Smoke from exhuast

AUR30N

Hi Guy's,

I was about to buy a aurion at-x from car dealership 2007 model with 37,000 km on the clock i assume ex fleet car.

but temp guaged showed quater and i noticed like white smoke not black or blue comming out of the exhuats special when you gave it a rev it was like a small cloud.

is this normal?

Thanks

Azza73

Was this the car only recently started after say, an overnight period? When a car is parked outside overnight, moisture and condensation can build up in the exhaust and when it heats up, that 'white smoke' you see is actually steam. Perfectly normal in that case. One way to tell it's really steam is to place your hand near the exhaust and you can usually feel the moisture on your hand.

Was this the car only recently started after say, an overnight period? When a car is parked outside overnight, moisture and condensation can build up in the exhaust and when it heats up, that 'white smoke' you see is actually steam. Perfectly normal in that case. One way to tell it's really steam is to place your hand near the exhaust and you can usually feel the moisture on your hand.

All noted. Thanks for reply and what top site.

also can some tell me what is needed to change the front bar and rear bar to look like the sportivo sr6

do i only have to change the lip and front and Rear bar side skirts? and few clips

Thanks

Azza

The skirts just attach over the bumpers. You will however need to make some holes on the bumpers so the skirts will stay on. I would assume that in the factory they either have the bumpers with them already on there, or they have the appropriate tools to do it with ease. You just need to find the skirts, that's all.

The skirts just attach over the bumpers. You will however need to make some holes on the bumpers so the skirts will stay on. I would assume that in the factory they either have the bumpers with them already on there, or they have the appropriate tools to do it with ease. You just need to find the skirts, that's all.

o.k toyota willing to sell these to me

front lip

rear lip

front bar side skirts

rear bar skirts

side skirts

17 clips for front

etc

have people been quoted for original one yet be intresting on what they have paid.

Cheers

Azza

Hi Guy's,

I was about to buy a aurion at-x from car dealership 2007 model with 37,000 km on the clock i assume ex fleet car.

but temp guaged showed quater and i noticed like white smoke not black or blue comming out of the exhuats special when you gave it a rev it was like a small cloud.

is this normal?

Thanks

Azza73

might be an ex hertz rental car. check the log book.

mine was an ex gov car and the reason they do that is cos they sit around for a fair wile without being driven, mine was smoking (misty smoke thats white as u described) for the 1st 2 days that i got it...it must have been siting at the auctions for a wile but i gave it a good strap and it was fine ever since

just be sure on what kinda smoke is coming out of it...

if the white smoke disperses quite quickly, then its just moisture/steam and nothing to worry about.. but if its a thicker white smoke that hangs around for a while, then its unburned fuel being sent out the exhaust pipes...

i had this happen on my old nissan silvia and it was raw fuel being dumped into the hot exhaust pipes and smoldering... lol