FASTER THAN R50 V10 TWIN TURBO VW TOE RAG! (AWD KX-S Kluger) 7.10 seconds 0-100kph (+ FJ Cruiser) 6.84 seconds 0-100kph V6=Don Mega!!!!

RICE RACING

Peter the photos are great mate, I always wanted to go fourwheel driving in snow, but never got around to it, I wish I still had my fourwheel drive, I will buy another fourby in the next couple of years, when I can afford somthing better than the kluger, mate if you ever swap fj back to a kluger let me know I would love to have it.

once again thanks for the photos and I enjoy reading all you posts and information.

No worries mate, glad you like them.

I have a habit of changing cars every few years so you never know your luck! I do however sh7t myself with each new one cause you take a risk that you will get a dud, that either does not perform or uses too much fuel or oil (if its a 200 series lol!!!) ............. this one is just excellent, will be very hard to part with it :(

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Peter the photos are great mate, I always wanted to go fourwheel driving in snow, but never got around to it, I wish I still had my fourwheel drive, I will buy another fourby in the next couple of years, when I can afford somthing better than the kluger, mate if you ever swap fj back to a kluger let me know I would love to have it.

once again thanks for the photos and I enjoy reading all you posts and information.

Forgot to mention, what you may not like is cleaning the mud!!!!! I hate leaving it on my cars so clean it next day to prevent any rust.

There was over 25kg of mud and rocks, pebbles dirt, stuck in the guards and underneath the chassis *unbelievable* so so much work to clean it properly and keep it better looking than when I got it from the Toyota stealership

Edited by RICE RACING

I do however sh7t myself with each new one cause you take a risk that you will get a dud, that either does not perform or uses too much fuel or oil (if its a 200 series lol!!!) ............. this one is just excellent, will be very hard to part with it :(

I understand your fear there Peter!

You hear and read how good a car is but there is no guarantee you will get a good one as well. As much as Toyota is a good brand there is always the chance of getting something with a bug that can't be found even with the best of makes. Until you put it through it's paces you are suspicious...

Gone over my Kluger with the most critical of an eye and cannot find anything a mm out. Drives like heaven on wheelsl, so all is well. Damn thing is giving same consumption as my 4 cyl ACV40R Camry around town!! I don't know how they do it but i'm glad they did!

Thanks for taking the time to post the pics... looks like you have a lot of fun and that FJ just loves the bush. As for the 25kg of top soil you pinch from the state forests... ?? :unsure: lol

Cheers all...

Edited by KX-R & ACV40R

Yep I know what you mean , I spent three days cleaning my prado after a weekend away on a fourwheel drive trip, it was absolute bugger lying underneath trying to get every bit of mud out, I dont know if you own one or not I found a great thing to clean in the chassis is a product I bought from my local arb dearler called a staun massojet, im not sure I spelt it correctly, my lowsy spelling, but they work a treat in cleaning every nook and cranny of your car, you can buy the cleaning products to go with them too, they have a little despencer that attaches to the end of it, you can also ajust how much dertergent comes out aswell. it was the best $120 I ever spent.

Yeah barney those vvti v6 engines are bloody fantastic on fuel,I love the look on my mates face when I told him how good the kluger is on fuel, compared to his gutless slugbox 4 cylinder rav4.

Yep I know what you mean , I spent three days cleaning my prado after a weekend away on a fourwheel drive trip, it was absolute bugger lying underneath trying to get every bit of mud out, I dont know if you own one or not I found a great thing to clean in the chassis is a product I bought from my local arb dearler called a staun massojet, im not sure I spelt it correctly, my lowsy spelling, but they work a treat in cleaning every nook and cranny of your car, you can buy the cleaning products to go with them too, they have a little despencer that attaches to the end of it, you can also ajust how much dertergent comes out aswell. it was the best $120 I ever spent.

Yeah barney those vvti v6 engines are bloody fantastic on fuel,I love the look on my mates face when I told him how good the kluger is on fuel, compared to his gutless slugbox 4 cylinder rav4.

You know all of this was worked out in Forumula 1 in the 1980's

They had all kinds of motors powering cars from NA V12, V8, Turbo V8, Turbo V6, Turbo 4cyl.

In the mid 80's when rules were changed and fuel restircitons were gradually more and more applied and later a boost restrictions were ramped up the ONLY engine configuration that came out ON TOP was the V6!!!!!!!!!!!

Fast forward 30 years to today and you see in Automotive general consumption filed that the V6 platform is the Dominant platform, Nissan R35 GTR anyone??????? No matter what powerplant this was the one engineers "chose" over V10, V8, V12 etc etc etc.............

You will see in 2 years time F1 will fast forward to the future and they will go totally back to a V6 turbo engine and they will make the power they make now BUT use over 20% less fuel than they do today with a NA V8.

V6 architecture is pretty much the ultimate internal combustion engine, plenty and plent examples from motorsport (true motorsports where any engine can compete and the best rise to the top! not the contribed BS that exists today!!!)

Anyway My rant over.

To clean my car I used the Karcher at work, now way in hell would I clean it with a hose bro :)

I absolutly love those gtrs, the 3.8 twin turbo v6 engine in the gtr are different in every car , one gtr could develepe more power than another gtr of the same type, but saying that there one amazing car no car in the would for the money could come any near it for performance and handling and traction, I seen the guys on top gear put it through its paces especialy the stig, and its near the top of the leader board, it beats cars that are worth more than three times as much , GERMANS TAKE NOTE AND ALL THE BADGE SNOBS, you cant beat the japs at building cars for bangs for bucks, anyway I got that of my chest, I wonder anyone reading this is going to give me serve.

Edited by CROCO

I absolutly love those gtrs, the 3.8 twin turbo v6 engine in the gtr are different in every car , one gtr could develepe more power than another gtr of the same type, but saying that there one amazing car no car in the would for the money could come any near it for performance and handling and traction, I seen the guys on top gear put it through its paces especialy the stig, and its near the top of the leader board, it beats cars that are worth more than three times as much , GERMANS TAKE NOTE AND ALL THE BADGE SNOBS, you cant beat the japs at building cars for bangs for bucks, anyway I got that of my chest, I wonder anyone reading this is going to give me serve.

The japs are engineering masters.

It's a bit like watches (my other hobby)

Look up Grand Seiko.

grand-seiko-spring-drive-chronograph-ad1.jpg

grand-seiko-spring-drive-chronograph-watch-sbgc001.jpgspring-drive-9r86-movement.jpg

^ This one above is mine, Grand Seiko Spring Drive Chronograph, best mechanical watch on earth PERIOD! (All swiss parts shop bitza wannabe tennis endorsement badge whores eat a c0c3)

I have one that would and does sh7t on a Rolex from a massive height! Seiko were the first to invent the chronograph, first to invent many internal features, first to make an accurate mechanical watch cause the Swiss rating for accuracy (chronometer standard) was way too lax for Seiko's standards!!! LOL.. A Grand Seiko actually will keep time and last a long time unlike any Swiss garbage time piece....... I know cause I have owned all of them personally including Rolex's .......... Anyway my point is similar to cars a R35 GTR will run rings around a 458 Italia Ferrari and even Ferrari engineers cant work out how a GTR is so fast/efficient.

The japs are true engineers and pioneers of many things, watchs, cars, best 4WD's on earth.... I could go on and on.

Honda taught the world how to build a Formula one engine when they wiped the floor with their Turbo V6, punishing Porsche, Ferrari, Renault etc etc.

You just look at what our Klugers can do as I proved in this thread, great great cars, from the best manufacturing country on earth.

Edited by RICE RACING

For your Aural Stimulation............... can't beat a mildly tuned V6 for character OR performance.

7.26 seconds 0-100kmh, full tank, normal take off :)

I might test her again now that its a bit more run in and the weather is nice and cool, very sure on 1/4 tank fuel it would do a high 6 seconds 0-100kmh time , manual shifting the gearbox and "spooling it up a bit" before a take off.............

Absolutly 100% agree with you peter, I have been saying what you just said for years.

The japanese showed the wourld that cars and electrical goods could be realible and afordable.

Gone are the cheap made in japan slurs.

years before my time, I think in the late fifties, maybe early sixties when toyota started exporting cars out of japan into the states, I think I remember reading toyota brought over two cars with toyota designers to try and make it over in the states to try and they were a flop, they would go a few miles with out over heating and breaking down, they couldnt handle the great distances, the guys at detroit were falling over themselves with laughter, so toyota went back home with the two cars,lessons were learnt and few years later toyota and other japanese manufatuers started exporting cars to the states, they were a hit, especialy during the oil crisis of the seventies and early eighties, people wanted more fuel efficient cars over there gas guzzlers,people started to realize that japan cars were well built and offered more features and most important more realiable.

Japanese cars are now considred the most realiable cars on the planet, jd power survey backs this up.

If the designing team at detroit could take leaf out of toyotas and other japanese manufacturers book they probadly wouldnt been in so much mess as they were.

I would love to see more of the fj videos, keep up the great work.

I cant remember, does the auto have manual shift like the kluger.

I would love to see more of the fj videos, keep up the great work.

I cant remember, does the auto have manual shift like the kluger.

You can grab the stick and shift it through the gears, doing it this way uses the last couple of hundred rpm before the rev limiter, and since these motors keep making maximum power to red line it all helps acceleration when going for hollywood numbers.

There are other little tricks like turning off the traction and stability control (as documented when I tested the Kluger), same applies to the FJC.

I really do love the FJ! I was looking at carsales.com just now and people are selling them SH with up to 20,000km on them for the price I got mine brand new on the road! *I did get a o.k. deal though*...... very popular classic SUV it will be I have no doubt about it.

Cheers mate.

When I was talking to the salesman the otherday at my local toyota dealer he said that theres a waiting list for the fj, he said there was six on the waiting list, yeah I had a bit of a look at cars sales site, OUCH! the price they wanted for them ,oh well that toyota quality comes at a price and the demand probadly outways the supply, because there only been out a short time.

Cheers mate.

When I was talking to the salesman the otherday at my local toyota dealer he said that theres a waiting list for the fj, he said there was six on the waiting list, yeah I had a bit of a look at cars sales site, OUCH! the price they wanted for them ,oh well that toyota quality comes at a price and the demand probadly outways the supply, because there only been out a short time.

They are the best 4WD/FUN SUV/Bargain on the market at any price I say........... I have not come across anyone who actually has one or driven one who does not love it. Everyday I look at mine and enjoy it as the first day I set eyes on it (very rare for any car to do that to me).

Really is a fun automobile #1

^ Here is a Turbo Charged FJC, only around 0.7 seconds faster (~around 6.5 seconds) to 100km/h than my beast.

I am toying with the idea of slapping a turbo on mine, but it goes so good without one I'm in no rush to do it just yet.

Thanks peter for the clip, I must admit when I had the prado the thought did cross my mind, fitting a supercharger or turbo, I cant remember now but I was thinking of putting a bullet supercharger kit on it, but like you mate I was pretty happy with the performance of the engine without a turbo or supercharger, your beast being lighter and more powerfull than my old prado, I would be happy with performance of fj too ,but you can never have to much power though, and it would make a great car into absolute weapon.

The only problem I can think of is those bloody speed cameras.

With the speedos on the fj, I wonder why they only go up to 180kmh,they would go quicker than that, my mates 4.0v6 hilux does 200kmh and it has less power than the fj, my old prado I had up to 170kmh and she was still pulling, it was the long weekend and it was double demerit points I got scared to see what she could do.

I agree the fjs are fantastic value for money, they seem to be quiet popular over in the states and the middle east going on the you tube clips.

There getting popular here in the central west of new south wales as well.

That note on your FJ sounds so good Peter. The exhaust you fitted looks like a peice of art.

I would not bother putting a stereo in a car that sounded that good!!! B)

Thanks mate,

I tell you EVERYDAY when I drive the beast I just have to use full throttle & 5500rpm at least once in my journey :)

It adds to the driving experience and this is part of the joy of owning a car, its not just a mode of transport A To B, for me its more than that, each time I get in a car I own I really want to be entertained by it. The V6 petrol motor in N/A for with my tweaks delivers :) that in ample spades, and she gets up and goes hard too, which is a real surprise to me *relatively speaking*.

The exhaust is EXCELLENT, and Ironically it was cheap too! I have had a long history with Automobiles and done all kinds of modifications to them and the exhaust area has always been a point of immense frustration to me in the Australian market, just too many Bong Brothers mig welded Lukey muffler mild steel sh7t heaps wannabe "system" experts that charge like a wounded bull and provide little more than what comes out the rear end of a Bull!!!!

By contrast to the mild steel mig welded pressure pack sprayed rubbish available at your local Australia "exhaust shop" The Megan Racing cat back performs as good as it looks :)

That note on your FJ sounds so good Peter. The exhaust you fitted looks like a peice of art.

I would not bother putting a stereo in a car that sounded that good!!! B)

I very rarely drive with the CD or USB tunes going, I just wind down the window and give it some :)

p.s. It sounds much better in real life than on the video, EVERYONE looks when they hear it coming :) it has a real reasonant howl, combination of the intake modifications and the exhaust system.........

EDIT: I just put on my Sony mega headphones on my video of RICEFJ and if you have similar you will get a good feel for what it actually sounds like in real life (90% of the quality)

Edited by RICE RACING

• 3 weeks later...

Thats nice mate, there nice watches, I love seiko watches, I got a old cronogragh that was given te from my late uncle, the watch would have to 40years old and it keeps perfect time.

The button on it seized up on it, but the mechanism was working fine, I was debating whether to get it repaired or just chuck it out , but I got it repaired and it works perfectly now for the last 15 years, but I like your watch better mate :)

Seiko are the best watch maker on earth croco ;) you will never go wrong with them.

The ones I have make a Rolex Daytona look like a piece of over hyped garbage (similar to European cars v's Japanese ones *familiar story*), should do for the price, those two Grand Seiko's above would pay for half a new Kluger Grande lol........

230rwkw??????????

It does ~180rwkw as I measure it.

That translates to an easy 230kw engine *probably more*. Its very fast compared to stock with my mods done to it, not far off the turbo one I listed before.

Wow, thats still great. Thats as much as a Skyline GTR, with more bottom end..

It pulls real hard!

I have and do lots of tuning to all kinds of cars. One example is a twin turbo RX7 fitted with PFC and exhaust system and running 13psi boost and these do 180rwkw on my system (on a dynodynamics they will show 230rwkw!!!!).

I measure the power properly far less optimistic/exagerated than what people get on most Australian chassis dyno's.

Either way the certified performance separates the fact from fiction.

And my RICEFJ consistently pulls 0-100kmh in 7.1 to 7.2 second range, for 2050kg as tested 4WD that is insane :)