I got something new stuffs!!

JIN

Just got 20inches.

I was watching the TRD ones and it went up much higher than I expected.

It ended up at $810 tho. :blink:

So yeah I'd better get new one instead.

What do you guys think?

I am really happy cos I brought them with pretty cheap price.

17102008417.jpg

17102008418.jpg

17102008420.jpg

Damn. Looks hot alright. Seeing everyone with all their new rims makes me feel so far behind. You can definitely see how much larger the 20's are when you look at the discs. Hehehehe. I was thinking of getting a set of 18's for mine for a mix between comfort and tyre price (plus so I can have some wider tread), but I probably won't want to spend a massive amount. Then if I buy 4 rims for say $1000, I will feel that I could have just put that little bit more into it and bought a better/larger set. Then the cycle repeats.

Thanks guys.

I paid $1800 in total for those rims and tyres.

That model was on special and the package deal was $1600 till this afternoon.

I check the web site at work about at noon and it was still $1600 but when I get tempe tyres after work

they said it's been gone up again to $2k. DUH!?

I only had $1.7k cash atm and I would like to pay $1.8k max and they said ok.

I thought they were giving me a set of cheap tyres that I never heard about

but they gave me a set of Kumho Ecsta SPT 235/35 ZR20 tyres that I am really happy with.

Also I was a bit worried about to be there because some of my friends been there and they are being rude.

However, they even gave me $200 discount(although they were $1.6k for special tho) and being nice. :whistling:

Jet League Raptors FTW!

I've been heaps keen on those as well. Get them from Tempe Tyres? PM me the price you got them for cos I got given a price but didnt include the Kumho's.

Jet League Raptors FTW!

I've been heaps keen on those as well. Get them from Tempe Tyres? PM me the price you got them for cos I got given a price but didnt include the Kumho's.

As above.

I was kinda shocked when they said the special is done and no more of $1.6k for those wheels. :ph34r:

The more I look at the photos of your car overall, the more it looks less like a Toyota. It looks like a car that your average person would look at and ask, 'what car is that?' and would be shocked when you said it was a Toyota.

The more I look at the photos of your car overall, the more it looks less like a Toyota. It looks like a car that your average person would look at and ask, 'what car is that?' and would be shocked when you said it was a Toyota.

Yeah. you actaully pointed exactly what I want my car like.

I want something different between lots of aurions on the street and mine so I always think what I could do on it to be different.

It looks like I still have many things to do on my car for that tho.

Another Nice collection.... Well Done!! :spiteful:

Thou, It looks small IMO. If i were u, i would lower it just like what i did to my car... Also on 20s btw^ ^

Another Nice collection.... Well Done!! :spiteful:

Thou, It looks small IMO. If i were u, i would lower it just like what i did to my car... Also on 20s btw^ ^

Yeah. My next step will be lowering it next year when the warranty is gone.

Plus I am broke for now anyway haha. B)

that looks sweet :D i like your grills too. trying to get some myself :P in the process ^^v

hows the ride comfort???

Thanks mate.

I don't feel any major diffeence yet.

I felt a bit of harder ride and better grip right after I changed them.

There is one big difference which is I drive like grandma because of getting scared of scratch them.

So someone sitting next to me said car's going much smoother than before..haha. :yahoo:

Ya ride looks nice. Good choice on rims, the black on the rims goes with the colour of ya car. Thats a cheap as price for them - was that the total price including tyres, if so good work.

Thanks mate.

Yeah the price including tyres, wheel nuts, lock nuts, fitting and balancing. :whistling:

FYI...I lowered my car with 245/35 on the rear...

The width is ok...But it was too thick that it scrubbed... This is because I want it really low...

What im trying to say is...If u want to lower it to the point of mine [it scrubs ONLY WHEN filled with 5 people and on bumpy roads], i suggest u swap ur rear tyres now to 245/30. Since it's only few days since u bought the package, I'm sure tempe wouldn't mind trading-in them with ur preference...

Or else, They'll charge you $100 for each tyre...

Car look sweet dude. Does need lowering but.

you know me, i say slam it & i know you won't anyways, but it'll look good with a little lowering...

But looking good Jinny...

Will see it in the flesh tomorrow and paint some red bits on your new rims, lolz... :D

FYI...I lowered my car with 245/35 on the rear...

The width is ok...But it was too thick that it scrubbed... This is because I want it really low...

What im trying to say is...If u want to lower it to the point of mine [it scrubs ONLY WHEN filled with 5 people and on bumpy roads], i suggest u swap ur rear tyres now to 245/30. Since it's only few days since u bought the package, I'm sure tempe wouldn't mind trading-in them with ur preference...

Or else, They'll charge you $100 for each tyre...

Im with VFX, definately change your profile of the tyre, if you are ever planning to lower it. I tried all sorts of solutions, camber, planning away guard, moving the wheels centre of gravity towards the rear more. Nothing worked. In the end I just changed my tyres. Problem with my 20"s with 35's was where they was rubbing was on the raised black plastic, inside the guard.

In the begining i was like "oh well its only plastic". Till i realised the raise in the plastic was to protect something underneath, .......................which was the screw that holds the bumper on.

Once it wore through the plastic, it started to attack the screw. It wasnt worth the problems - sure 35's with lowered springs fill the arch perfectly. But 30's, now give me ease of mind as i float through every steep dip, instead of before..... grinding over every bump and pebble.

As VFX said swap whilst they are new, you will pay stuff all difference, i guarantee they will just clean them up and put them back on the shelf anyways.

LEFT FIELD A BIT: I put my 20's on, then i lowered it. There was still plenty of gap between the 20's and the arch before i lowered it. I reckon someone could squeeze 22" rims on. You could get a thin enough tyre for it, but it wouldnt be load rated. But man it would look sweet i reckon.

Edited by BONDIE

Thanks for your advice guys.

Yeah it sounds like I have to change my tyres to get it lowered but I don't think I will lower it for a while at least for a year for sure.

Also like bondie said, in some other threads, I don't have many options on tyre selection regarding on load rating nowadays..

I think I just leave them as they are for now and I will consider to get it lowered about a year later when I have more options and the price for those tyres are going down.

There is no rush to make my car shiny and something new becoz I would be a long term owner of my aurion. hehe..If i win a lotto, it's gonna be a different story btw...but it seems like there's no chance of it for now. :lol: