TOCAU 2008 Mega Meet Media

Thanks to the organisers for an well organised and awesome weekend. I was very impressed with the Corolla Sportivos... especially on Sunday... my *** talk about gutsy. Pity though there was no other AE112s over the weekend :( Anyhows here's my pics from the weekend... I suppose I'll just provide a link

http://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g6/cheun...tionalMeet2008/

IMG_0274.jpg

Those who want pics without the tags... please pm and I will post/send originals

Edited by 11TWO

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firstly, BIG thanks to all that organised and helped with all the events over the weekend. The Sunday cruise was definitely the highlight of the weekend, the weather was perfect too.

And big :clap: to those who came up from interstate :clap:

The pics posted are great so far, keep'em coming. B)

could i please ask that if anyone has any pictures of my car (the TRD), can you please email me the high res pictures? I try to keep as many photos of my cars as possible, so i'd really appreciate it... :)

my email is aforghani@thiess.com.au

thanks

ash.

I'll upload my pics tonight....

Huge round of thanks and appreciation to the QLD boys who put so much work into organising the show n shine, hassling retailers for prizes and making the whole operation move like clockwork. All this on top of the research and organisation behind the Sunday cruise, Friday social meet (which we were just too knackered to attend unfortunately) and everything else on the weekend. Northy, Azza and SB...... f**kin legends.

I've also gotta give it up for the Melbournians who travelled twice as far as me, Pete, Aimee and the Mishark clan and still partied like there was no tomorrow. Mario's Stivo is one of the tidiest I've ever seen and boy did that thing handle (and I give just as much credit to the fact that he drove the better part of 5,000kms in something with the suspension compliance of a go kart). And then there's Zoran and his surprise decal job on the 185.... what more can be said that wasn't expressed at the show. Mammoth effort, much respect. Couldn't have hoped for better convoy partners. Hope you guys had a better run today than yesterday's time wasting unpleasantness on my part (if anyone else is planning on getting a flat tire halfway between Lismore and the middle of nowhere, let me tell you, it's not a lot of fun)

EDIT: and I couldn't not mention Bill and Jarrod, flying in from Sydney and Melbourne respectively. This is the definition of commitment lads. Anyone who sat at home and made excuses should take a good look at those who put up with cancelled flights (Bill) and endured the Sportivo's coilovers on the return trip (Jarrod..... how are the ribs feeling?)

And I should apologise to SuperDave for getting drunk and calling him "Firecrotch"

Edited by Tats

Thank you to the organisers for an awesum day out at the show and shine, wish i couldve made it to the cruise on sunday but work commitments got in the way. It was excellently organised with a great bunch of people! Thanks again :)

Anyone who sat at home and made excuses should take a good look at those who put up with cancelled flights.

I would have been there if it wasn't for a major project that was and still is on at work, plus the car giving me grief. Bad timing I guess. I'll be coming next time though, car or no car.

And I should apologise to SuperDave for getting drunk and calling him "Firecrotch"

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

He even has his own bend on Mt Mee... "Red Bend". :P

We so should have stopped and got a photo.

Nice pics so far! Can't wait to see the rest. :clap:

:lol:

He even has his own bend on Mt Mee... "Red Bend". :P

We so should have stopped and got a photo.

I still don't know why we didn't go back for that photo :huh:

Northy and I had a quick peep at the cruise shots from the camera on the roof and the back of the Yaris. They look good!!!! Guess we will have to wait for him to post them up!!

Tats tough break with the flat!!! Oh and yeah a big shout out to Bill and Jared for flying up even when things weren't going to plan in one way or another...

Jared good to know I have a fellow VW nut in Melbourne!!! Part of the Kombi klan!! Love the tat!!

Northy i think you should post up some of the pics of me and Bill from the caravan and camping show yesterday!!

Well, here's from me...

Firstly, thanks to SB for putting in such a great effort to get this thing going. I know Northy and I both are able to take a little cred for what we did to help, but you drove it bro....and big thanks to Mrs SB for putting up with your sh!t while you were organising it...(Tell Jen she know's I always stick up for her.... :P )

So keeping on that line, thanks to Northy for the help he put in too....I know it was a f****ked week for you at work, but you still made it out.

Melbournian & Sydneysiders that made it up wither by flight, car, hitchhiking or teleporting.....thanks. There is only one reason for these big events, and that is for people to come up. I accept that there were some people that wanted to come, but really couldn't for a variety of reasons, but there is a very long list of slackers that just couldn't be bothered. Remember, this is a NATIONAL group, meaning people from all over the country are invited. So here are a few of my singled out thanks...

- Pete & Tats, thanks for coming and the lift down the coast...

- Mario, thanks for having a nice looking Sportivo...

- Zoran, thanks for making the effort with the Celica, your enthusasm was noted and welcomed and thanks for fixing my bike...

- Bill, thanks for coming.....you big cuddly Lebo you...

- Mish & Mark, thanks for making the effort with the tribe and thanks for the BBQ on Sunday Night...and the swim.....damn that was cold, then hot, then cold, then hot, then cold (IT WAS SHRINKAGE)...

I had a blast helping get this thing ready, and being there. Hooters was awesome, just sitting around with a few beers, food and some really good laughs...but overall, it was just a good weekend....

Thanks to the Celica and Camry boys for turning up when they did....

Azza

Edited by Azza

Hey guys & girls...looked like a great weekend..... thought about you guys the whole time wishing we could have made it. I know we promised at the Sydney meet we would, and i know excuses are the last thing anyone wants to hear. But we have a good one......

We are expecting our first baby in 7 months, so have been very sick for a few weeks.......and couldnt cope with the drive....!

Cant wait to catch up with some of you at the next monthly meet!!!

Hey guys & girls...looked like a great weekend..... thought about you guys the whole time wishing we could have made it. I know we promised at the Sydney meet we would, and i know excuses are the last thing anyone wants to hear. But we have a good one......

We are expecting our first baby in 7 months, so have been very sick for a few weeks.......and couldnt cope with the drive....!

I think thats the best excuse yet! Congrats!

I think thats the best excuse yet! Congrats!

Thanks