Camry Eyelids

Sweety

I found some eyelids for my camry sportivo that I can get from the U.S for $60 including postage.

Apparently because they are moulded to fit and extend further down the headlight, over the ridge, they dont lift.

Ummm I'm not really sure what you're getting at here.

Are you saying that because these eyelids cover more of the headlight they are going to attach to the headlight better than other eyelids??

Most eyelids are just attached with 3mm automotive double sided tape.

If they come with cheep double sided tape they are going to lift, if they come with quality proffesional double sided tape they will stick no matter how big or small they are.

Not really getting at anything. I know a few people who have lost their eyelids regardless of what they have stuck them down with short of locktight super glue. Whether they havent fitted them properly I dont know.

I actually said APPARENTLY they stay on better, I didnt say they did. I figured people whould give their opinions on what they thought. Whether they thought they would stay on better or whether they thought they looked ok. Guess I need to be more specific in what I type.

Not really getting at anything. I know a few people who have lost their eyelids regardless of what they have stuck them down with short of locktight super glue. Whether they havent fitted them properly I dont know.

I actually said APPARENTLY they stay on better, I didnt say they did. I figured people whould give their opinions on what they thought. Whether they thought they would stay on better or whether they thought they looked ok. Guess I need to be more specific in what I type.

Oh sorry I wasn't intending to sound rude, I just wasn't sure of what point you where trying to make :)

I don't think the size would really make much difference in how well they stay fitted .

Thats cool..I shouldnta bit back and shoulda explained myself better. :)

Regardless of which ones I get I will just make sure they are fitted on properly.

Thanks for your input to. :D

I love eyelids, makes the front end look a lot better with such a simple mod...

I've got some for mine, been sitting in my room for about 2 years now...

Still gotta open the packet and get them painted lol...

LOL...wow, 2 years. Im lucky to be able to wait 2 minutes to get something new on my car once i've bought it.

Yeh I love em too. You definately should get them on. Cant wait for mine to get here. :D

Thats fair enough Rolla Boy. I only have one car to work on so I guess that why im so keen.

Anyway the eyelids are on their way from the U.S so will post a photo when they are painted and on. :)

Eyelids are purely cosmetic, but like sweety said, they do look pretty alright on most cars, if i could get a decent sert for my gen4, id have them in a heartbeat

yea

same

someone find some for the gen4's? cuz man no one has them...or makes them!

i think theyd look a tad silly on a gen 5, considering the lights are already tear-drop shaped

Cool..everyones entitled to their opinion. Be a pretty boring world if we all thought the same.

Also Wixy I had a look for the Gen 4 where im getting mine from but no luck. Sorry. :)

Eyelids are purely cosmetic, but like sweety said, they do look pretty alright on most cars, if i could get a decent sert for my gen4, id have them in a heartbeat

yea

same

Yankee ebay always has em

Just be sure when ordering to get them for the gen4.5 because American gen4 have different headlights to us and there 4.5 is a closer match to our headlights.

They may need a little modifying to fit right.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CARBON-FIBE...emZ150268367927

yea

same

Just be sure when ordering to get them for the gen4.5 because American gen4 have different headlights to us and there 4.5 is a closer match to our headlights.

fwar thanks heaps relish!

just wondering though, the link to sent me, the headlights look like a ones from a honda tegie! or should i pm him and ask specifically for the 4.5gen/2002 camry?

yea

same

fwar thanks heaps relish!

just wondering though, the link to sent me, the headlights look like a ones from a honda tegie! or should i pm him and ask specifically for the 4.5gen/2002 camry?

They use that image head for all their listings of eyelids regardless of make model ect.

Towards the middle of the page theres a template image of what the Camry eyelids look like :)

man

i tell ya

the one time i want to purchase something overseas in u.s, our dollar decides to ***** itself by about 6cents. wot is going on!

bloody....

as soon as the rba announced there wasnt going to be a rate increase, greedy pricks o/s decide to pull out of AUD, which makes conversion weaker! arhg!

but anyway, i think i'll get the Polyurethane eyelids, seeing their alot less expensive, and ive got a white camry so i really dont need carbon fibre ones.

thanks for the link relish!

cheers