ZR6 fuel economy

Jorgeo

its because when you travel long distances you hardly have to brake.

when you brake and accelerate you end up burning more fuel. thats why there's that difference.

so even though your travelling at 100km on long distances it ends up consuming less fuel than if you were travelling 60kms in the city.

yea that's pretty much normal, that's like my car.

only getting around 590 mark for suburban driving and get over 680 for freeway driving, also maybe because at the lights I like to sometimes give it a bit of juice which really doesn't help lol.

In the Melbourne suburbs, I often get about 560km before the light comes on, but at last refill of the tank found it still had about 10L in it... so theoretically, I would guess it could get about 650km? Fairly large safety margin! Country driving on freeways, depending on the tailwind, I've had anywhere between 700 - 900km off a tank before the light came on. I drive rather cautiously these days, but when I drive on the right food a bit, suburbs I get about 500km/tank and freeways about 700.

Aurion seems very thirsty while accelerating heavily, but if you are light footed it does quite well.

Thanks guys, I have been putting my foot down lately. I will take it easy on next tank and see what happens.

I have also noticed that when petrol gauge shows empty there is still 10 litres left in tank. I have driven 30km after light comes on, has anyone seen how far you can go after light comes on?

I have also noticed that when petrol gauge shows empty there is still 10 litres left in tank. I have driven 30km after light comes on, has anyone seen how far you can go after light comes on?

Yeah, the fuel light does come on with about 10 litres left in the tank. I've managed to squeeze 94km out of mine once the Cruising Range hit 0km. A safe number if you ever need to run past empty is about 50km. Also, check out more discussion here:

Fuel tank and gauge accuracy

Fuel Warning Light

Thanks. has any one noticed the fuel economy gauge goes crazy after refiling, mine sometimes goes from 9L/100 to 25L/100 and then takes for ever to come back down, has anyone else experienced this.

I am getting my car tinted with midnight express by tint a car, will there be a problem with radio. if so, any suggestions thank you.

Thanks. has any one noticed the fuel economy gauge goes crazy after refiling, mine sometimes goes from 9L/100 to 25L/100 and then takes for ever to come back down, has anyone else experienced this.

I am getting my car tinted with midnight express by tint a car, will there be a problem with radio. if so, any suggestions thank you.

Yup, the fuel economy gets reset every time you re-fill. Mine has gone up as high as about 43 litres/100km after a fill. Usually it should go down after about 0.5km of driving though, depending on how you leave the petrol station.

My radio reception with the Midnight Express is from my own personal experience. It is not a guarantee that yours won't do the same. I went in not really caring if I lost my reception or not. If it concerned me that much, I would just find a way to mount a hidden antenna such as in the spoiler.

i forget what the corolla fuel tank size is but i can usually squeeze close to 500 on full tank. weird enough the corolla doesnt have a low fuel warning light like most other cars have. maybe they do and it just hasnt turned on yet.

my range is 32km at the moment and it still hasnt turned on. probably isnt one...

i forget what the corolla fuel tank size is but i can usually squeeze close to 500 on full tank. weird enough the corolla doesnt have a low fuel warning light like most other cars have. maybe they do and it just hasnt turned on yet.

my range is 32km at the moment and it still hasnt turned on. probably isnt one...

after your range shows 0km, or "Lo", you could still drive for another 100km provided you go easy.

my fuel light turns on with about 20km left on the range, and theres still around 8L left in the tank.

If the tinting on your rear window is metal based , it will interfere with your radio reception as the antenna is part of the rear window assembly.

To avoid this , you have to go for a rear window tint that is ceramic based.

Anyway , thats what Ive read .... can anyone confirm ?

If the tinting on your rear window is metal based , it will interfere with your radio reception as the antenna is part of the rear window assembly.

To avoid this , you have to go for a rear window tint that is ceramic based.

Anyway , thats what Ive read .... can anyone confirm ?

That is correct. Metallic based tinting CAN interfere with the radio reception and it is advised to steer away from that option if possible. But in regards to that discussion earlier, the Midnight Express is a metallic based tint and I was confirming that with my Aurion, I have had no noticeable differences to my reception.