What is Lift? Can lift be achieved in the ZRE??

I was reading the Lift thread for the sportivos and it would be great if Lift could be explained so those who dont know can find out. And how lift can be achieved in the ZRE?

What im guessing is.. lift is like the N/A's (VVTi-L) version of a small turbo? A small kick in acceleration? A torque boost?

Any help? Is the ZRE capable of this?

Im babyin' my ZR too much to have tried anything redline and past that.. (6,500rpm redline and 8000rpm max) is the sportivo rev limit higher? eg 03,04,05 models and alike.

The Only toyota engine varient with "Lift" is the 2zzge. Found in Sportivo Corolla's ZZE123 and Celica ZZT231.

the rev limit on these engines is about 8350 RPM.

Lift is the term given to the actuation of the HIGH cam, which is engaged by oil pressure after the engine meets a certain RPM. (6200 in stock engines)

developed by Yamaha

I'm sure if you google VVTL-i you'll find LOADS of more info

http://www.cnorth.com.au/vvtli/vvtl_i.htm

This would be the video your looking for.

I also found this good site

http://www.puresportscar.com/elisevvtl

But in short at around 6200rpm (stock) a high cam is engaged which changes the valve lift to allow more air and fuel into the engine.

Basically when designing an engine, it must be decided whether it will have most efficient power production at low, medium or high revs. Having variable valve lift and a second cam grinding allows you to then pick 2 from the list.

Hrmm.. So all in all. The ZRE can achieve lift? Any ZR owners tried this on their rolla yet? I might give it a crack in the morning on the way to work. hehe

Just gota kick it up to 6,500rpm!

Hrmm.. So all in all. The ZRE can achieve lift? Any ZR owners tried this on their rolla yet? I might give it a crack in the morning on the way to work. hehe

Just gota kick it up to 6,500rpm!

Did you not read the fourth post? Blind Kid Seeks answered the question in his first sentence:

The Only toyota engine varient with "Lift" is the 2zzge. Found in Sportivo Corolla's ZZE123 and Celica ZZT231.

You can keep trying all you want to on you ZRE, but you're never going to hit lift. The only thing you will hit is redline.

8250 is the stock rev limit ..... wat happens sometimes is the ecu doesnt catch it quick enough and u get urself up to 8300+ ...... bouncing on the limiter can get u up to 8400-8500 .......

sorry no expert, but i think it needs a new ecu/piggy back system that gets rid of the rev limiter.. i wouldnt bother makeing it rev harder unless you got engine mods first.. id think u would just cause more engine wear on the motor without serious mods.. thats just my opinion anyway..

to do it cleanly a new ecu .... apexi PFC, Vipec, autronic, motec etc

n/a and no mods 2 the engine internally but with all the bolton bits u can sustain 5700 - 8400

f/i with built engine i can get it as low as 4400 wen @ WOT ..... but since u dont drive around that way its sitting @ 5100 - 8500 at the moment