cost of painting a car?

i was just wondering if someone knows roughly how much it cost to paint a silver car into a black matt, but just the outside (meaning without the inside of the doors, boot, engine bay)

ive been quoted $6000 cash in hand (without receipt) :blink:

sounds a bit expensive ... do you guys know how much i should be expecting for that kind of job?

thats what i have at the moment:

celicanew01-1.jpg

thats what i want to go for:

blacksilverbluesticker.jpg

Edited by frenchy

Repaint will range from $3k to $6k+. It depends on the paint you choose and is it custom? For $6k, i assume that is custom colour(very special, lotsaa "ingredient") and a very proper job. $6k should have receipt too, w/o it should be less.

Doesnt sound right...

Just hold it up and dig more Info...U can definitely get a better deal than that..

Edited by VF-X

can you tell us, what paint did u actually ask for? Just normal black with metalic? then i will cost u around $3.5k w/o receipt. If it is a midnight purple, baby blue, or rusty sh!t, then the price start to increase.

6k to spray the outside matt black????? dude its one colour no clear no metalic whatever happened to 2k inside and out

keep getting quotes

if your in sydney i know a few shops that might cut you a better deal

Mate, the pic looks more like satin black to me. 6k is a joke. I just bought 4L primer, reducer, hardener and 4L of satin black for $370 in 2pack. It doesnt require clear coat which will save them/you a heap of work painting, sanding, buffing. Just for outside, I wouldnt pay more than 2k for that kind of job. Remember the more you do yourself, the cheaper it will be. Check with the place first as some get funny about you doing prep work and they can alsways blame you if it turns out crap. Pulling panels off ect is easy though and helps out a bit.

Good luck with it. Honestly though, the silver looks great. If my paint looked that good, I wouldnt have even wasted $370 on paint.

It cost me to respray a holden hr $1500 for a no reciept cash job painted Blue and when i had a commodore wagon cost $5000 but that was at a spraypainter with reciept and included installing and painting of a vx clubsport bodykit as well. Look around you can do better especially in the city

Edited by 1rocky

6k with no receipt is way too much for any kind of black and silver, unless your getting some pearl.

i had a mate that got candy apple red for just over 4k with no receipts but his car is alot smaller, an swift gti.

yep, im in sydney, if you know a few panel beater, just let me know please. :help:

ive asked another panel beater this morning, he told me he cant do only the outside of the car, with him its a full job or nothing and he quoted me $10K for a full paint job !!! (including inside the doors, boots)

sounds still very expensive.

yep, im in sydney, if you know a few panel beater, just let me know please. :help:

ive asked another panel beater this morning, he told me he cant do only the outside of the car, with him its a full job or nothing and he quoted me $10K for a full paint job !!! (including inside the doors, boots)

sounds still very expensive.

hahahaha what a ******! please tell me you laughed at the guy cause i would have

two places you could try i dont have numbers but look them up they wont be hard to find

both around guildford/yennora area

Aline smash- ask for ken or sam youll find them on cann street guildford

or shalala smash on orchardleigh street tell them an ex western toyota employee refered you they should give you a better price

ive seen a few cars that come out of Aline and theyre unreal they do alot of commodores some of you would have seen them at autosalon at least once

Edited by T.J

• 1 month later...

I paid 2500 for mine.

But we knew the guy.

Its nothing special but its an excellent job.

Very smooth, no dry or oversprayed spots.

Adrian Camillo the guy.

Artist in werribee.

Had a few gallerys going around main st.

Excellent airbrusher.

Has a ***** heap painted crazy colours with glow in the dark paint.

6Ks is way tooo much...3.5ks is perhaps the average price esp in matt black...i would talk to a local body shop repairer...coz they would be more genuine!