Exhaust question (I know I know)

Can someone please explain to me the argument that adding a straight through cannon to the stock piping will make the Sportivo slower. A straight through muffler is supposed to reduce back pressure and improve exhaust flow thus improving performance right? I don't see how a company such as CES can have a cat back with piping 1/4'' bigger than standard with a straight through muffler and claim 5 - 9 kw atw while replacing the standard muffler with, say an Apexi n1(just an example) will frump up things and cause a performance decrease. People talk alot without dyno documentation. I would like to see a dyno comparison between Sportivo specific cat back system, and a simple muffler replacement.

Can someone please explain to me the argument that adding a straight through cannon to the stock piping will make the Sportivo slower. A straight through muffler is supposed to reduce back pressure and improve exhaust flow thus improving performance right? I don't see how a company such as CES can have a cat back with piping 1/4'' bigger than standard with a straight through muffler and claim 5 - 9 kw atw while replacing the standard muffler with, say an Apexi n1(just an example) will frump up things and cause a performance decrease. People talk alot without dyno documentation. I would like to see a dyno comparison between Sportivo specific cat back system, and a simple muffler replacement.

a dodgy cannon wont set u back much just head in to supercheap or autobarn etc ..... add $50-$100 to head to a muffler shop to get it chucked on and 2 lots of dyno's will probably set u back $120 for 6 runs ($60 / 3 runs) .... so all in all a few hundred bucks will get u sorted ..... if u get adventurous sort out a bulk deal to test various cannons / brand mufflers on the day might net u a discount but will need more of an investment from u ;)

its great to "demand" that u c specific comparisons etc etc but really no one is going to pay for the r&d (or in this case no r&d) but more the labour & time to do what u've asked unless ur prepared to "do it yourself"

simply put on CES's dyno (there might also be independent proof) stock vs CES gained a net 5kw-9kw depending on the car + other mods etc etc.

I had a CES at one point and it netted me 5kw vs stock setup down here in Sydney no where near QLD ..... that being said however dyno runs were done like 6+ months apart so are they really comparable ? ;)

The procedure to do this isnt hard to get ur results but are u prepared to front the time or cash ? if not dont expect for it to be handed to u on a silver platter

Nicely said.

a dodgy cannon wont set u back much just head in to supercheap or autobarn etc ..... add $50-$100 to head to a muffler shop to get it chucked on and 2 lots of dyno's will probably set u back $120 for 6 runs ($60 / 3 runs) .... so all in all a few hundred bucks will get u sorted ..... if u get adventurous sort out a bulk deal to test various cannons / brand mufflers on the day might net u a discount but will need more of an investment from u ;)

its great to "demand" that u c specific comparisons etc etc but really no one is going to pay for the r&d (or in this case no r&d) but more the labour & time to do what u've asked unless ur prepared to "do it yourself"

simply put on CES's dyno (there might also be independent proof) stock vs CES gained a net 5kw-9kw depending on the car + other mods etc etc.

I had a CES at one point and it netted me 5kw vs stock setup down here in Sydney no where near QLD ..... that being said however dyno runs were done like 6+ months apart so are they really comparable ? ;)

The procedure to do this isnt hard to get ur results but are u prepared to front the time or cash ? if not dont expect for it to be handed to u on a silver platter

I could say use the search button that would be too easy.......

Changing a rear muffler on a Sportivo is a risky thing to do. most of the fart cannons etc you buy are simply straight through and have NO BACK PRESSURE. Sportivo corolla's are very sensitive to back pressure. too much you loose power and too little you loose power. CES have done the homework and tried several rear muffler combo's to find which one worked the best and yielded the KW increase combined with the rest of the system.

If you want a specific dyno comparison between stock and a cannon and something else then you may have to do it yourself. I have done my part in the development phase of stuff for the sportivo and cost me plenty of time and dollars. so if you would like to step up to the plate and continue then be my guest. Can't wait to see the results.

Sometimes you have to do stuff for yourself. You cannot always expect somebody else to do all the hard work for your benefit.

why a fart cannon? :huh:

because some fart cannons can make it sound as if u have far more ponies under the bonnet than what u actually do ......

i reckon u would b far better off getting one of these bad boys ..... far cheaper and far high bang for buck on the ricer scale .......

turbo-whistler.gif

or one of these ..... far cooler than a fart cannon ;)

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=Hez8qPzp_1k&...feature=related

all tools for the true ricer ;) ;)

why a fart cannon? :huh:

because some fart cannons can make it sound as if u have far more ponies under the bonnet than what u actually do ......

i reckon u would b far better off getting one of these bad boys ..... far cheaper and far high bang for buck on the ricer scale .......

turbo-whistler.gif

or one of these ..... far cooler than a fart cannon ;)

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=Hez8qPzp_1k&...feature=related

all tools for the true ricer ;) ;)

ill take 10!!