GOT MY VAREX =]

ApBPaul

...will the twin tip varex fit the allowed for space?

I HIGHLY doubt you can put it in without cutting your bumper at the least. Mine was only just able to fit and that's with a single 4 inch tip. The dual tip version is dual 3 inch tips.

any difference between oval and round?

I don't know as I haven't compared the two in person, but I would say that the round version would be slightly louder than the oval version because there may be less baffling in it's design. As well, the round ones are too much rice in my opinion.

can someone post a picture of where you've placed the switch (to open and close the valve)?

There is no switch. The Varex are completely remote controlled.

ignore the above stupid question i somehow missed the remote......

I only just noticed this after i answered the question. Oh wells.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thought it would be relevent here too

eshaust note

Please wait a few seconds for Video to Load!

wasnt me driving btw, cousin just got a taste of the transmission lag and hit limiter lol

drive by

Please wait a few seconds for Video to Load!

• 8 months later...

Quick question, i know we get a remote for each muffler. But somehow it becomes annoying if we have to do it 1 by 1 in setting on and off. Is there anyway to control both mufflers with just a remote by alligning the frequency??

And how big is the 2.5" inlet compared to the stock? Im afraid it'll hit the ground due to the lowering.

Quick question, i know we get a remote for each muffler. But somehow it becomes annoying if we have to do it 1 by 1 in setting on and off. Is there anyway to control both mufflers with just a remote by alligning the frequency??
last time i knew, daryl had wired the cables for each varex into one control box... therefore only using one remote to control both...

he can confirm/deny that if he wants...

Where do you think you got your new Varex control box from with blue LED on the remote Ash :P?

VF-X: You can simply run two mufflers off the one remote control box. The relays in there are good for 10A and if you split the wiring close to the control box, the short length of standard wire up to the split will be more than enough to handle the extra current load.

And how big is the 2.5" inlet compared to the stock? Im afraid it'll hit the ground due to the lowering.

If you get the oval one, you will have a rough time on a lower Aurion.

If you get the oval one, you will have a rough time on a lower Aurion.

I thought the cannon will be far worse..

How big is the stock inlet? I might get a rubber thingy to adjust the height.. Or... I won't let any1 sit in the back seat.. 2 seater.. :lol:

I thought the cannon will be far worse..

I think with the canon, you can rotate the muffler about 45 degrees, which puts the motor assembly on the side a little. This lets it sit higher. On the oval Varex, the motor assembly sits at the top.

How big is the stock inlet? I might get a rubber thingy to adjust the height..

I think the stock inlet is 1.75 inches. As well, the rubber muffler mounts aren't the problem. It's how low the muffler sits so that the motor at the top clears the body of the car. This is an example from when I was test fitting mine:

dsc03549.jpg

For fun, here is what a steep driveway is like with the oval Varex on an stock height Sportivo Aurion:

copyofimage118.th.jpg copyofimage117.th.jpg

Jesus... How screwed am I.. That's a stock height... And from the looks of it, the path isn't that steep. Even with now, I occasionally hit the exhaust.. Zzzzz. Ah well, thx anw.

1 more stupid question, Is the varex straight bolt on, or need a bit wielding? Im guessing from reading the previous pages, it needs a bit of wielding..

1 more stupid question, Is the varex straight bolt on, or need a bit wielding? Im guessing from reading the previous pages, it needs a bit of wielding..

Not stupid at all. This Varex has a flange welded onto it which would allow it to directly bolt up to a prefabricated exhaust system, but for the Aurion, they will need to create some new pipework to a flange that is on the back of the Varex. Would only be a hundred bucks or so of pipe and welding.

That said, Varex now have some more universal designs that have no flanges at the back and no tips at the front to allow you to have it set up how you wanted.

Hey, Is there a chance that there's a power-loss after installing this? And increase in fuel-consumption? I dunno if that actually happened but it's been only a day, i felt these and don't know if there's an actual thing to find this out.. I found the fuel thing based on the readings on the meter. On contradiction, the fuel gauge doesn't show the increase. After travelling a certain distance, it only moved a bit..

There is the chance that you can experience some power loss when the valve is closed, but each case can be different so there is no definite answer. The way I saw it in the first place is that because it is dual muffler, when closed, you have both sides to work with to free up restriction.

For the record, having it closed has provided me with no abnormal times down the 1/4 mile for me to say that I have lost any power when closed. This is my car though. I'm not saying that it's different to others (which it shouldn't be), but you never know what variations you can get.

As for fuel consumption, those figures did not change at all when compared to the figures prior to fitting the mufflers.

There is the chance that you can experience some power loss when the valve is closed, but each case can be different so there is no definite answer. The way I saw it in the first place is that because it is dual muffler, when closed, you have both sides to work with to free up restriction.

For the record, having it closed has provided me with no abnormal times down the 1/4 mile for me to say that I have lost any power when closed. This is my car though. I'm not saying that it's different to others (which it shouldn't be), but you never know what variations you can get.

As for fuel consumption, those figures did not change at all when compared to the figures prior to fitting the mufflers.

I hope this is just my feelin.. How about you other people? I feel the power loss when both open and close.. I'll post again after a while.. Together with the fuel consumption..

... Together with the fuel consumption..

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. Don't pay attention to your fuel consumption over the first week after fitting it. It may go out of whack at first, but a manual calculation should be more accurate.

By the way, if you haven't done so, reset your ECU by going to the engine bay fuse box and pulling all the EFI fuses and waiting a few minutes or so before putting them back (doing it this way will save your radio settings). A fresh start on the ECU may fix any potential issues.

... Together with the fuel consumption..

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. Don't pay attention to your fuel consumption over the first week after fitting it. It may go out of whack at first, but a manual calculation should be more accurate.

By the way, if you haven't done so, reset your ECU by going to the engine bay fuse box and pulling all the EFI fuses and waiting a few minutes or so before putting them back (doing it this way will save your radio settings). A fresh start on the ECU may fix any potential issues.

Hopefully.. Haha.. It started with almost fuel tank today.. I guess I'll calculate them in like a week.. And I'll try to reset the ECU tomorrow.. Haha

Thanks

despite how pure **** that is, I am going to get a soundracer! Just for the sheer LOL factor!

Find someone's car and hide one behind the dash hard-wired in. Then try and lock their radio onto the modulator channel. Hehehe.

Sorry to Hijack thread, but i figure better then starting a whole new one. So im looking to do an exhaust upgrade on my aurion and was thinking of doing a 2.5" stainless steal all the way through ( not sure on removing resignator or not yet) and xforce twinloop oval mufflers on the back. Would this system be likely to give a nice sound without drone? and would the mufflers fit under the aurion ( height wise and length).?

So im looking to do an exhaust upgrade on my aurion and was thinking of doing a 2.5" stainless steal all the way through ( not sure on removing resignator or not yet) and xforce twinloop oval mufflers on the back. Would this system be likely to give a nice sound without drone? and would the mufflers fit under the aurion ( height wise and length).?

It's hard to make a judgement on how it would sound before you fit it. Unless someone else has done the exact same setup (which I don't think has happened), then there is no way to determine how it will sound. The Aurion is pretty touchy with it's exhaust. Some things it likes, some things it doesn't.

Personalty though as a starting point, if you don't want any drone, then don't remove your resonator completely.

Waiting for new mufflers semi chambered style, similar to what I had on my camry. straight through mufflers gave too loud note down low, 1500 rpm and below, which droned through the car. trial an error will win in the end. tax deductable of course.

• 4 weeks later...
Man you guys spend some money on crazy gadgets......

so who is next to get a "turbonator"????????

c'mon be the trendsetter LOL

What can you do? Of course there are going to be others that spend their money in ways which one wouldn't approve, but there is no need to have a go at them for it. Yes, I know I'm not performance minded and want to turn my car into the most powerful machine it can be, but that's just me. Why does there need to be a problem with that? Anyways, I don't see why this topic needs argument or negativity.

DJKOR: Hey, just wondering so did the oval varex fit in perfectly? or did u have to make adjustments for them to fit?

thanks

I wouldn't say it fit perfectly as if it were perfectly when compared to the stock muffler. Make adjustments for it to fit? It was simply put up into the area where it was going to stay and then welded into place, pretty much like any aftermarket muffler would be.

From looking underneath my aurion i can see that there is no way a varex can fit perfectly without welding a 90 degree elbow to the flanges!!!!! Please reassure me! :)

Quick question.. What if you're not fully satisfied with the oval varex and want to get deeper note? Would adding a different muffler other than the stock fill this wish? :D