help need 03 camry sportivo

mr ke70

hey guys i just bought a 03 camry sportivo just wondering if u could answer a few questions that i stuck on

1. first thing i wanted to do is change the grill to a 05 model is that possible

2035A6C144C34D5CAFF509C057A97F79.jpg

F1E16AF8DE3C4D3EA51480A9DE6E1385.jpg

also i wanted to do the same to the tailights

E36EBE1EAB7B4FD4AC6B8FC9F0778234.jpg

05 i want

BF38AA38B8444EEF8DD478BA007B9A56.jpg

not sure if this would work coz of the light are different to the 03

last question im interested in one of these 2 any1 know or have put one in. is it a straight swap. its the dvd/gps one

17b8_1.JPG

Yeah, both the grille and tail lights will swap over, not 100% sure if the plug on the tail lights are the same, but I cant imagine why they would change it in the face lift, so it should be ok. Your main problem will be sourcing them at a reasonable cost I should think, which is why not many do this.

yep, both will swap straight over no problems. i think the grill will cost you around $100 from a wreckers, but then theres finding a good one in the same colour - different matter enitrely.

regarding the gps upgrade, i think it will work out fairly expensive because it isnt a case of a straight swap from the oem cd/cassette deck to the gps deck. there are a couple of modules that need to be installed. i also think that i read somewhere the ecm needs to be encoded with more stuff, too. and expensive exervice i would imagine.

okay thanks for ur help well i def to the grill in the next few weeks as for the dvd its form a place from melb he charging 700 bucks for it

From memory when I got the Grande grille (the full chrome one) for my 36 series prices for all models grilles new were around the $200 mark. But be very careful when ordering, my car was the 06 update but quite a few parts places thought I was talking about the current model which came out in 06 (though I think was tehnically the 07 model) even though I specified an MCV36R MY06 which was the designation for it.

for the grillth, i tried to change it before, but toyota dealers told me it would not fit with 2003, coz the front bar is different with 2005, u'd better to check with the toyota dealer first.

for the grillth, i tried to change it before, but toyota dealers told me it would not fit with 2003, coz the front bar is different with 2005, u'd better to check with the toyota dealer first.

i've owned both a 2003 and 2005 model camry sportivos, and both grilles are attached exactly the same. toyota wouldnt bother changing the shape of a mass produced bonnet for an upgrade model just for the sake of a different styled grille

toyota wouldnt bother changing the shape of a mass produced bonnet for an upgrade model just for the sake of a different styled grille

Didn't they do that for the facelift ZZE122s? Changed headlights too

toyota wouldnt bother changing the shape of a mass produced bonnet for an upgrade model just for the sake of a different styled grille

Didn't they do that for the facelift ZZE122s? Changed headlights too

that's slightly different, as they completely tweaked the look of those two models. with the camry, they didn't change much between the two models, apart from lights and the grille (with the exception of the bodykit for the sportivo), so it wasn't worth it.

• 1 month later...

hey guys just thought i let u know that i ended up getting a 05 grill just waiting to be painted and also ended up getting me cd player through toyota genuine. as u can see its ipod/gps/bluetooth/cd/radio all in one straight fit

41580.jpg

Edited by mr ke70

hey guys just thought i let u know that i ended up getting a 05 grill just waiting to be painted and also ended up getting me cd player through toyota genuine. as u can see its ipod/gps/bluetooth/cd/radio all in one straight fit

41580.jpg

Can you take a picture of how this sits in the dash.

I was looking at this unit some time ago also.

But I was turned of due to the 90 degree edges.

The factory unit has curved edges.

Does it look ok in the dash?!

Pics please...

I really do like these units, however that is the first time I have seen one installed in a Camry Dash.

Not quite sure that I am sold in the way it looks...

It just does not seem to "fit" in the factory position...

I am aware they are mde by Fujitsu Ten / Eclipse and branded Toyota.

But it just does not look a "factory" fit.

Once again, I like the unit and its functionality, just not the look in a Toyota Dash.

Just my 2 cents...

Sometimes you just can't have everything "factory". My HU stands out like dog's nads, but can't help that really.

I guess if the Tom Tom GPS was black, it'd look more "factory"ish... blend in with the dash more.

hey, do u have the pictures for your new grill and new taillight? i am pretty interesting to have a look. if u can, please post some on, thx