• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thanks guys....

its coming together really nicely...

may be looking to get some deposits taken for dinner on the friday or saturday...

lookign at The Garage Cafe for a meal.. but to hire the joint we need to guarantee the $$$$ over the till.

need a MIN of 30 people to spend $60 odd bucks.... is it werth persuing this idea?????????

http://garagecafe.com.au/function.html

i guess i only speak for myself and a local who hasnt had travel costs but i would be willing......any decent place will sting you $30 for a main.....you expect to pay that.....add afew beers (need to drive etc) then a coffee or something and there is your $60 approx

Andy did they mentione that they would want us to spend around 1800 $ to warrant closing it off to others and having it solely for TOCAU ? i reckon thats fair...but once again i havent spend X amount getting to melb and accomo etc

Cheers guys

Edited by jaderd

actually on second thoughts looking at there menu it may be hard to spend 60$ each without drinking heaps.....most items on menu are $10-$15 and max around $20. thats afew beers and coffees to add to $60 a head for 30 ppl.....i guess all us melbourne could bring our partners to try and bump up numbers......oh and Guni that does not mean gremo can come along.....sorry.....would be hygiene issues ;)

actually on second thoughts looking at there menu it may be hard to spend 60$ each without drinking heaps.....most items on menu are $10-$15 and max around $20. thats afew beers and coffees to add to $60 a head for 30 ppl.....i guess all us melbourne could bring our partners to try and bump up numbers......oh and Guni that does not mean gremo can come along.....sorry.....would be hygiene issues ;)

If you grab all the expensive stuff from the entrees, mains and deserts it can bump the price up to $30. If drinking import beers the remaining $30 will only buy 4 beers.

I can't speak for everyone else though, especially M_M as there would need to be a special arrangements for their children; I am yet to see a kid eat $60 of food in one hit.

I'm sure there is good pho down there, everyone loves pho :D And Laksa

true true, if mark drinks while we are there i can do the driving home. but if you guys bring your partners like jarrod said then it would be a lot less we need to spend per head. $45 each if theres 40 of us all up. and $36 each of theres 50 of us.

menu is great!!!

theres 11 of you from melb.....so 22 ppl if u bring one person each.

theres 12 of us coming down from qld/syd/wa ....thats only 34 ppl...........im sure u guys can round up another 15 melbourians to come to a saturday night dinner??.........also have we checked if they are booked that night?

If you grab all the expensive stuff from the entrees, mains and deserts it can bump the price up to $30. If drinking import beers the remaining $30 will only buy 4 beers.

I can't speak for everyone else though, especially M_M as there would need to be a special arrangements for their children; I am yet to see a kid eat $60 of food in one hit.

I'm sure there is good pho down there, everyone loves pho :D And Laksa

dave we going there alone..........kids are staying in sydney with nanna :D there will only be 2 of us :D and im sure mark can drink 4 beers easy that toblerone cocktail seems yummy too...im sure 1 cocktail for me wont hurt and i could still drive home under the limit :D

i'm not prepared to make the booking with out seeing the comittment from people here... the last thing we want is to be left having to cover the short fall from people whodecide tro pull out or not turn up... or whatever.

the garage cafe would be booked out soley for the TOCAU meet... and as you can see parking wont be an issue ;)

I'll make some phone calls today and speak to the manager...

;)

yeah cheers andy....i know myself over a 2-3 hour period i will only have 3 standard drinks and drive to be safe etc......but either way im sweet...im sure i can spend 60$ on alot of food and some beer....like andy said though as long as 20-30 arent stuck covering a 1800 $ min tab :blink:

yeah cheers andy....i know myself over a 2-3 hour period i will only have 3 standard drinks and drive to be safe etc......but either way im sweet...im sure i can spend 60$ on alot of food and some beer....like andy said though as long as 20-30 arent stuck covering a 1800 $ min tab :blink:

could we possibly just reserve a table of 20?....that way no one gets left with the tab and we can order as much or little as we like?

My opinion is if we can reserve a table of X amount and reserve all the parking spots inside that would be pretty sweet...anyways just throwing an idea plz don't kill me for that! :-D LOL

My opinion is if we can reserve a table of X amount and reserve all the parking spots inside that would be pretty sweet...anyways just throwing an idea plz don't kill me for that! :-D LOL

/stabby stabby

nar, sounds like a plan. BTW, i'll be wining the best car entry for the show and shine with tat's car after last years poor effort (2nd, what a load of pish!)

The Turtle sponsorship is absolutely fantastic, big kudos to you for organising it Andy! I'm really going to have to hone my detailing skills before I get down there. As for the $60 a head, I don't reckon I would eat/drink that much personally, mainly due to the standard drinks then driving thing. I did like the idea though that if we could just book a table for a set number, rather than paying to book out the entire venue. Most restaurants always serve the bigger groups first anyway even if there are other customers. And then as M_M said people can spend however much they want too, and if we get all the parking spots then that's a bonus too!

Edited by Tash

are ou driving down evan?

nah man, flights booked and everything :D

i don't wanna have to show you all up LOL :P

im kidding about all this ^ LOL :lol:

Evo

Its a Toyota weekend and looking forward to it..Your ideas and plans sound good to me BKS. Iam in,i just need a final itinerary when done to

squeeze in a car wash after the drive down.

Also thanks thegourou for the eTag info :)

If we dont need one for the cruise then i wont bother,i know my way around the city...

Its a Toyota weekend and looking forward to it..Your ideas and plans sound good to me BKS. Iam in,i just need a final itinerary when done to

squeeze in a car wash after the drive down.

Also thanks thegourou for the eTag info :)

If we dont need one for the cruise then i wont bother,i know my way around the city...

yeah mate... if you're driving down to arrive on the Friday... you have all Sat Morning for a wash and clean up before the BBQ and SHow and SHine on the saturday.

pending where you are staying... i'll let you know a car wash near by to head to.

:)

the latest list :

1. BKS

2. Guni

3. Jaderd

4. Kolourhero

5. thegourou20

6. Mopp (as if I would miss it)

7. lateralus (about 93% sure)

8. Jaems

9. TOYTRD

10. akuma (pm for taxi service from airport)

11. Ravvvie:)

12. osodvs

NSW.

1. xoom

2.M_M

3.Tats

4.Big Pete

5. JVN11L

QLD

1. Northy

2. DJKOR

3. Silvabullit (not 100% but about 80%)