Replacing parkers on 2008 Corolla

kinezz

Hi guys,

Last week i got my new Corolla Levin ZR and i'm having trouble replacing the parkers. The plastic cover on the engine bay is easy to take off but i can't seem to fit my hands to get to the parkers. I was wondering if anybody has replaced them on their cars and whats the easiest way to do it,

if its anything like the aurion, then one way is to remove the splash guards from inside the front side of the wheel arch, and get up to it that way. or remove the bumper.

same i had trouble reaching my parkers in my 2003 corolla so i just went the long way and removed the bumper and removed the headlight

the driver side should be easy (Levin may be different, my one is Ascent), for the passenger side you can un-clip the plastic induction pipe but dont pull it out just push it on aside then you should be able to fit your hand behind the head light.

the driver side should be easy (Levin may be different, my one is Ascent), for the passenger side you can un-clip the plastic induction pipe but dont pull it out just push it on aside then you should be able to fit your hand behind the head light.

Thank you all for the help. I'll try it out later tonight. I was thinking the passenger side had something to do with removing the induction pipe. I think the Levin might be different to the ascent because i can barely get my hand in there

Maybe they've made them impossible to get at to stop ricers fitting w@nker blue LEDs in place of normal park lamp globes. Not that I'm assuming the OP is about to do that... :whistling:

Edited by pinzvidz

yeh they are pretty hard, if u can get into the wiring behind the fitment thing, and just turn it, it should be enough, but also try and use your other hand, to push a couple of things out of the way, for the drivers side, try and unclip the water spray thing, for where you put water into, might make a bit more room, but yeh, you sort of have to try and get underneath everything to get to fitment to turn it.

P.S. expect to see alot of cuts on your hands after :P

all those parkers need to come with a worning on the packet.

"No responsibility taken for grazes, scratches, cuts, burns or any form of debilitation by crushing that may result of trying to squeeze your fat hands into places where clearly, hands were never intended on going!"

or get a mate with Asian Ninja Fingas

all those parkers need to come with a worning on the packet.

"No responsibility taken for grazes, scratches, cuts, burns or any form of debilitation by crushing that may result of trying to squeeze your fat hands into places where clearly, hands were never intended on going!"

or get a mate with Asian Ninja Fingas

A more true comment has never been made. changing my parkers well and truly qualified as a skin tearing, knuckle barking ceremony . . . .