the great debate

goppy

will changing the rims on an aurion to 19" increase or decrease ride smoothness?

if you have changed your wheels allready please let me know if you think its worth it and what sort of rims you have?

thanks goppy

will changing the rims on an aurion to 19" increase or decrease ride smoothness?

if you have changed your wheels allready please let me know if you think its worth it and what sort of rims you have?

thanks goppy

They will decrease the smoothness, but if you get a good low profile tyre you will hardly know the difference, espically because your looking at 19's. I had Toyo's and they were alot smoother than Nankangs. Only due to fit my 20's properly, i had to change them to nankangs.

Go 20's, the price range wont be that more, and it will be a bigger rim that will still fit with the right tyre. Although if you get a 19inch with alot of surface on the face of the rim and with a little dish, it will give the illusion of looking bigger. The deepeer the dish the smaller the rim looks from the side of the car. Then again if you lower your vehicle, the car will make your rims look bigger.

Ive had 22"s with huge dish and they seriously looked like 19's because of the illusion, the dish was giving off.

There is heaps of Sh*t to consider when buying new rims for ya beast.

Different rims suits different cars. A sic looking set of rims wont always look good on every car.

Goodluck buddy.

thanks goppy

They will decrease the smoothness, but if you get a good low profile tyre you will hardly know the difference, espically because your looking at 19's. I had Toyo's and they were alot smoother than Nankangs. Only due to fit my 20's properly, i had to change them to nankangs.

Go 20's, the price range wont be that more, and it will be a bigger rim that will still fit with the right tyre. Although if you get a 19inch with alot of surface on the face of the rim and with a little dish, it will give the illusion of looking bigger. The deepeer the dish the smaller the rim looks from the side of the car. Then again if you lower your vehicle, the car will make your rims look bigger.

Ive had 22"s with huge dish and they seriously looked like 19's because of the illusion, the dish was giving off.

Different rims suits different cars. A sic looking set of rims wont always look good on every car.

Goodluck buddy.

Thanks for that.... Was scared that 20s wouldn't fit ... The wheels I am really liking are destino deluxe rims 19" by 8.5" ....will find a photo and post up

thanks goppy

Goodluck buddy.

Thanks for that.... Was scared that 20s wouldn't fit ... The wheels I am really liking are destino deluxe rims 19" by 8.5" ....will find a photo and post up

Just be careful with the 20's have been looking for mags currently and some people are telling me it's illigal to have them fitted and some are saying it's all good as long as the height and load rating are correct... Bondie do you know what the rules are up in QLD

The TRD's come with 19s standard, the ride quality is still quite good

the biggest change is probably tyre noise though, and sever bumps in the road, otherwise it rides fine on decent roads :)

Just one problem .. Trds are made to have 19s to experice what I'm talkin about it would be like u upgradeing to 21s .. As tivos come with 17s

Goppy

I'm thinking hard about those BMW ten spoke replicas since they look mad on the beemers and I gather should look cool on my Aurion too make it look even more like a expensive cruiser!

the ones i want are the destino deluxe ones ... are u talkin about these? http://www.anzwheels.com.au/products.php

ps sorry about the link stupid site wouldnt let me copy and paste grr!!

i also like these ones... there anz tazers...

which one do yous prefer?

post-5294-1222306537_thumb.jpg

Probably thinking of these... :)

bg_LS33.jpgbg_KAOS_SHADOW.jpgFUSIONSSD.jpg

Looks sweet, what type of aurion do you have.

With those Verde wheels, i had a similar full chrome set, Chrome Verde size 22 inches with the exact same screws. The only problem with them is, the screws located around the lip - the holes are set in, and to clean them is a royal pain in the A**. Because they are small holes, you need a cotton wool bud to clean inside them.

And if you get dirt in there, they stand out like little brown dots. But because its got a gun metal grey background you might be right and might not need to clean them that well.

Just something to think about. Good choice of weels though

20s look a bit small on Aurion..

If u wanna go fully on the looks, go 22s. The thing with 22s is, u should go for airbags...

Too hard to handle, doesnt go with 'daily use' car.

Not 2 sure with Regulations, what i heard about that for NSW, u r allowed to go up by 2 inches...

So with TRD, 19 Inch to 21 Inch...

Normal Aurion from 17-19.

I got 20s on my Sportivo, And so far still good.

Try to get rims that match or contrast ur car in colour..Will definitely look good.

i got 20" on my aurion.. it is not illegal.. the handleing has gotten better but yes the ride is a bit more harder..

Also the 20" looks good.. 22 if you wanted to go full pimping. 22 will fit btw.

i scrub a little with 20" around hard corners.. thats it.. fine for everything else

i'm thinking of going for something like this:

bg_GF7_BKK.jpg

only downside is that they only come in 19s... :(

ideally, i want 20s...

oh and is it normal to have only a few mm left on the tyres after 11,000kms??? :ph34r:

Edited by SecaBoy

bg_GF7_BKK.jpg

ideally, i want 20s...

oh and is it normal to have only a few mm left on the tyres after 11,000kms??? :ph34r:

SECABOY,

If your changing your wheels I wanna buy your TRD rims!! firstin right? hehe

Im at 19,000km and have about 75% left on the pair from the front and 95% on the rear pair. Must be well run in if the tyres are worn out :o

20s look a bit small on Aurion..

If u wanna go fully on the looks, go 22s. The thing with 22s is, u should go for airbags...

Too hard to handle, doesnt go with 'daily use' car.

Not 2 sure with Regulations, what i heard about that for NSW, u r allowed to go up by 2 inches...

So with TRD, 19 Inch to 21 Inch...

Normal Aurion from 17-19.

I got 20s on my Sportivo, And so far still good.

Try to get rims that match or contrast ur car in colour..Will definitely look good.

YEAH MAAAAN, 22's would be fine as. But i think the ride would be too rough, as the tyre would be like rubber bands. Unless you cut some of the guard away. But your right it would make it look heaps sweeter.

ideally, i want 20s...

My tires have done 16000 k's and all four are stuffed. Was told that a combination of hard accelaration and traction control really work the tires causing them to wear quicker.

Hmm i dont know but i'll just buy some new ones.

Would'nt mind seeing those mags on my silver TRD

I got a set of pics for Camry [Asia] with 22s and airbags... It's not mine thou..

It just looks good...Rims pretty much similar to mine... Difference only in inches..

And u can tell, it's seriously damn frustrating to drive one of those..

Well, I'll post pics up tonite

store041f015903ef1f4320ao1.th.jpgthpix.gif

store041f015903ef1f4320cd1.th.jpgthpix.gif

store041f015903ef1f4320hu3.th.jpgthpix.gif

Haha...Dun need to wait up till tonite...

Enjoy ladz..

Btw, Location is in Indo.

Edited by VF-X