Aurion speed limiter

Stealth

Okay, sounds like a suicide mission but i gotta ask...

Does anyone know of any way to bypass/disable or otherwise remove the 215Km/h speed limiter on the Aurion.

I read a review a little while ago (in Wheels magazine i think) where they compared the Aurion to the new Falcon and the current model Commodore. They quoted the top speed of the Aurion around 240Km/h but most (or at least mine) is electronically limited to 215Km/h? So what's the deal?

A simple yes or no will do. I'm already well aware of the legality and danger of driving too fast but it's a personal choice and more over, Falcons and Commodores don't have the same restrictions as far as i'm aware. Please, no lectures. Just delete the thread if you guys don't approve of this topic. I won't winge about it.

That said, anyone with an Aurion that isn't speed limited or anyone who knows... What is the real top speed capability of the non TRD Aurion?

I would say the car would probably max out at about 250-260-ish... but probably not achievable due to less aerodynamically slippery than the TRD Aurion...

I wouldnt wanna try that in a Prodigy model, a sx6/zr6 is a better non trd model to try it on...

I have heard that the Aurion is electronically limited around 240-250km/h. v8toy's experience shows that he was able to go to around 240km/h. Personally I have gone up to 220km/h (on track of course :ph34r:) and it felt like it still had some more go in it.

As for disabling it, you would need to do it at the ECU level. For some reason I don't see that ever happening. By the way, if you ever manage to find someone who can crack the ECU, let us know. I've got a heap of things I want adjusted... starting with the 'sports mode'.

Okay, sounds like a suicide mission but i gotta ask...

Does anyone know of any way to bypass/disable or otherwise remove the 215Km/h speed limiter on the Aurion.

I read a review a little while ago (in Wheels magazine i think) where they compared the Aurion to the new Falcon and the current model Commodore. They quoted the top speed of the Aurion around 240Km/h but most (or at least mine) is electronically limited to 215Km/h? So what's the deal?

A simple yes or no will do. I'm already well aware of the legality and danger of driving too fast but it's a personal choice and more over, Falcons and Commodores don't have the same restrictions as far as i'm aware. Please, no lectures. Just delete the thread if you guys don't approve of this topic. I won't winge about it.

That said, anyone with an Aurion that isn't speed limited or anyone who knows... What is the real top speed capability of the non TRD Aurion?

I have got my Aurion ATX up to 230km/h and still had something left in the pedal no speed limit by what i am aware

Interesting. I've got a 2007 SX6 and it wouldn't go past 215km/h or so. The revs drop off after this and i loose speed. Don't remember the exact speed i was doing when the limiter cut in but when i looked back at the dash my speed had dropped back past 210km/h. Sounds like i should take it back to the dealer if you guys are saying 230km/h plus.

Got this off the carsales.com.au website for the SX6:

Acceleration - 0-100km/h (secs) 7.4

Maximum speed (km/h) 228

Can't find where i saw the 215 limit or if i was told by the dealer. Can't find it in the owners manual either...

Edited by Stealth

I have heard that the Aurion is electronically limited around 240-250km/h. v8toy's experience shows that he was able to go to around 240km/h. Personally I have gone up to 220km/h (on track of course :ph34r:) and it felt like it still had some more go in it.

As for disabling it, you would need to do it at the ECU level. For some reason I don't see that ever happening. By the way, if you ever manage to find someone who can crack the ECU, let us know. I've got a heap of things I want adjusted... starting with the 'sports mode'.

haha cheers for findin that mate lol

i did it again bout 2 weeks ago again with the 18's and i know that my speedo is out at 110km/h by about 5km/h so with that said the speedo did say 250kmh as the speed limiter hit in so again im guessin it was more like 240km/h but i got my standard wheels on at the moment sooooooo....

Interesting. I've got a 2007 SX6 and it wouldn't go past 215km/h or so. The revs drop off after this and i loose speed. Don't remember the exact speed i was doing when the limiter cut in but when i looked back at the dash my speed had dropped back past 210km/h. Sounds like i should take it back to the dealer if you guys are saying 230km/h plus.

Got this off the carsales.com.au website for the SX6:

Acceleration - 0-100km/h (secs) 7.4

Maximum speed (km/h) 228

Can't find where i saw the 215 limit or if i was told by the dealer. Can't find it in the owners manual either...

I don't know a lot about the set up of the Aurions (Only owned one for the last few days) but in my experience something like this would probably be caused more by an airflow issue than a limiter.

haha like speed limited by headlight protector, bonnet protector, weather shield, protruding wheels, external ultra-high gain GPS antenna...

I was more referring to the airflow to the engine (in the particular case of revs dropping off at 215kph), but yeah, that works.

haha like speed limited by headlight protector, bonnet protector, weather shield, protruding wheels, external ultra-high gain GPS antenna...

I was more referring to the airflow to the engine (in the particular case of revs dropping off at 215kph), but yeah, that works.

Well, either way sounds like a problem with my car. I know what you mean about air flow problem but it seems pretty unlikely.

• 4 weeks later...

I took mine to the dealer to have the speed limiter removed. The guy behind the counter said he didn't know they were limited. Wheels magazine featured an article not long ago claiming the top speed was 249kmh... The guy in the workshop told me they took the limiter off for me.

I don't know what the deal is... I have yet to test it again.

The guy behind the counter said he didn't know they were limited... The guy in the workshop told me they took the limiter off for me.

Hehehe. If he doesn't claim to know anything about it, it's the whole, "if I didn't see it, it didn't happen :whistling: ".