TOCAU ANNUAL MEET

I'm from queensland, i haven't purchased any cold gear in two years.

I think from memory I have a bonds singlet somewhere for when it's really cold

whitestivo

i'll loan you a blanket for your knees mate. ;)

yeah for sure andy....looking forward to the cruise.....curse the black ice i dont want that at all lol

what is black ice?

Evo

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

what is black ice?

When there is thin ice on the road but it's not something you can see that easily. Not fun to drive over that.

Oh boy... lucky my car warms up quick and has a good heater. I don't mind cool weather, but seems like it's going to be freezing when I get there.

Took my car a whole 10KMs before it finally warmed up and the heater is decent. I know what my next mod is gonna be ............ :whistling:

Theres a chance some of the roads we may want to cruise on may be closed at the last minute due to either Black ice, or snow.

Mt Donna Buang has a reputation for freezing up.

there are plenty more options for a cruise if this is the case... i know Guan is ITCHING to go to Korumburra again.... we can go the long way mate ;)

Cruise route 2.

theres a great pub here that do a mad shnitzel too.

whaddya reckon melbournians... those who have done BOTH sections of this road will appreciate.

1 word ..... f@rk yeah!! :yahoo:

yeah for sure andy....looking forward to the cruise.....curse the black ice i dont want that at all lol

Should the QLD boys invest in chains? :P

Black ice is always good for a laugh when people walk on it, especially out front of Christchurch airport. All those tired unsuspecting passengers :lol:

Hahaha well, snow gear might be a bit OTT..Although! It was -1 in Bendigo overnight and we haven't even gotten into May yet, so it looks like June is going to be pretty cold! Thank god for car heaters heheheh Guess we better let 'em all get warmed up before embarking on the cruise. Second cruise route looks pretty good, can't say I've ever been in either direction so will be nice to experience something new.

Is the National meet advertised anywhere? or is it just a TOC and word of mouth thing?

Just trying to get an idea of numbers and cars and stuff.

My 1st one and cant wait :D

Is the National meet advertised anywhere? or is it just a TOC and word of mouth thing?

I've posted the meet on www.rollaclub.com and www.twincam.info

these are the forums i am most active on, apart from here.

generally toyotas only would be the best.

I've advertised on JZX100.com but no interest there really. Maybe we'll see some tagalongs for the cruise.

WOOHOO 28 days to go..

Why isnt the attendance list getting longer? :(

Also about the CB's,do most people have UHF?or just AM CB

WOOHOO 28 days to go..

UHF radios mate... AM is sooo last century dude!

the attendance list isnt getting any longer... you're right...

increase your odds of winning a prize though doesnt it.

i have no problem with other toyota's coming along the more the merrier.......but i also think trophies and prizes should be only limited to people with-in our club especially if there's a huge outcome at the show and shine. i think that's only fair

i have no problem with other toyota's coming along the more the merrier.......but i also think trophies and prizes should be only limited to people with-in our club especially if there's a huge outcome at the show and shine. i think that's only fair

I disagree, i believe that if there is a car there that is a toyota, at toyota head quarters, on a toyota meet, that is outstanding, it deserves a prize... perhaps it could be a non members prize.

i just want more cars, attendees to participate... so far theres 30 odd.. and more would be merrier.

WOOHOO 28 days to go..

UHF radios mate... AM is sooo last century dude!

the attendance list isnt getting any longer... you're right...

increase your odds of winning a prize though doesnt it.

:lol::lol::lol:

Last century :lol: ,just wondering what others have. Ihave them both on anyway,one AM & an FM..

just a reminder for the QLD'ers, if your passing thru Sydney and need a place to crash O/N, my door is open :)

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to announce the Cruise route Pre Run over the weekend was a success and the roads are all clear with no road works.

Lunch is a set menu from the Austral Pub in Korumburra, and expect to pay around $20 for your meal... you wont be dissappointed. Great Food!!!

please download and take alook at the map and guide here.

Annual Meet Cruise Guide

Also in order to have some trophies for the Show and SHine and anyother event for the weekend, we're going to ask for a $5 donation from the attendees for the weekend.

This will get you a show bag full of goodies, And entry into the Show and Shine to Win some great car care products from Sellys Turtle Wax ICE car accessories.

Please bring your Purple ladies too the meet and Greet on the Saturday Morning to recieve your entry forms and show bags.

regards

Andy.

VIC

1. BKS

2. Guni

3. Jaderd

4. Kolourhero

5. thegourou20

6. Mopp (as if I would miss it)

7. lateralus (about 93% sure)

8. Jaems

9. TOYTRD

10. akuma (pm for taxi service from airport)

11. Ravvvie:)

12. osodvs

13. m_luke - it's been too long... (Nice choice for the cruise route)

14. RME1 (Dinner)

NSW.

1. xoom

2.M_M

3.Tats

4.Big Pete

5. JVN11L

QLD

1. Northy

2. DJKOR

3. Silvabullit (not 100% but about 80%)

4. Evo7

5. SuperDave

6. whitestivo

SA/WA.

1. (WA) trdsaads

Noob Suggestion: Would a car wash fit some where in the itinerary? That way you could go straight to photo locations afterwards?

any of the qld guys any closer on deciding on accommodation

still waiting to see.

whitestivo

dont wait too long mate... could be worth you taking the step and organising it for everyone else... its 3.5 weeks away and a Long weekend....

I'd be ringing around yesterday!

Hey BKS that all looks fantastic, you've done an absolutely ace job in putting it all together. I'm assuming from the doco you mean 350km round trip? Not going to be a problem for the 'yota's! $5 donation is not a problem, seems more than fair for all the events & goodies that are being put together. Is this required before the meet or is payment on the day acceptable? If not, how do I go about donating?

Hey BKS that all looks fantastic, you've done an absolutely ace job in putting it all together. I'm assuming from the doco you mean 350km round trip? Not going to be a problem for the 'yota's! $5 donation is not a problem, seems more than fair for all the events & goodies that are being put together. Is this required before the meet or is payment on the day acceptable? If not, how do I go about donating?

Payment on the day will be excellent, and a whole lot easier to manage.

spot on with the distance... should be no problem for anyones car thats made it all the way down from QLD to melbs...

if all my little plans come to fruition the show bags will be easily be worth $20 odd bucks... but i just want to make sure we can cover the cost of the Trophies which i will need to buy,.. UNLESS... there is a TOCAU slush fund for such a thing...

Payment on the day will be excellent, and a whole lot easier to manage.

spot on with the distance... should be no problem for anyones car thats made it all the way down from QLD to melbs...

if all my little plans come to fruition the show bags will be easily be worth $20 odd bucks... but i just want to make sure we can cover the cost of the Trophies which i will need to buy,.. UNLESS... there is a TOCAU slush fund for such a thing...

Awesome job with everything mate.....route looks good. yea $5 donation sounds fine sure everyone will be sweet with it

not long now :)