Aurion GSV40R - Brake Pads

e240

Just an FYI to everyone and also so we have it on record for anyone searching in the future.

Been running around trying to get hold of replacement brake pads for the Aurion, and want something better than stock.

Bendix has listed the front brake pad as a DB1800.

But I've found that the model on my Aurion is DB1474 (rear DB1475)

Also, the highest performing brake pads I could find is the Bendix Ultimates

Ignore the Catalogue because its not listed and don't bother calling Bendix cause they don't appear to know they have it.

Ask you nearest friendly Auto-one guy to source it.

I just got mine changed.....Toyota charged me about $500 for both front and rear for the genuine TRD ones (if there is such a thing). The mechanic said they're supposed to be performance brakes so more expensive. They seem to do a pretty good job.

Toyota said the brakes on the Aurion are different from the TRD, but I haven't really looked at a TRD to confirm.

Anyway, the parts guy also said he can't sell me TRD ones without a TRD VIN number... :blink: They're really up themselves on the TRD brand aren't they? No offence intended to you though...

Anyway, Racebrakes in Victoria are able to tailor make brake pads in the RB74 "race" compound for under $200 if you ever want to go away from the TRD thingys. I've ordered a set.

Quote:

RB74 - This is a pad that's been well proven in sprint races under cars such as HSVs, WRXs and other turbo cars. Creating little wear, it gives a coef of 0.43 at up to 500 degrees C. It also works well on the street, with very good low temperature effectiveness.

I just got mine changed.....Toyota charged me about $500 for both front and rear for the genuine TRD ones (if there is such a thing). The mechanic said they're supposed to be performance brakes so more expensive. They seem to do a pretty good job.

Toyota said the brakes on the Aurion are different from the TRD, but I haven't really looked at a TRD to confirm.

Anyway, the parts guy also said he can't sell me TRD ones without a TRD VIN number... :blink: They're really up themselves on the TRD brand aren't they? No offence intended to you though...

Anyway, Racebrakes in Victoria are able to tailor make brake pads in the RB74 "race" compound for under $200 if you ever want to go away from the TRD thingys. I've ordered a set.

Quote:

RB74 - This is a pad that's been well proven in sprint races under cars such as HSVs, WRXs and other turbo cars. Creating little wear, it gives a coef of 0.43 at up to 500 degrees C. It also works well on the street, with very good low temperature effectiveness.

We have the same here in Sydney:Race Brakes Sydney been there for over 7 years now. Have the same stuff for sale.

The TRD ones are supposed to be Ferodo HP 1000 compound pads.

How many kms did you get out of them??

30,000kms. I haven't done THAT much hard braking with it, I suspect the previous owners (the lovely people at the Queensland Police Service) had some fun with it. I love the brakes on the TRD, they are absolutely phenomenal. Probably the best brakes of any car I've driven so far.

I can understand that but I was specifically told,

"I cannot sell you TRD parts unless you have a TRD vin..."

My parts department wont quote anything without a VIN number...

It not because they are up themselves...

It's so they know they're quoting the right part and the right price so it doesn't come back and bite them in the *****...

My parts department wont quote anything without a VIN number...

It not because they are up themselves...

It's so they know they're quoting the right part and the right price so it doesn't come back and bite them in the *****...

Yeah, I guess it all comes down to the parts department themselves. For one of them, I easily got a quote and expected order time for a part for the TRD. He simply turned the screen around and asked me to point out the part. When I was buying a replacement rear light for my Aurion and getting a quote for the mirrors (for the US forums), they just asked for my VIN to make sure there are no variances in the parts design.

Actually to further clarify, when i mean "they", its got nothing to do with the individual staff.

As far as I'm concerned, all my dealings with Toyota staff across 4 different dealerships in Sydney have been fantastic.

"they" is in reference to the policy makers which I would assume would've provided such instructions to the staff.

however, it now all makes a little more sense to not sell trd parts to non-trd owners as the trd's are no longer being produced. seems unfair to exhaust genuine parts others need

however, it now all makes a little more sense to not sell trd parts to non-trd owners as the trd's are no longer being produced. seems unfair to exhaust genuine parts others need

Did't realise they had wound up production, any idea why? i.e. not enough demand