Silly-Karr's Stable **PICTURES GALORE**

Silly-Karr

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the misso and I went down to Sandown Racecourse yesterday and checked out the Melbourne Leisurefest I have to admit it was like being a kid in a candy store. There was this one RV there that retailed for a mere $610k and it was one helluva RV. There were tents of all shapes, sizes and designs and all these recreational motorhomes but we were'nt really interested in those. Pity that no photography was allowed though because some of those were like 'wow'

Anyways it was a beautiful day yesterday and I though I would take the digi camera out for a whirl.

Also the Sportivo cracked the 60k mark so I'll be getting it serviced and stamped some time this week.

ENJOY!

DSC06683.jpg

DSC06685.jpg

DSC06687.jpg

DSC06694.jpg

DSC06695.jpg

Oh yeah Melbournians please respect the road rules:

DSC06691.jpg

Cheers

Luke

Edited by Silly-Karr

very nice Stivo. I like the eyelids and how you have Sportivo sticker over the left headlight for some reason :)

ooo So the Police have gone up a step... sesh such a nice Evo waiting for the Police to thrash :rolleyes:

very nice Stivo. I like the eyelids and how you have Sportivo sticker over the left headlight for some reason :)

Coz left is gangsta y0! Nah Im pretty sure its illegal but hey its just a sticker...

Oh yeah anybody wanna make me laugh? How much is the big T gonna sting me for a 60k service? Just curious as Im going to take it to my local Bridgestone to get it stamped aswell.

Looking good Silly-Karr! How come your Corolla looks like it sits so much lower on Kings Lows? or is it just the angle which you have taken the pics from?

Hey thanks and im not too sure to be honest... I think that to myself too but in that fourth pic i was kneeling down and trying to steady the camera on my knee so with that one you sort of see it on a neutral level or just maybe Im a tall ma'fokker?

Haha, maybe so! But the space between your tyres and the wheel arch seems so small.. awww now I wanna get kings lows too! You've inspired me! Only thing is I'm scared of is scraping on all sloped driveways. Anyways hot ride once again! Congrats, it's gone such a long way in such a small amount of time! =)

Haha, maybe so! But the space between your tyres and the wheel arch seems so small.. awww now I wanna get kings lows too! You've inspired me! Only thing is I'm scared of is scraping on all sloped driveways. Anyways hot ride once again! Congrats, it's gone such a long way in such a small amount of time! =)

I havent had any issues so far with scraping on steep driveways as yet but mind you it hasnt been driven more then 500 k's since it got lowered.

There is one thing to keep in mind and it freaks me out when new car owners do it. When they pull into a car spot and make half the front bumper hang over the footpath and thats when I think to myself, fark mang!!?!

With King Lows if I was to do it then say bye bye Mr Bumper.... I also drilled it into my missos head telling her not to park like that but she can park fairly well and always reverse parks too.

I say go for it and get King Lows and SILVABULLIT is the man to speak to aswell recommend him A1++

Cheers

Luke

Nice ryde! the lowered suspension really finishes the look of the car from the exterior, let alone the improved handling.. now to fit some 17's or 18's right? :P

anyways, not only are the street kerbs your problem.. what about speed bumps and those cement stoppers you find when parking at the shopping centres..

Nice ryde! the lowered suspension really finishes the look of the car from the exterior, let alone the improved handling.. now to fit some 17's or 18's right? :P

anyways, not only are the street kerbs your problem.. what about speed bumps and those cement stoppers you find when parking at the shopping centres..

Yeah the misso and I are thinking something along the lines of these in 18's... What do you guys reckon?

axis_penta_staggered1.jpg

Yeah and those pesky cement stoppers ftl!

Also the missus got some quotes for the 60k service and came back with varied prices:

Toyota Genuine: $250

Ultratune: $115

Bridgestone: $88 + $30 for wheel alignment

So were going to book it in to Bridgestone and also get a wheel alignment since its been over a week since the springs were installed.

I might look into getting some Whiteline goodies and seeing how Jadered and BKS got there front strut and rear sway for hell cheap I'll hit up Bursons and see where I can get a good deal like them guys. I want to spray the rear sway bar white so it will add to extra tuffness.

Cheers

Luke

Edited by Silly-Karr

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sportivo UPDATE: Well nothing much but after seeing Alex's moulded wing tips I think Im gonna get my asre into gear and get them on. Also hopefully I'll be getting a TRD rear swaybar and in other NEWS **EXTREME UPDATE!!**

Well after finally getting the cash together I have now got my hands on a Trueno sedan (Is that the proper name?) I bought it off a mate who was going to get it complied and rego'ed but he decided against it. It was imported from Japan a few months ago and still has all the papers. Apparently it was used exclusively for dorifto?!!?

It has currently got a blocked fuel filter and the fuel tank is out so I have to tend to them soonish.

I don't intend driving this around so everything that can be stripped and swapped over into my Sprinter will be swapped. The 'conversion' will be done hopefully in this order:

- Swap interior over, including EVO III and TRD bucket seat (not pictured still have to go pick them up)

- Remove 4A-GE and have it scrubbed up and painted looking mickey mouse

- Engine conversion which I believe is a Blue Top 4A-GE

- Swap driveline over, the rear is 2 way LSD disk brakes (very rusty rotors) and all the suspension goodies

Now since Im such a n00b Im going to swap the interior over into my Sprinter during this month and hopefully save enough moolah to get some more tools that I think I'll need for the conversion. I plan to have the engine cleaned up and painted and looking as good as new, if not better, so I can attack the conversion in February.

Here are the pics and ENJOY!

Luke

First arrival:

DSC07164.jpg

DSC07165.jpg

DSC07167.jpg

DSC07169.jpg

DSC07170.jpg

DSC07172.jpg

DSC07177.jpg

Haha yeah they are different but the rims come in pairs but I havent put them on yet. Theres meshies for the back and some sort of spoked rim on the front.

Yeah I wont be driving this thing at all its specifically a donor car.

• 5 months later...

Hey guys, spose its been awhile so heres what I've been up to.

In terms of the Sportivo nothing much really -

- Had the 70k service completed a couple of weeks ago

- Had an exhaust mount welded back up (was making a mad tapping noise)

- Due for brakes front/rear in about one months time

- Installed the Eurovox DVD/TV unit from my old GT4

To do -

- Install superlows in the rear

- Swap shifts around at work so I can attend the TOCAU national meet and then attend the JDM vs ADM soccer match.

But what I've been focusing on lately is the Sprinter build and I've taken heaps of pictures of the conversion/swap, for all to see, as I've gone along . If you want to follow the build more closely I regularly update my build here - luke86's Sprinter Project

So as of today Im at about 60% completion and plan to have it going in about 1-2 months time. In brief I have to get the following done,

- Clean up and paint rear 2way and install

- Swap fuel/brake lines and install braided brake lines, brake booster, master cylinder and wiper motor

- Clean up, paint and install EFI fuel tank

- Swap over better condition dash and interior, body and dash looms

Then from there it should be full steam ahead with the installation of engine, box, and tail shaft then just fix whatever comes up from there.

Well thats it for now so I guess I have my work cut out for me ay?

Cheers

Luke

• 1 month later...

i want more progress pics ;)...i hate reading through build threads and i get to the current date and its not done yet :( lol.....looking great mate...look forward to reading you r future posts