Kenneth's Vitz

Kenneth.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lol, it's a leather Recaro style chair with red stitching from JustJap.

Another part arrived today.. just waiting on one more part now..

DSC03121_800x450_K09.jpg

OEM stalk with fog switch FTW!

Also decided to take a quick snap.. got bored of my assignments.

DSC03122_3_4_5_6_HDR_800x450_K09.jpg

- Kenneth

can't wait to see the working fog lights :D, you going to install the fog stick thing yourself?

Yes sir! :D

And thanks peeps! :P

Will update again once the fog lights arrive. Then I'll install the HID's & foggies, OEM stalk etc all in one shot! Can't wait.. :)

Also decided to take a quick snap.. got bored of my assignments.

DSC03122_3_4_5_6_HDR_800x450_K09.jpg

- Kenneth

damn!! such good editing right there... if you had a Gran Turismo 5 watermark on the corner, i would've mistaken it for the latest screenshots :P

nice work

How hard was it to de/rebadge the yaris?

It's not hard at all. Debadging is the same process as it would be on any other car (some thing to heat it up, and some waxed dental floss). Rebadging was a matter of observing where the new badges go via viewing a few photos, masking it out on the hatch lid, and sticking them on.

@ Lunjiaow:

How does your light stalk look like?

I'll do a complete DIY for both foglight install (using OEM stalk) and HID install when I get around to doing it. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Received my fog-light kit today with a custom harness and relay.

DSC03325_800x450_K09.jpg

Also received a set of 10mm hub spacers crafted in marine alloy.. I may or may not end up using these.. will see how much room I've got left after I fit my rims.

DSC03327_800x450_K09.jpg

Oh did I say rims? :o

Heh, yes rims have been ordered and are on it's way from the land of JDM! :P

Anyways enjoy!

Edited by KEN33F

Man I must admit I like your creativity :) and the way you do it properly. It's definitely aspiring Ken.

Keep the good work mate.

Thank you! :)

OOo peguin spacers. im sure its not need if you got the right offset for the yaris. How much did the narva relay cost you.? I still need one for my car. LOL!.

Wondering if you got CR Kai's ;)

I'm not sure how much the relay cost, as it was all supplied as a kit by Ray (1NZYaris1). But a quick google returned that it is $12.25RRP. The relay part number is 68062BL.

And yeap, CR Kai's in 16x7.0, +44. Will see about the spacers after fitting wheels to see if I can run them or not, otherwise it's going on sale!

check out all the goodies! :P how much did the hids cost?

Heh, they were $305 delivered. Still haven't fit them yet, will put them in when I do the foggies. :P

Quick update: Got my bits and pieces in..

4300K bi-xenons + foggies + OEM stalk + factory like install = HELL YEAH! :yahoo:

DSC03416_800x450_K09.jpg

The fog indicator lights up on operation of foggies like it's supposed to:

DSC03417_800x450_K09.jpg

I'm glad the process went smooth.. with no hiccups!

Will post up a DIY for both installs in a couple of days when I'm done with my exams..

Till then, enjoy! :P

what bulbs u using for ur headlight?

damn it looks secks!

They're the 4300K Kaixen bi-xenon HID's. It's not that blue in real life.. but the camera couldn't capture it's real colour. It's a very natural white colour in real life. Thanks Jeremy! :P

what bulbs u using for ur headlight?

damn it looks secks!

They're the 4300K Kaixen bi-xenon HID's. It's not that blue in real life.. but the camera couldn't capture it's real colour. It's a very natural white colour in real life. Thanks Jeremy! :P

damn ur hids alone cost so much xD

:P i want ur ballast xD

all round quality Ken, very well done!!

that's interesting that the dash cluster already has the foglight icon.. was it hard to install the new stalk?

btw, did you change the foglight bulbs too?? doesn't look bright like mine aswell, does its job tho

all round quality Ken, very well done!!

that's interesting that the dash cluster already has the foglight icon.. was it hard to install the new stalk?

btw, did you change the foglight bulbs too?? doesn't look bright like mine aswell, does its job tho

Thanks Yuri!

The stalk was not too hard to install. I did change the foglight bulb, it's running a modified H9 (65W) bulb instead of the intended H11 (55W). It doesn't appear bright in the photo because I turned down the exposure so it didn't glare like crazy through the camera lens. :)

Edited by KEN33F

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing new.. yet.

Just couple of day and night shots:

DSC03364_5_6_7_8_HDR_800x450_K09.jpg

DSC03440_800x450_K09.jpg

I'm really impressed with quality of this Kaixen H.I.D kit. The beam pattern very similar to that of the original halogens. The cutoff is very visible and is not just a splatter of scattered light like some kits I've seen (glare galore). It lights up the road exceptionally well in the dry, as well as in the wet. The 4300K bulbs produce a very natural warm white colour just like your Accord Euro's or any other car with OEM H.I.D's. The cutoff even has a faint red banding colour.. :P

Overall, really high quality kit. I'd happily recommend it to anyone even if it's pricey compared to the eBay kits, at the end of the day you get what you pay for. :)

I hope that helps anyone who's looking into H.I.D kits. :)