Will this K&N airfilter improve my 96 AE102X???

Im looking at buying one this afternoon. but i wouldnt mind feedback

If i replace the stock air filter in my car to this K & N air filter will i notice anything?? :huh: my engine is a 7AFE 1.8L

if you have put a K&N air filter in a 93-97 corolla that has a 7AFE if really appreciate feedback

http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=33-2672

It won't get you over 190km/h if that's what you're asking.

hahahaha.... i dont have a need 2 be speeding. Just for better airflow and engine response.

I take it u were looking at a old post i did :P friend that had the issue with his car is getting his car back tonight. So i havent asked him what the cause for that was. But i'll try to make a post regarding that when i find out.

I was just wondering if getting a K&N air panel filter will do anything at all? or am i best to stick to the stock air filter panel?

Like some people say they notice a difference....some people say they didnt notice a change at all. I was hoping to get an answer from some fellow rolla owners :D

i had a K&N Panel filter in my 4AGE engine and noticed more throttle response... but then again... that car had more work done to it prior to the panel filter...

in all seriousness... as whitestivo said.. spend your money on Handling Mods, you'll enjoy the little performance you have, alot more when you can put it to the road better.

Bang for buck, get a better rear sway bar on your car, guaranteed you'll go faster than the K&N where it matters.

whitestivo

Okay sounds reasonable...how much should i be looking to spend? Ur right about handling cos when i turn onto the freeway to and from work the car does lean a bit. Remember the rear side of the car sliding offset on me on a rainy day simply around a round about :o

A couple of tanks of Vortex 98 and maybe a little bottle of injector cleaner could give you the same gain for the same price

lmao never treated my car to all those things hahaha, ill look into it first though as its my first car. wouldn't want to stuff it up :P

just out of curiosity how much should one of these K&N air filter panels cost me anyway. Called auto barn today and they said $99 is that right? I was surprised that something so simple would cost that much. If that is the case u'd bloddy hope $99 bucks did something to the car. :blink:

gold

Give me the $99 and I'll give you a shove off the line at the lights with my bare hands and you'll have had better value.

got the rear sway, whiteline i recommend.

what ever you do, don't buy one of those ridiculous cannons from autobahn or this toyota forum has the power to take your car away..haha

whitestivo

gold

Give me the $99 and I'll give you a shove off the line at the lights with my bare hands and you'll have had better value.

got the rear sway, whiteline i recommend.

what ever you do, don't buy one of those ridiculous cannons from autobahn or this toyota forum has the power to take your car away..haha

whitestivo

hahahah sounds like money well spent mate.

ILL TAKE UR CANNON ADVICE ON BOARD. Ive seen them before...it would look gay on my car. Besides Cannons are a bit too much for me <_<

I havent been to a cruise yet but im guessing everyone who turns up to them have them right? lol

In my Astina I dynoed a stock air filter against a K&N panel filter back to back, and I gained an additional 2.4KW ATW. That's about a 3% gain in power for me or you. I should mention that in a Mazda atleast, the additional measured airflow does cause the stock ECU to add more fuel to match, and my fuel consumption went up a bit more than 3%... However, in my case, a catback exhaust system liberated that lost fuel ecnomy, and then some.

I should also point out that the stock exhaust on my Astina was so restrictive, that no amount of mods were able to produce more than 2.4kW ATW before I touched the exhaust. That included cams, header and filter of some sort. The stock exhaust was that restrictive!

Gav.

In my Astina I dynoed a stock air filter against a K&N panel filter back to back, and I gained an additional 2.4KW ATW. That's about a 3% gain in power for me or you. I should mention that in a Mazda atleast, the additional measured airflow does cause the stock ECU to add more fuel to match, and my fuel consumption went up a bit more than 3%... However, in my case, a catback exhaust system liberated that lost fuel ecnomy, and then some.

I should also point out that the stock exhaust on my Astina was so restrictive, that no amount of mods were able to produce more than 2.4kW ATW before I touched the exhaust. That included cams, header and filter of some sort. The stock exhaust was that restrictive!

Gav.

cheers for the input mate :D

atm im looking around for another job. SO.....i guess when i get that done the modifications will begin :D

I've been there, done that, and the gains would be negligible at best. You might get a slightly better sound, but any gains are most likely going to be offset by that second helping of pasta you had the night before. The supposed real benefit of a K&N filter is that it doesn't have to be replaced anywhere near as often as a normal paper filter, so if you intend on keeping it there for a _loooooong_ time then maybe it's worth it.

$99 sounds about right for the price, although you'll get better value and gains out of a proper CAI setup and pod like I have (but your fuel consumption will probably rise too). Doing the exhaust by itself will probably net you between 5 and 10kw at the wheels, and will be a lot more noticable.

put a turbo on it already!

the k&n filter wont give you very much power gain whatsoever maybe a few kw's.

youd get the same result if not better by port matching your inlet and exhaust manifolds and wrapping your exhaust manifold in heat wrap better still you can get extractors cheap for these as well.