what can i do to improve the perfomance on my car

i currently have a 1zz with a Injen CAI and a freeflow exhaust system..i had headers on but had them removed as it made my car sound awful and too loud. what 'small' things can i do to make my car run better? any tips? tryd mods? thanks..

what 'small' things can i do to make my car run better? any tips? tryd mods? thanks..

The best value small thing I can think of is taking weight out of the car. Otherwise if you want some decent go the TRD supercharger is the path forward.

i also have a 1zz, and i think thats about as good as your going to get with out spend a large amount of cash.

i susgest go for some handeling mod's, or brake upgrade. thats what i'm heading towards. ;)

ps: TRD rear swaybar - best $200 i spent so far.

an engine is nothing more than a complicated air pump. air goes in...air goes out end of story.

BUT.....

if you want that air pump to work BETTER then you need to make it more efficient. things like longer duration cam timing/bigger fuel injectors/more fuel pressure/a more precise ignition curve/tighter engine tollerances will all help that air pump to work more efficently.

yes ok i hear you all say "but forced induction is BETTER" that may well be......but if your engine isnt up to scratch internally then it will all go south REALLY quick.

ohh...by the way....putting headers/extractors on your engine is part of the way there to make the engine more efficient. they help by removing the spent fuel/air by drawing the exhaust out of the cylinder. this is why they are in a 4/2/1 configuration. cylinders 1 and 3 are joined together as are 2 and 4. this is based on a 1342 firing order.

the next mod i would suggest is a good 2 1/4" to 2 1/2" exhaust system. forget those huge shiny lumps of crap they fit to the back of the car. they do bugger all for the engine....just **** factor. plus they attract the wrong sort of attention anyways.

cheers

why sPend so much money on ur 1zz when u can sell it and get a 2zz? :?

anyone tried fuel pressure regulator, racing spark plugs? cams?

Fuel pressure regulator will be of no use, as will the plugs. Cams will give good power, however to see the best from them you will need to raise redline and a 1zz doesn't come well equipped for that. Crower make 1zz cams, and I think Cat cams might have a profile.

power to weight ratio yes..

what all do you remove from the rolla to make it lighter?

I obviously can't say how clean your car is, but if you have a build up of random junk that's a good place to start. Otherwise you can remove interior trim when you want better power to weight ratio for track days.

anyone tried fuel pressure regulator

this aint gonna help u at all as ur fuel pressure will be constant since u have a fuel reg in the fuel pump housing.

unless ur planning on going F/I then thats a different story

if u want ur 1zz to go faster time to start talking F/I ;)

if you want that air pump to work BETTER then you need to make it more efficient. things like longer duration cam timing/bigger fuel injectors/more fuel pressure/a more precise ignition curve/tighter engine tollerances will all help that air pump to work more efficently.

yes ok i hear you all say "but forced induction is BETTER" that may well be......but if your engine isnt up to scratch internally then it will all go south REALLY quick.

ohh...by the way....putting headers/extractors on your engine is part of the way there to make the engine more efficient. they help by removing the spent fuel/air by drawing the exhaust out of the cylinder. this is why they are in a 4/2/1 configuration. cylinders 1 and 3 are joined together as are 2 and 4. this is based on a 1342 firing order.

the next mod i would suggest is a good 2 1/4" to 2 1/2" exhaust system. forget those huge shiny lumps of crap they fit to the back of the car. they do bugger all for the engine....just **** factor. plus they attract the wrong sort of attention anyways.

cheers

agreed ^^^ but getting cams and getting it set up/tuned correctly is not cheap,

some thing cheap, would be heat wraping your exhaust and your CAI, and even this may cost you about $100, and give you min gains, if any.

as for launches i have no LSD and launch at about 3500-4000rpm, and depending on tyres it shouldn't bog down.