FASTER THAN R50 V10 TWIN TURBO VW TOE RAG! (AWD KX-S Kluger) 7.10 seconds 0-100kph (+ FJ Cruiser) 6.84 seconds 0-100kph V6=Don Mega!!!!

RICE RACING

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:lol:

My Pride and Joy is pre sold, its making way for my new FJ Cruiser :)

Ricey did you finally find a Toyota dealer that still loves you?

your previous blogs led me to believe you had clashed with the dealer and would not buy another toyota again.

In all fairness if any dealer had read what you had done with that Kluger, they would not want to touch you with a fifty foot barge pole

I look forward to the offroad test performance in the FJ Cruiser from you.

Cheers

Dhous

:lol:

My Pride and Joy is pre sold, its making way for my new FJ Cruiser :)

Ricey did you finally find a Toyota dealer that still loves you?

your previous blogs led me to believe you had clashed with the dealer and would not buy another toyota again.

In all fairness if any dealer had read what you had done with that Kluger, they would not want to touch you with a fifty foot barge pole

I look forward to the offroad test performance in the FJ Cruiser from you.

Cheers

Dhous

Dhous,

Its this simple. FJ is great 4WD, not dodgy rubber hose feeding the VVTi either :)

If a car can take my level of testing then that is a good thing, more people have bought Klugers from my blog than any "damage" or extra work I may have caused a dealer, I am guessing you are eluding to me abusing my vehicle? which I take high offense to. I simply used the car to quantify its performance and efficiency, its as good as the day I bought it, and I sold it for great money too. ALL of the tests I did amount to less than what one housewife would do driving in city traffic! and lets be totally honest, IF it could not take a test or two (or fifty!) then its not a car worth owning at all :)

Yes I will keep up with another review of the FJ, wont be on this forum though as there is no section for it (YET).

Edited by RICE RACING

The Kluger was a great experience for me in the toughness of the HINO engine and the auto trans, but of a bigger surprise was the efficiency of the engine. The Kluger was far too soft for me and as such not ideal, but for a person with big family and urban lifestyle its a great SUV.

The FJ is a total different animal, 1000% stronger, bigger tougher in every aspect, and very very simple. If it were not for the Kluger experience I would not even think of the FJ :)

No real issue with Toyota except for what I typed before, sub standard repair V's new car fix and lying salesmen aside (not giving me what I was promised on sale)........ but hey I'm sure that would happen with anything that involved a multinational company and a salesman who works off a commission LOL !!!

• 3 weeks later...

Rice,

How fast can the FJ go 0-100? more than 10 seconds?

I'll tell you *officially* when it arrives (waiting to get made, probably another 2+ months till I have it)

They have a 200kw engine and weight is same as the KX-S Kluger I had, but its 2WD so should put more power down to the ground and it also have a better spread of power (tq at low revs) so it will be as fast as my Kluger if not quicker. When I test drove it with 3 people on board it was quick :clap:

My Kluger went last weekend btw, she is in Albury ........... if you see it around :ph34r:

Rice,

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/car/09q3/2009_toyota_fj_cruiser_-short_take_road_test

ENGINE TYPE: DOHC 24-valve V-6, aluminum block and heads, port fuel injection

Displacement: 241 cu in, 3956cc

Power (SAE net): 239 bhp @ 5200 rpm

Torque (SAE net): 278 lb-ft @ 3700 rpm

TRANSMISSION: 5-speed automatic

DIMENSIONS:

Wheelbase: 105.9 in Length: 183.9 in Width: 74.6 in Height: 71.6 in Curb weight: 4338 lb

C/D TEST RESULTS:

Zero to 60 mph: 7.3 sec < 2WD version! 4WD auto did 7.8 seconds!

Zero to 100 mph: 24.3 sec

Street start, 5–60 mph: 7.6 sec

Standing ¼-mile: 15.8 sec @ 87 mph

Top speed (governor limited): 111 mph

This is the VBOX report from Car and Driver magazine on the 239bhp 2008 FJ Cruiser. http://www.caranddriver.com/var/ezflow_site/storage/original/application/1caf4b6c718d8df2987b511b6c1d5771.pdf You can see that my seat of pants feelings on the 2011 would be pretty much on the money given its 270+bhp :spiteful: and this should easily equal what I VBOX tested my KX-S Kluger at :)

Edited by RICE RACING

BIG NEWS!

KX-S Kluger with over 1/2 tank of BP98 Ultimate fuel and 1055km on odometer (run in) with tow bar, rubber cargo mat and bolt on plastics (heavier than stock)

TEST conditions: Ambient temperature 11 deg C, RH 60%, Pressure 1021Kpa, Tire pressure 36psi, Traction and stability control OFF.

OFFICIAL 1/4 mile and 0-100kph figures :D :D :D

R U Ready????????

0-100kph

7.45 seconds ! & 7.43 seconds !

0-60mph

6.99 seconds ! & 7.00 seconds !

1/4 mile or 402.34 meters

15.71 seconds ! @143.01 kph or 88.86 mph (compared to MOTORTREND's 87.7mph same time though)

400m

15.65 seconds ! @ 142.74 kph

I will post up the VBOX Tools analysis graphs for full split times and also altitude verification (flat road!) I did the 0-100kph test on two seperate pieces of road just to be sure ! :D :D :D

This thing is a freaking bullet!!! and I still have not put in my new engine oil yet :lol:

So for any jockies out there wanting to debate the speed of the Kluger feel free to give them my number and I will supply my data or even my car for any doubters hahahaha ! GO THE MIGHTY KLUGER!!!

V's one of my many tests on the KX-S ;) ^ so yeah we will see what she does when I get her and run it in some then repeat the testing :) all again :yahoo:

• 4 months later...

Hello Everyone,

Well the Kluger has been gone for a long time now, but I have my new toy :)

The FJ Cruiser :)

Similar motor, similar performance :)

http://www.fjccentral.info/showthread.php?t=12328

Hey All,

Here is pics of RICEFJ :)

Best vehicle I have owned, love it !

Will post up some performance mods and testing details too.

img3168outdoorfj.jpg

img3064outdoorfj.jpg

img2912ricefjdonmega.jpg

After the run in process (1000 miles) I did some testing/analysis of the stock FJ, also did an oil change to Mobil 1 5W-50 oil and dropped the oil filter out (this was done at 600 miles).

After the VBOX testing (at full fuel load) I decided to open up some hidden power, this was found to be in the restrictive stock std air box, it fundamentally is a good piece, it just needs some detail work.

Pictures follow of the process.

Pieces removed

img3022airboxriceracing.jpg

Detail shot

img3023airboxriceracing.jpg

Installed back in car

img3037airboxriceracing.jpg

Testing equipment installed (RACE LOGIC VBOX3i) and RR dyno program installed.

img3026airboxriceracing.jpg

The end result delivered an "average increase of 12rwkw" or 19.32bhp (still using the stock std paper filter) but with pre screen removed.

The on road factual measured performance was of greatest increase. Official VBOX figure for 0-100kmh acceleration was (prior mods) 8.82 seconds 9with wheel spin!. After mods the best acceleration figure was 0-100kmh in 7.37 seconds! with maximum rwkw figure rising to 174rwkw V's the previous 156rwkw! Along with the peak and average power increases was a huge increase in engine response :) and the best thing of all unbelievable noise at WOT from under the engine bay!

The testing reports are on another PC and I will tomorrow load them up showing the power increase across all speed ranges of this test.

And now for the results, They speak for them selves really.

Average power increase between test lines is 16+rwkw (25bhp @ engine!)

Average acceleration increase between test lines is listed

Time reduction is substantial

Distance reduction to achieve 100kmh is allot less

All repeated to within 0.1 seconds (no one hit wonder)

NOTE: No doctored BS dyno graphs, this is real performance and power as delivered @ the rear wheels, stock std, and with some detail work to the stock intake system.

stockvrrmodifiedreport.jpg

stockvrrmodified.jpg

Here is zero to sixty mph time for US people to understand hahaha

zerosixtyzerosixty.jpg

Rice,

Answer above mate (7.37 & 7.47 seconds! repeated) and at full weight too! :)

Sell the Kluger and buy a FJ ! so much more of a car :) its a BEAST!!!

AND STILL FASTER THAN A R50 DAK DAK $130k + nugget!!!! HAHAHAHAHAH !!!!!

Edited by RICE RACING

mmmmm nice volks :D !

Thanks mate :)

I love them! custom ordered through RAYS Japan, took 3 months to get made, worth the wait indeed... Stock wheels were (with tires) 32kg, these with bigger/wider tires are 27kg :ph34r:

I did a weight check tonight at the workshop.

Also took pics of the Ultra Gauge install (it works great after fine calibration set up).

Weight is Kerb (almost full fuel tank, all tools, rubber cargo mat, seat covers, floor mats), also listed weight with driver, camera, etc.... metric and imperial units.

img3293weightcheckultra.jpg

img3295weightcheckultra.jpg

Weight with driver kg's

img3338weightcheckultra.jpg

Weight with driver Lb's

img3330weightcheckultra.jpg

Interior shot of Lb's weight check as run

img3335weightcheckultra.jpg

Various screens and mounting method *works great*

img3321weightcheckultra.jpg

Typical fuel usage for normal driving

img3323weightcheckultra.jpg

Engine parameter screen shot (page 1)

img3326weightcheckultra.jpg

Been doing some longer term multi day tests on the air fuel ratio under wide open throttle conditions and full power 3000rpm to ~6000rpm

STOCK AIR FILTER

26th Oct 22 deg C afternoon

2nd gear 3000rpm to 6000rpm

10.51:1 to 10.81:1 AFR

evening 18 deg C

2nd to 3rd gear high load up hill

3000rpm to 6000rpm

10.80:1 to 11.05:1

27th Oct morning 10 deg C

10.23:1 to 10.40:1 AFR

--------------------------------------------------------

Summary VERY RICH

Today 29th Oct

Fitted TRD drop in high flow K&N style air filter

18 deg C

10.85:1 to 11.05:1 AFR

2nd to 3rd gear high load up hill

3000rpm to 6000rpm

11.25:1 to 11.51:1 AFR

Summary LEANED OUT AFR by 0.35 to 0.50 just by filter

Same test conditions, same load, same tests

Car feels like accelerates stronger, sounds better

will verify with VBOX and post back.

Here is some more pics of my ride, also next to a vastly inferior Hitler Youth Loving dak dak nugget!!!

img3376shots.jpg

img3395shots.jpg

img3375shots.jpg

img3372shots.jpg

Next too a Yellow Council truck in back ground LOL!!!

img3447shots.jpg

img3436shots.jpg

img3446shots.jpg

p.s. Ordered my Megan Racing scat back exhaust today too, when she turns up will fit it and report testing back here :okay:

0-60mph time improved to 6.92 seconds

*TRD drop in air filter changed only difference to previous tests!*

AFR is DISGUSTING! will do up report and post back here but its on the rich end of the scale and has heaps of room for improvement, I data logged it on the VBOX. till graph is posted its average of low 11's to high 10's in 2nd gear, and first gear is ****ed up in that it seems to go closed loop!!! and runs after mid revs back near 14.40:1 AFR!!! not good for maximum power!!!

100% the bad boys need an ECU and a proper tune up :okay: to get the maximum possible power from it, at the moment the RWKW has stepped up to just over 180rwkw :teeth: which is Don Mega, the times are sick for a big rig weighing in at 2070kg as tested.

Here is a detailed report of the latest power, the report screen has been divided up into 5kmh between report lines for more resolution so you can see the average AIR FUEL RATIO and AVERAGE POWER to the rear wheels over the run.

Can distinctly see the ECU goes into what must only be closed loop mid way through first gear!!!! (14.4:1 AFR!!!) then typical Toyota madness of totally DROWNING the engine with fuel during a gear shift to save the transmission and clutches in the Auto. There is allot of hidden power in this set up. Refinement of the fuel delivery fixing the stuff up's increasing the rev limit to 6400rpm and trimming the fuel mixture to around 12.5:1 will result in a much faster ride :)

I will test again with the Megan Racing SCAT BACK 3" exhaust, then hopefully will have some news on a decent piggy back ECU option and I can get on with fixing up the Toyota stuff ups and hideous factory "tuning"

trdfilterafrtrdafrrepor.jpg

V's STOCK

stockstock.jpg

Edited by RICE RACING

This is the new scat back exhaust I am going to run form Megan Racing. Full 3" so wont hold back power :)

http://www.meganracing.com/products/product_detail.asp?prodid=220&catid=15

9282011182754060tf07a.jpg

92820111827175099tf07b.jpg

Sound is sick!@ build quality best of any Aftermarket FJ scat back around..... if it makes as much power to match its looks RICEFJ will fly!

0-100kmh time has improved to 7.12 seconds (115.02 meters)

run weight at test was 2040kg and rwkw peak was 178.85kw

ambient test condition 12c AIT 17c

AF in mid range 11.45:1 dropping down to 10.82:1

0-60mph for imperial units people is 6.77 seconds

Next round of testing will be with the exhaust fitted, should be a couple of weeks ;)

The average fuel consumption on this tank (40lt consumed), with a ton of performance testing (10 or more 0-100km tests and dozens of full load tests in 2nd and 3rd gear) at full power and some off road on the farm is a totally amazing 12.5lt/100km.

I have been keeping full fuel records since the day I bought the car and the total fuel consumption average is 11.3lt/100km over the last +3500km. The best figures I recorded on daily commute over 2 weeks was 10.3lt per 100km (2 x stop starts every day, I warm my car up) and live in hilly country +- 130m with some small in town stuff included, ave velocity over this covered distance (560km) was 64km/h, max velocity 115kmh.

Best absolute fuel economy on a highway only run is around 9lt per 100km distance, again recorded multiple times.

p.s. I ONLY use BP Ultimate fuel, nothing else, not even the dealership was allowed to fill my car off the truck! or drive it lol

Edited by RICE RACING

Well I did a run with the Denso IT2 hooked up and downloaded the data log, and I was 100% right! the factory ECU does indeed target stoich at two points in 1st gear only crazy stuff

Also of note is the on board AFR sensors DO NOT READ below 0.821 Lambda so they are totally useless to tune from. Also right about the ECU drowning the engine on the gear shift to save the Auto trans! 0.673 lambda!!! target by the ECU

densoit2fjcrusier0100km.jpg

Comparison of 2 different days runs. Also machine set to higher resolution for better data analysis on tuning parameters in bottom test. :itsok:

rrdonmeupmedon.jpg

Edited by RICE RACING

here is pics of the DON MEGA Mega Racing exhaust, this is quality! not your typical Bong Bros backyard mig welded mild aluminized steel crap you find in "exhaust shops" LOL!!!

img3529meganzu.jpg

img3522megan.jpg

img3510megan.jpg

img3499megan.jpg

img3493megan.jpg

img3491megan.jpg

img3473megan.jpg

img3471megan.jpg

The DON!

img3550rrdon.jpg

Taken from my RICEFJ page, after fitment of Megan Racing scat back 2.5" exhaust

Here is the fuel usage (or lack of!)

This includes the above video :) too, the economy is 100% better with the cat back (pleasant surprise). About 1lt less per 100km of equivalent driving style ............... WINNING!

Work n back cycle, consisting of highway and intown running and warm up cycles, also passing a few c7nts at full speed and a 0-100kmh test and a skid :)

24mpg for imperial units lovers

img3552eco.jpg

Edited by RICE RACING