OMG: Mechanic hoons wasted my Monaro

As i work for a dealership i will tell you what you get for your money.

Apprentices working on your car..alone

Your car being used to pick up lunches

Your car used to rob bits from to get other cars out if needed

Your car being fitted with the parts from someone elses car if required

Enuf said...they are not all like that..but the 3 i have worked at previously were and my current one is now

record your kms on drop off.

note the fuel level

mark your oil filter with a felt tip pen

insist on a walk around with the service adviser and get the jobcard signed off that you do not have any scratches/damage

ask to see the old parts they replaced

these are a few simple things that may protect your pride and joy and you are well within your rights to do so

and dont be afraid to stand your ground

Dealerships work off CSI ratings (customer satifaction index)

A bad CSI report from you costs them money...a good one makes them money.

This is why you get the survey tag hung on your mirror to fill in

dont want to be full of doom and gloom but it may help someone somehow someday

cheers

ahhhhh the joys of having everything non dealer genuine & supplied by me ...... and of having total control over the ECU works a treat to making sure its all sorted properly

same goes for tyres to make sure they get rotated

I had heard with the oil filter that it is an idea to put your initials other wise "we put that mark on it when we were doing stocktake, of course it was changed over"

Your car used to rob bits from to get other cars out if needed

Your car being fitted with the parts from someone elses car if required

I can vouch for this one my brother in-law was shocked to find the passenger side scuff plate missing from his HSV after he dropped it off for a service, they had used it on some one else car

record your kms on drop off.

note the fuel level

insist on a walk around with the service adviser and get the jobcard signed off that you do not have any scratches/damage

ask to see the old parts they replaced

thanks for the heads up guys.. i'll be booking my car for service in the next two weeks and the above insider info certainly helps..

i vote for this to be pinned.. :toast:

Any of the Brissie boys have a place to recommend for Corolla Sportivo services?

I've had nothing but good from Lexus Indro. From memory Azza doesn't get along with them :lol:

Its not just dealerships that take your car on joy rides, car washes are good at this too. They'll take any car for a thrash, doesn't even have to be a good car, drifting Hi-Luxes anyone :lol:

Somebody told me about this on the weekend after they noticed my company car was from Heartland.... feel free to take my Omega for a flog boys, I'll take a new one after you flip it over someone's front garden hahahahaha

Somebody told me about this on the weekend after they noticed my company car was from Heartland.... feel free to take my Omega for a flog boys, I'll take a new one after you flip it over someone's front garden hahahahaha

way to go!

this is why i will never take any cars i own to a dealership... basic servicing i do myself and get my brothers mate to sign the log book for me or i take my car to the mechanic up the road or to my brothers mate depending how quick i want the work to be done.

I try and do as much as i can myself. At least if i miss up i can blame no one else but me!

Edited by Cappuccino

Thats ******!!

once I took the rolla in for a service at Canberra Toyota in Phillip and the two apprentices where waiting there to take the car away, and they were fighting and pushing each other too see who would drive my car, I drove off, so not having a bar of that ****...

Holy Crap!

When i used to work at the Car Wash at eh werribee plaza the older blokes who admired some cars would do the same thing but take it for a drive around the plaza.

I remember this one time (AT BAND CAMP!) LOL. Na at work when we had this Chevy ute truck thing like the lowered moddded Hiluxes that all have airbags! You know the ones!

This canadian guy would not let anyone else touch it to clean(vacuum and do windows) on this car and when he got in the car to drive it into the wash bay he took it in the other direction and didnt come back for at least 20 mins!

No body knew where or what he did.

And sad thing was the boss didnt care!

And another thing real dodgy was the young guys with no licence (im talking Ls) No Ls. No Ps. Would be allowed to take cars out of car parks and into the wash bay.

One time Me being on my Ls was asked to move a Really beautiful Merc 2 door compressor. WHile the owner was in the cafe watching!

I never trust anyone with my car!

Not even my MOTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whenever I drop my car to someone and don't really trust / know them... I or mates or family members do drive bys to make sure the car is not being used inappropriately. But yeah now days though I got mates who are in the right trades... so I just go to them... :D Good to know who you know because they come in handy when you need something :)

but yeah that's just wacked. Those involved should be dismissed from their job.

That news article just kills to read, poor *****.

The Sportivo is the newest car I have had for a while and therefore want to take to dealer for service to keep log books stamped.

Lucky my mate works at keema and will service my car in his own time. That way I only pay for parts.

I am very fussy with other people working on my car. Whenever i get exhausts done, I will sit in waiting room keeping an eye out for up to 5 hours sometimes.

That is really poor to hear...

I agree that the car could be involved in an accident as soon as it leaves the dealership driveway, accidents happen and not always your fault...

But they shouldn't have had the accident in the first place, done the runner or lied to the customer...

In reply to the post about dealerships abusing vehicles, it could be true at some dealers but at mine, we never use the customers car for lunch runs, part runs or anything like that, workshop ute is for all those requirements... Also, parts are never taken off cars to fix others...

I'd hate to be working at a dealership with that behind them...

im not surprised with these type of news..... the workers there should sign an agreement paper, when he/she take out a car for test drive after servicing , would be liable for any damages,etc...

a mate of mine work for mercedes benz, and they too have put the wrong rims on the wrong car LOL

I just hate how people think "its not their cars " attitude!

Edited by leasaunce