this happening and set a date and time. :D

forgot about carwash, my bad!

Im down for a monthly meet, same as japerd's ideas as well i guess

You missed out!! :P

Edited by kolourhero