GOT MY VAREX =]

ApBPaul

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, depends what you want done... i specifically asked for them to leave the stock exhaust in one piece, so they obviously had to make up a new section (including y piece)... so that cost me $200...

the varex itself depends on where you buy it from... i bought mine on ebay from a place near ipswich which cost me $350 each...

if i were you, i'd get them to do two varex mufflers at the rear and remove the resonator... they have said that it can be done...

if i hadn't of sold my other varex, i would have dont this without even thinking about it.. :(

I'm surprised Rowan hasn't posted in here this arvo...

Speaking of which... I'm thinking of dropping my resonator, but I'll wait till Rowan has his turn on dyno day to see if there is any negatives to doing so.

dont think he was overly happy with the sound it produced....

but rowan, i just realised that those supercat mufflers on the rear are actually pretty good at muffling the sound...

so maybe if you change them to a different muffler, it might be better...

i'll let him post more about it though...

drew, i gotta come back and see you guys one day about something... :)

dont think he was overly happy with the sound it produced....

but rowan, i just realised that those supercat mufflers on the rear are actually pretty good at muffling the sound...

so maybe if you change them to a different muffler, it might be better...

i'll let him post more about it though...

drew, i gotta come back and see you guys one day about something... :)

Headers? I've been talking about making them with a guy at work all day :P

Rowans rear mufflers need to be bigger.

lol nah.. no headers for me for a while...

i need a job! :lol:

i wanted to come and talk to you about the existing setup... i think its knocking on something when i turn corners fast...

either that or there is something rolling around in my head... lol

lol nah.. no headers for me for a while...

i need a job! :lol:

i wanted to come and talk to you about the existing setup... i think its knocking on something when i turn corners fast...

either that or there is something rolling around in my head... lol

Ahh right, just bring it in sometime next week and we'll get it sorted. Busy for the next two or so days, damn people not turning up when they're meant to :angry:

relax everyone im here lol

well 1st of all i got bondies hotdog that he swore was the most horrible thing out. im sorry bondie but it was a really nice sound. less drone than stock but more meat, but wasnt really much louder SO i went back to drew and got straightpipe instead.

the result: VERY NICE!! probly the best sound your going to get out of the aurion. has got a tiny little bit more drone than stock resinator but it sounds really tough up in the revs, purrs nicely on the highway too. but not yet been too load...its just right so really happy with it.

the sound is like daryls cutout but louder

i found that the ecu must addapt to it because when i first put it on it was REALLY load all through the revs but now has calmed down a bit.

the performance is about the same....torque and especially midrange there seems to be a bit more, up top about the same but at about 6k rpm it has the nicest note u will ever hear on an aurion

so im sorry bondie my view is very different to yours and ill be out tonight with the brissy boys to see what they think

im happy to take anyone for a drive if they want

Edited by ELEGNT

After hearing Rowan's exhaust modification both with and without load, I can say that it is definitely a nice sound. With no load, it is loud (but not overly) but when you back off, it has this really deep note that sounds sex.

With load however, it actually seems relatively quiet from outside the car. I was following him (with my Varex closed so I could listen) you could hear this louder exhaust, but it wasn't quite as obvious that it was coming from his car. It was fairly deep and at one of those frequencies that is hard to determine its direction. In comparison to other cars out there though, it still seems kind of quiet under load. I'm thinking those rear mufflers need something new.

I guess the dyno this Saturday will show whether the stock restrictions in the exhaust are really that much of one. Plus whether my Varex when closed causes me to lose power. All I'm interested in the meantime is whether my car is running the same or worse than stock, plus whether Rowan is getting better than stock.

yeah, for those that didnt hear the exhaust tonight, rowan's new setup is the *****... ;)

havent been in it, so i dont know how bearable the drone is, but from the outside it sounds good... ;)

ps. rowan... just go straight pipe all the way to the tips... :P hehe

oh and can one of you guys say what you think of my exhaust note when i took off tonight?

its not much louder than before aye...

oh and can one of you guys say what you think of my exhaust note when i took off tonight?

To be honest, it was as you said; "not much louder than before". Definitely needs less restriction at the rear. Those mufflers at the back really cover it up.

relax everyone im here lol

well 1st of all i got bondies hotdog that he swore was the most horrible thing out. im sorry bondie but it was a really nice sound. less drone than stock but more meat, but wasnt really much louder SO i went back to drew and got straightpipe instead.

the result: VERY NICE!! probly the best sound your going to get out of the aurion. has got a tiny little bit more drone than stock resinator but it sounds really tough up in the revs, purrs nicely on the highway too. but not yet been too load...its just right so really happy with it.

the sound is like daryls cutout but louder

i found that the ecu must addapt to it because when i first put it on it was REALLY load all through the revs but now has calmed down a bit.

the performance is about the same....torque and especially midrange there seems to be a bit more, up top about the same but at about 6k rpm it has the nicest note u will ever hear on an aurion

so im sorry bondie my view is very different to yours and ill be out tonight with the brissy boys to see what they think

im happy to take anyone for a drive if they want

Youtube the sound thanksss :toast:

yeh not much louder im sorry to say :( im thinking say cya to the rear mufflers pit straight pipe in and leave the only varex obviously

and VF-X ill do it tomorow on daryls video and you can see our dynos too :D

It's not Varex as per the thread title, but since we already started here, we may as well keep going. Just a clip of Rowan's exhaust. It's just a quick clip, because we anticipated getting one when it was (supposed to be) going on the dyno which would have sounded sweet. Anyways here it is. It sounds much better in person, and when you back off, it is really deep:

Please wait a few seconds for Video to Load!

bring it over to WA and take me for a drive ?

haha ull have to try it yourself mate cant halp u there lol

gopt some advice behind the scenes hehe and i think i will try it out, once i understand better what you've done. All i need now is an exhaust shop that i can trust not to rip me off!

It's not Varex as per the thread title, but since we already started here, we may as well keep going. Just a clip of Rowan's exhaust. It's just a quick clip, because we anticipated getting one when it was (supposed to be) going on the dyno which would have sounded sweet. Anyways here it is. It sounds much better in person, and when you back off, it is really deep:

does sound much nicer in real life...respyness only happens at about 6k but only free reving

much much deeper when you hear it in person

u get the idea tho

couple of questions for the experts as i look to buy my varex on ebay... will the twin tip varex fit the allowed for space? any difference between oval and round? can someone post a picture of where you've placed the switch (to open and close the valve)?

cheers (from lost in WA)

ignore the above stupid question i somehow missed the remote...... and didn't realise they were 350 each....