JE-55-EA's ZRE Sedan

JE-55-EA

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ride isn't too firm, but it can be a bit uncomfortable on fairly rough roads. Max. drop is approx. 2" front and 2.5" rear (where they're presently set at), but can be adjusted higher.

Jesse how are the coilovers going? any probs or complaints?

also i dont like raised boot spoilers but i really like this :whistling:

The only issue i've encountered so far is that the rear springs knock over some bumps, but i'm pretty sure it's because i had to leave out the rubber upper spring mount during installation, since the stock mounts won't fit over the adjustment thread.

Also, i've currently got my sights set on this... :spiteful:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOYOTA-08-0...sQ5fAccessories

Thanks for the feedback on coils Jesse, do you have Tanabe GF or NF? that carbon spoiler will suit your ride to the ground.

Saw you today then before i left i couldnt find you to say Hi... Car looks hot as usual ;)

• 4 weeks later...
The ride isn't too firm, but it can be a bit uncomfortable on fairly rough roads. Max. drop is approx. 2" front and 2.5" rear (where they're presently set at), but can be adjusted higher.

The only issue i've encountered so far is that the rear springs knock over some bumps, but i'm pretty sure it's because i had to leave out the rubber upper spring mount during installation, since the stock mounts won't fit over the adjustment thread.

Do you mean the black rubber that the red arrow is pointing to below?

IMGP3936_2.jpg

And also, how are the back adjustable? Aren't the tanabe coilover set just springs and shocks at the rear? :huh: Thanks!

Peter.

Thanks for the feedback on coils Jesse, do you have Tanabe GF or NF?

He has GF. I've been researching..haha the site he bought it from has same part number as GF.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the late reply guys (computer troubles :( ).

The coilovers i got are the GF model. From what i've managed to decipher from the Tanabe site, they're stiffer and more track focused than the NF (thankfully not back-breaking though).

For the rear height adjustment, the spring perch and locking ring are fitted to a threaded sleeve (gold coloured bit in the pic). :)

100_1148.jpg

Sorry for the late reply guys (computer troubles :( ).

The coilovers i got are the GF model. From what i've managed to decipher from the Tanabe site, they're stiffer and more track focused than the NF (thankfully not back-breaking though).

For the rear height adjustment, the spring perch and locking ring are fitted to a threaded sleeve (gold coloured bit in the pic). :)

100_1148.jpg

That's alright mate! Welcome back! :yahoo: Hehe

Thanks for the reply, did you managed to fix that knocking over bumps in the rear?

Peter.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

How does it sound mate?

It sounds great! It starts out as a deep rumble at low revs, then becomes a loud roar from about 3500rpm onwards. :D

no prob with the maf sensor jesse ?

No problems at all. Everything went in pretty smoothly. :)

• 4 weeks later...

A couple of weeks ago i got a custom made cat-back exhaust system, and last weekend i picked up a set of HSD adjustable camber plates. :D

100_1467.jpg

100_1469.jpg

100_1474.jpg

I also randomly decided to remove the engine cover and the front panel.

100_1465.jpg

Edited by JE-55-EA

looking good Jesse! hope to be seeing you at the annual

Thanks Charlie, i'll be at the annual meet for sure! Fingers crossed for good weather.

Jebus! how loud is it with that torpedo removed?? mine was teeth shattering!! I decided to put it back in after 2 minutes!

At the moment i'm finding the exhaust to be very loud and droney, but the guy who installed it said if it gives me any troubles he will redo it and try to make it quieter.