FASTER THAN R50 V10 TWIN TURBO VW TOE RAG! (AWD KX-S Kluger) 7.10 seconds 0-100kph (+ FJ Cruiser) 6.84 seconds 0-100kph V6=Don Mega!!!!

RICE RACING

Well I have covered 8900km on the Mobil1 0W-40 and it has not used one drop of oil from the sump (I checked about 10 times!) and color is great... another 1000km till I give it a service, will take some pics when time comes.

So far as the Castrol question, that is within the grade recommended so as long as you stick to that you should be fine? I can not comment on the product as I have never used it personally.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well its been a while since I posted and I have been wanting to put up the actual Air Fuel Ratio's my Kluger runs during a wide open throttle application both in 2nd gear and also in a 0-100kph test, below are following graphs of a detailed 2nd gear pull through to the rev limiter and the other two are 0-100 tests and the final is a overlay of another test I did a few months ago with my other AFR instrument (compared to my high specification instrument), you will see the higher spec one registers the excessive RICH mixture the Kluger feeds the engine on the gear change period ***Why Toyota do this is beyond me*** but it is enough to register the lower limit of 10:1 on the first instrument and on the other comes close to the 9.0:1 limit...

Anyway enjoy.

Note both are very high end professional tuning tools calibrated with $1000 new sensors installed, they are very close to each other and the test was conducted in the identical location with same procedure *albeit on different days etc* the fuel metering is very repeatable

2nd gear pull 40kph to 105kph *UPHILL* high load and richer by a few points v's 2nd gear 0-100 test on flat (last two pictures)

klugermixture1sg2.jpg

0-100kph test 1st to 2nd gear mixture

klugermixtureaccel1lj4.jpg

0-100kph test 1st to 2nd gear mixture, two different tests and two different specification *calibrated* AFR instruments

klugermixtureacceltwodipx5.jpg

Edited by RICE RACING

the Kluger feeds the engine on the gear change period

Do you know whats the norm for manufactures?

Maybe some fuel is better than no fuel eg lean but its so quick in the gear change would it matter, thats probably why they stink when you fang them

Good work

Edited by PC XT

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

Well did my second round trip to Canberra (from Bairnsdale *home*).

And the results are consistent (1000km roughly round trip).

To: 9.8lt per 100km (uphill)

*this is hilly terrain both ways, not ideal for minimum fuel consumption*

^ On both occasions

Each trip I had about 200kg worth of engine and other parts in back, each trip consisted of probably half a dozen full throttle over taking events (up to 140kph or so) and sitting on pretty much 100kph GPS speed on the way.

On flat land with 100kph speed consumption is around 8.2lt per 100km on all the trips I have done.

So the long term average of 9.8lt I posted above (including all performance testing, stop starts etc) is pretty good in my vehicles case.

Great car :D I really enjoy driving it, my only one grips is the cruise control is nothing short of dog sh7t !!, ok on flat but basically useless on hill sections.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hit the BIG 15,000km just this week... wonder if she is run in fully :D Feels still the same, will get around to re testing it in a few weeks time, see if it performs the same or otherwise 1 year on.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got my new Tanner wireless race scale set up for the Mazda and I am going to check the weight of the Kluger tomorrow :) was a bit worried cause they are rated to 1000lb per pad but got a reply back from maker saying they are designed to read up to 50% higher than the rating :) so its all go!

So lets take some bets on what the figure will be :D (higher or lower than broucher???)

I will post up a photo of the result, weight distribution and so on probably tomorrow night.

Depends.... are you running Nitrogen in your tyres?!! :lol:

I'd say definitely high than the brochure, but not significantly....

Edited by holmesie

Here we go:

For those not interested to read through whole thread. KX-S AWD model with factory tow bar fitted.

ALL under car plastic removed, and engine plastic cover removed as per previous posts)

Car was less jack and handle (took out to jack up car)

Had two mil crates in back and heavy rubber cargo rubber mat protector, helmet in car (don't ask why as I do not even know lol) general stuff in glove box etc and just under a 1/4 tank of fuel left as per pictures (77km left to travel on screen till empty).

2020kg is the listed kerb weight for my Kluger

On the weight scales

klugerweightcheck1.jpg

Mass of car

klugerweightcheck3.jpg

Mass with car and *driver on board*

klugerweightcheck2.jpg

These are professional racing scales which are around $4000, they are very accurate, after this test they returned back to zero reading and I got on each load cell or pad one by one and all returned my mass spot on. ;)

Edited by RICE RACING

wow,... its much heavier on the RHS isnt it.

I'd expect that for the second photo with a driver in the seat and no passengers.

In general the steering assembly and instrument panel is also on the right which would add more weight to that side.

wow,... its much heavier on the RHS isnt it.

I'd expect that for the second photo with a driver in the seat and no passengers.

In general the steering assembly and instrument panel is also on the right which would add more weight to that side.

+ most of the exhaust is on the RHS

So the total is 1974 kg, quite a bit less than 2020 listed by Toyota. Surely the plastics you removed didn't weigh that much?

You are right I'd say, especially given mine has a tow bar fitted as well which is quite heavy.

Well last bit of VBOX testing, filled car to the brim with 65.5lt of 98 Ultimate today still had testing gear hooked so on way home made a diversion and did a simple test

0-100kph *box left in drive & just stand on gas, TC on* (temp 19 deg C, 1005kpa low pressure day, altitude 25 meters, heat soaked engine after sitting in servo fueling up)

7.65 seconds.

So there it is, I did more testing than I should have but can 100% say that 7.65 is the absolute slowest she will do fully laden up, and when low on fuel 1/4 tank and in colder conditions she will put down 7.10~7.20 region for the above speed test.

Hope I have not bored you all too much :D

Well one year on and another 15,000km

I have another new better VBOX unit which uses IMU sensor correction and it is 100% JIZZ spec! amazing bit of gear. Anyway to the crunch I did a test today on 1/4 tank on Shell VPOWER of all things which I have not tested before. 18 degree day, tire pressure did not check....... The result was 7.60 seconds, I will upload the detailed graphs which also have full power analysis to engine RPM and Air fuel mixture, also manifold pressure as well.

Mine is doing 165~168awkw on average and making that @ 6000rpm with 11.65:1 Air Fuel mixture at those revs and load.

Edited by RICE RACING

Tested the Kluger today, this new VBOX is good! amazing bit of gear ! Power through gears (1st to 2nd) Tested 2 different launch techniques (tested) Report 100kphtestsd.jpg Test one load up trans 0-100kph 7.60 seconds 111111111111y.jpg Test two no load 0-100kph 7.88 seconds 222222222222r.jpg Power check after tests in 2nd 3333333333333w.jpg Suicide Bomber kit scuicidebomber.jpg

[Today 02:54 PM] RICE RACING: 0-100kph 7.34 then 7.48 on return run (I went and pumped up tires to 43psi all round) did 7.26! forgot to turn on data logger drove around block and ran again she did 7.25 seconds! and 15.47 over 1/4 mile with no roll out applied!

I will put up all graphs of it today :)

BP95 octane fuel and verified weight check.

18 degree day (previous fastest was set on 5 deg C!)

low pressure overcast and slight drizzle at times

Car is showing ~170awkw

16000km on the odo to the dot!

I have an excellent graph showing some interesting information on how much these OEM cars can vary (same test, same day same car!)

On one earlier attempt it ran a 15.90sec 1/4 @ 140.90kph (showing essentially 155awkw) 0-100kph 7.71 seconds

Then on the return run to second test location it ran 15.44 @ 148.02kph (showing ~170awkw) 0-100kph 7.26 seconds & 7.25 seconds (< twice *back to back*) !

GO FIGURE that out if you can! all on flat test track with less than 1.5m variation in height over 400m!!!! *both 60ft times within 0.02 seconds!*

Edited by RICE RACING

Ok here are pics of the general VBOX3i set up with IMU sensor fitted.

vb3isetup1.jpg

vb3isetup2.jpg

vb3isetup3.jpg

Here is the running weight as tested along with shot of fuel gauge and odometer reading reading.

BEFORE TESTING: weight 2025kg

*I took a ***** in between weight tests! so it prob used less fuel*

AFTER TESTING: weight 2019kg

Thus 6kg of fuel used (8.33lt) for a covered 82km (10.2lt per 100km), which included 6 x 0-100km/h (7.34, 7.48, 7.73, 7.71, 7.26, 7.25) tests and 2 x 1/4 mile (15.90 & 15.47) tests. Rest of the way was cruising to test locations.

vb3isetup4.jpg

vb3isetup5.jpg

vb3isetup6.jpg

vb3isetup7.jpg

VBOX graphs to come :)