rattle in dash

BONDIE

Just had my 2008 SX6 in for one day to have the dash rattle fixed. They installed the Toyota kit (Clips) and it's now as good as new!

My Toyota dealer loaned me a new (8k) IS250 Lexus which had more rattles than my SX6 does now - so I am very happy with the outcome, though it took a lot of pushing to get them to recognise the problem in the first place.

BTW This was in NZ so doesn't help wioth the original thread request, but just wanted to say the fix is worth the wait :D

----------------

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just had my 2008 SX6 in for one day to have the dash rattle fixed. They installed the Toyota kit (Clips) and it's now as good as new!

My Toyota dealer loaned me a new (8k) IS250 Lexus which had more rattles than my SX6 does now - so I am very happy with the outcome, though it took a lot of pushing to get them to recognise the problem in the first place.

BTW This was in NZ so doesn't help wioth the original thread request, but just wanted to say the fix is worth the wait :D

----------------

Wha??? A Lexus as a loaner from a Toyota dealer? Lucky!

The local Merc dealer didn't even give us one when we brought in our M-class in for servicing!

Man, I must consider migrating to NZ (I mean, you guys can import any JDM car as you like!)

Edited by ToyotaFreak

Wha??? A Lexus as a loaner from a Toyota dealer? Lucky!

The local Merc dealer didn't even give us one when we brought in our M-class in for servicing!

Man, I must consider migrating to NZ (I mean, you guys can import any JDM car as you like!)

Hehehe, I was pleased too. How it happened was I wrote to Toyota New Zealand and complained about the service I was receiving with regard to the rattle in the dash.

I also demanded to only deal with the Service Manager at the dealers and as a result they were bending over to help me (or get me out of their hair)

Anyway I was very happy with the service I finally got - and the result.

The Lexus was a bit of a let down. The 2.5l V6 is no where near as grunty as the Aurions (I know it's 1000cc bigger) and the 6 speed box didn't seem as comfortable in the Lexus as the Aurion.

It had all the toys but I was glad to get back into my "rattle free" Aurion.

I travel over to OZ a lot, I am from Melbourne and have family in NSW. By comparrison we do have access to better late model Jap and Euro second hand cars at prices a lot less than in OZ.

The spec's of the cars imported into NZ are a lot higher also. having said that the prices have been going up over the last couple of years as the UK gets into Jap imports and makes the supply less.

New cars in OZ are cheaper than here. My Aurion SX6 with Bluetooth, Towbar, Tow electrics, Upholstery Protection, Darkest legal Tints, Stone front/bonnet protection and 5 year warranty with 24mth free servicing was NZ$39500

That equates to about AUS$43,500

----------------

• 1 month later...

Hi all, Had my 30,000 service done yesterday total cost $460.00. On top of the normal service this included adjusting the tow (toe) to reduce the pull to the left which is now gone yay. They als oid a full emulsions flush or something like that becuase it had been 12000 k's between service.

In regards to the dash rattle: They have told me they take the whole dash out and are adding a lining to the mounting which pushes the dash up a little. Whatever they did after driving around last night for a solid hour on various road conditions the rattle has gone!!!

One other thing: in removing the dash, the brooke the radio cable, so now they have to do it all again!

cheers all

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys

I've always read past this topic, never read it till now as i never though i had a rattle in the dash. But tonight my dad took my car and noticed it.. <_<

So i'am planning to take my car in this week to get it sorted, still need to call up and book an appointment.

PaulMT: A Lexus IS250 rental car? OMG.. lucky *****, wish they were lent out cars at my Toyota dealership haha :lol:

Hi all, Had my 30,000 service done yesterday total cost $460.00. On top of the normal service this included adjusting the tow (toe) to reduce the pull to the left which is now gone yay. They als oid a full emulsions flush or something like that becuase it had been 12000 k's between service.

In regards to the dash rattle: They have told me they take the whole dash out and are adding a lining to the mounting which pushes the dash up a little. Whatever they did after driving around last night for a solid hour on various road conditions the rattle has gone!!!

One other thing: in removing the dash, the brooke the radio cable, so now they have to do it all again!

cheers all

Hi ZR, I have a Presara that has had the Dash Creaking since new. It has now done 7k and been 4 times for fixing. In the end they told me a new dash had to be ordered from Japan as none of the other fixes worked. New Dash went in today and guess what? The CREAKING is still there. Can you give me the name of your Service Dept so I can contact them and maybe get a few clues for my service department as the problem is now giving me severe stress.

Thanks Mate!

I am taking my car in for its 7500km service on wed, and to get the rattle looked at too. I will see how they go, hopefully they fix it. But by the sounds of it i doubt it.

Good Luck Marc, let us know how you go as I am sure some of the fixes are successful. Also see if you can find out the fix.

Cheers

cheers all

Hi ZR, I have a Presara that has had the Dash Creaking since new. It has now done 7k and been 4 times for fixing. In the end they told me a new dash had to be ordered from Japan as none of the other fixes worked. New Dash went in today and guess what? The CREAKING is still there. Can you give me the name of your Service Dept so I can contact them and maybe get a few clues for my service department as the problem is now giving me severe stress.

Thanks Mate!

Happy to provide the details although i am In WA so might not help you! try Jonathan at Melville Toyota jonathan@melvilletoyota.com.au

Had my dash fixed twice and then a new rattle started. They pulled it out for a third time and found the main metal beam that everything is bolted to has a sort of telescopic section. When the interior temperature rises through parking in the sun, the metal expands on the outer section of the telescopic beam then the inside piece rattles. They will pull out dash for the fourth time when the part comes in, probably two more weeks. It sounds like a bolt bobbying around in a plastic mug. 4 times dash out........Top that!

See attached picture of suspect part.

post-6135-1222841216_thumb.jpg

Thanks for that. I'll give him a ring anyway just to find out what they did.

cheers all

Thanks Mate!

Happy to provide the details although i am In WA so might not help you! try Jonathan at Melville Toyota jonathan@melvilletoyota.com.au

Ok I took my car in for its service and told them about the rattle. The guy knew straight away where the rattle was coming from, and told me that they knew the fix and it would take a whole day to fix. So I have to go and book it in again.

I think its a good sign that they knew what I was talking about.

Ok I took my car in for its service and told them about the rattle. The guy knew straight away where the rattle was coming from, and told me that they knew the fix and it would take a whole day to fix. So I have to go and book it in again.

That means they'll be taking the dash out. Just check when you get it back, that they haven't damaged the A Pillars. mine were damaged at the bottom and quite grubby. they replaced next time it went in. good Luck and keep us posted......Cheers

That means they'll be taking the dash out. Just check when you get it back, that they haven't damaged the A Pillars. mine were damaged at the bottom and quite grubby. they replaced next time it went in. good Luck and keep us posted......Cheers

Which one are the A pillars, ive gotta get mine fixed next week, they finally got my parts in.

Which one are the A pillars, ive gotta get mine fixed next week, they finally got my parts in.

The 'A' pillars are on either side of your windscreen. 'B' pillars are the ones separating the front and back doors, and 'C' pillars are the ones on either side of your rear window.

That's what you were asking right?

The 'A' pillars are on either side of your windscreen. 'B' pillars are the ones separating the front and back doors, and 'C' pillars are the ones on either side of your rear window.

That's what you were asking right?

Yeah maann, thanks brav. Im good with my hands, but technical names and sh*t, I dont fair to well, usually refer to things as that thingy-a-bob next to, the hoover-dacky behind the. ........

"Im not a smart-man jennaaaaay"

Cheers, ill keep an eye out when they do my job next week.

Thats for the heads up, I will keep an eye out for that. The manager of the service dept at my dealer seems on the ball, he notices problems on his own. He got a shudder in my car fixed and I overheard him telling another customer about something he noticed when he was driving the car into the lot.

Just had the dash rattle in our Aurion fixed at Stewart Toyota Rockdale Sydney, where we bought the car.

They had preordered whatever clips they needed to replace. Seems to be a standard fix now that is known to Toyota. It helped that when I booked it in they had an Aurion in that day that they were fixing the rattle in.

Dash rattle is gone. Hope it lasts.

Update: I got my rattle fixed by LeMans Toyota in Footscray. Its all good, I am happy with their service as they always do things with a smile. One problem is that I reckon they forgot to plug the thermostat back up in the climate control unit when they put it back together. It blows out hot air when I set the temp to 18 degrees lol.

• 2 weeks later...
Update: I got my rattle fixed by LeMans Toyota in Footscray. Its all good, I am happy with their service as they always do things with a smile. One problem is that I reckon they forgot to plug the thermostat back up in the climate control unit when they put it back together. It blows out hot air when I set the temp to 18 degrees lol.

Well I'm very envious of all you guys that have had your dash rattle successfully fixed. happy for you but envious because mine still creaks and rattles even after a new dash was sent from Japan. It seems that this is a major problem with Camrys all over the World and I managed to get hold of a Toyota Tecnical Bulletin from the USA called NV008-07 which covers the fix. I'll give this to my Toyota Dealer to see if this is the fix that they carried out. If anyone wants a copy, just let me know........Cheers

.... I managed to get hold of a Toyota Tecnical Bulletin from the USA called NV008-07 which covers the fix. I'll give this to my Toyota Dealer to see if this is the fix that they carried out. If anyone wants a copy, just let me know........Cheers

Can you scan it and post to here?